24 Hours...

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

..to kick off. Anyone nervous?
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Nah ... Bring it on.

I do believe the boys are ready.
lion24
Legend

I am working tomorrow right up to about a half hour to game time so I won't be nervous until I sit down to watch :beauty:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

WestCoastJoe wrote:Nah ... Bring it on.

I do believe the boys are ready.
As do I. I expect a spanking to put an exclamation mark on this season.
geroy_simon_081
Starter

I wasn't nervous last week and I'm not nervous this week. I certainly hope the team isn't in the same frame of mind as myself sinceI don't foresee this game being too difficult on my heart/emotions. Bring it on...

This team has 1 more sleep before their date with destiny and a shot to be forever immortalized in CFL lore...One of the greatest turnarounds in CFL history.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

geroy_simon_081 wrote:This team has 1 more sleep before their date with destiny and a shot to be forever immortalized in CFL lore...One of the greatest turnarounds in CFL history.
One way or the other, this season will become a talking point of reference for future underperforming teams looking for some positive spin. Either, "big deal, so we only won one game in our last five, look at Wpg in 2011, blah, blah, blah..." or (more preferably), "big deal, so we're not off to a strong start, look at BC in 2011, blah, blah, blah..."
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I don't get as nervous with this team as with past versions. Anything can happen but I believe they'll be ready, mentally and physically.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I was very nervous before the last regular game against the Als but was very calm before the western conference finals. No butterflies yet.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I'm not going to get nervous until I walk into the stadium..... It will be at its worst just before kickoff and then again right before its over (3 minute warning 4th quarter). It will be enjoyable regardless of outcome, but obviously cheering for the Leos....
joe kapp22
Legend

Not until kickoff, may turn on Team radio to hear pregame coverage about an hour or so before the game as per my routine, otherwise I'll just try to do other things until the game comes on.
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.