Lions @ TiCats, October 22, 2011 Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Looks like the TiCats are going to use 2 quarterbacks by design.

No Jamall Johnson. No Chris Williams. Good for us.

No Solomon Elimimian. Bad for us. But we should be OK.

I expect the TiCats to bring their A game against us. There is a lot of personal emotion between the teams.

And Arland Bruce will be highly motivated to play well against the team that decided he was no longer indispensable.

Looking forward to the game at rickety old Ivor Wynne stadium.

New weapon for the Lions: Jock Sanders.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

A "must" game if they want to keep pace with both Edmonton and Calgary. Hope the boys didn't party too much at Braley's shindig.
joe kapp22
Legend

I've heard we need to win 2 of the last 3 to win the #1 seed is that a fact?

TiCats are a tough opponent, when they are right they can win a Cup, when they are bad I get the feeling that there could be a fist fight break out on their sidelines.
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
joe kapp22
Legend

jcalhoun wrote:
joe kapp22 wrote:I've heard we need to win 2 of the last 3 to win the #1 seed is that a fact?
Sort of. We basically need to win today in Hamilton or against Montreal in the last week of the season, but we must beat the Eskimos next week.

Edmonton is currently two points ahead of us. If we beat the Ticats we're tied in points, but have the tie-breaker going into next week's game. If we then beat Edmonton, they cannot finish first. If Edmonton beats us, and then wins their final game against the Riders they take first place if we also lose to Montreal, second place if we beat Montreal. However, if Edmonton beats the Lions by more than the current point spread between the two in the season series (I think we're 28 points up on them) the Lions cannot finish ahead of the Eskimos in the standings.

So, yeah...we need to win two games, but we also can't lose the game to the Eskimos by more than 28 points.

But first things first --they gotta win today. I like their chances, but I'm worried about this one.

Cheers,

James

So:

win 1 of 2 of the non Western Division Games

or

Win 2, but do not lose to Edmonton by more then 28 pts

Ah well, just win the darn game!

:roar:
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

joe kapp22 wrote:
jcalhoun wrote:
joe kapp22 wrote:I've heard we need to win 2 of the last 3 to win the #1 seed is that a fact?
Sort of. We basically need to win today in Hamilton or against Montreal in the last week of the season, but we must beat the Eskimos next week.

Edmonton is currently two points ahead of us. If we beat the Ticats we're tied in points, but have the tie-breaker going into next week's game. If we then beat Edmonton, they cannot finish first. If Edmonton beats us, and then wins their final game against the Riders they take first place if we also lose to Montreal, second place if we beat Montreal. However, if Edmonton beats the Lions by more than the current point spread between the two in the season series (I think we're 28 points up on them) the Lions cannot finish ahead of the Eskimos in the standings.

So, yeah...we need to win two games, but we also can't lose the game to the Eskimos by more than 28 points.

But first things first --they gotta win today. I like their chances, but I'm worried about this one.

Cheers,

James

So:

win 1 of 2 of the non Western Division Games

or

Win 2, but do not lose to Edmonton by more then 28 pts

Ah well, just win the darn game!

:roar:
Win today, win next week, we clinch first.
Lose today, win next week, win week after that (or Esks lose to Riders) we finish first.
Win today, lose next week by less than 28 points, win week after that vs. Montreal combined with Esks loss to Sask we finish first.
Win today, lose next week by more than 28 points, Esks clinch first.
Lose today, lose next week, Eskimos clinch first.

So this is huge game.
pennw
Legend

Lots of pressure on BC to keep winning streak in tact . Tough way to do it , run the table practically that is . We do owe the Ticats pay back though .
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Today is almost a must win for the Leos. It gives them complete control of their playoff seeding, and could allow them a mulligan in the last game against Montreal, in which a loss could ultimately prove to be blessing. Believing in the law of averages as I do, I would almost rather the Lions go into the playoffs on a 1 game losing streak, than on an 11 game winning streak.
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

Is marsh starting??
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

TiCats are a tough opponent, when they are right they can win a Cup, when they are bad I get the feeling that there could be a fist fight break out on their sidelines.
If the Lions win their remaining games they finish first. No ifs or buts.
joe kapp22
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:

If the Lions win their remaining games they finish first. No ifs or buts.
I like how you think!

Listening to team 1410, and Brown/Mitchell/Sol-E/Arakgi are all out heard nothing about Dante being out.
joe kapp22
Legend

BCLions BC Lions
Tonight's #BCLions scratches are 25 Robertson 20 Dennis 96 Mitchell 45 Arakgi. #CFL
Dante is on the job.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

jcalhoun wrote:Hey all,

I wonder if the Bombers' win today will effect Hamilton's coaching staff tonight. If the Bombers had lost, Hamilton still had a long-shot chance of hosting a playoff game; now they can't catch either team and know they'll be on the road for the Eastern semi-final.

If it effects the game at all, I imagine that Hamilton's coaches will be more patient with both QB's but especially Porter, and allow him to work through mistakes in the game.

Cheers,

James
It's a good, good, bad, scenario for us... good that Hamilton has nothing to play for tonight... good that Montreal and Winnipeg have everything to play for against the Stamps in the next two weeks... but bad for us that likely Montreal will be coming to BC needing a win. Of course if we take care of business before then it won't matter about what Montreal needs.
geroy_simon_081
Starter

The Lions just need to show up and play properly. There's no way Hamilton is even close to them and given their inconsistencies, BC just needs to come out strong and finish drives early. We owe Hamilton a couple. We literally choked one away last year at empire and earlier this year we also spotted them a win.

Having said all that, if there's one game they can afford to lose, it's this one. As long as they beat the eskies next week and the als the following, they're fine. Anyways - Go Lions :popcorn: