Greg Marshall and Doug Berry fired

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

almo89
Legend

Ken Miller takes over.

http://tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=374113
Rammer
Team Captain

almo89 wrote:Ken Miller takes over.

If you are going to clean house in mid season, you have to give the Riders credit, doing it at the break. Funny how all three teams that are struggling are just now going into their breaks.
Entertainment value = an all time low
almo89
Legend

Rammer wrote:

If you are going to clean house in mid season, you have to give the Riders credit, doing it at the break. Funny how all three teams that are struggling are just now going into their breaks.
That's why in a way, I wanna see the Lions get blown out tonight and see tons of problems on the offense. MAYBE by then we'll finally see a change in BC
Last edited by almo89 on Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
swervynmerv
Legend

Funny that these other teams that have poor records haev decided to address it and make changes mid-season. If the Lions lose tonight will they?
kacbru
prospect

This will be a good experiment. I don't expect the lions to make any changes at HC or OC (it's about player execution!) so we'll see which team responds and makes the playoffs. Or they both might lose the turtle derby to the Argos.
Rammer
Team Captain

swervynmerv wrote:Funny that these other teams that have poor records haev decided to address it and make changes mid-season. If the Lions lose tonight will they?
Only the Riders have made the move to fire their HC, TO just won and is solidly in control of a playoff spot.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

almo89 wrote:
Rammer wrote:

That's why in a way, I wanna see the Lions get blown out tonight and see tons of problems on the offense. MAYBE by then we'll finally see a change in BC
Would you mind if we sucked on offence but still found a way to win? that way we get a win and maybe a new OC on the same night!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

swervynmerv wrote:Funny that these other teams that have poor records haev decided to address it and make changes mid-season. If the Lions lose tonight will they?
Nope, it's not the coaching, schemes or playcalling. It's the players not executing the plays called.

Cheers,

Wally Buono
The_Pauser
Legend

Argos fire their DC, Riders fire their HC and OC, Lions will cut a veteran backup. My guess is if we lose tonight you'll see Kamau Peterson thrown under the bus and released as a result. And yes, I'm aware he was scratched and wasn't even brought to Edmonton.
Roar you Lions roar!
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Surprised a little but obviously not too much. I thought is might only be Berry that would get the axe. Marshall just looked awful last evening. I do think the Riders will get a bounce from this but how much of one....

Durant, IMO, has to use his strengths. He is quoted as not liking being considered a running QB. He feels he can be a pocket passer. Forget about it Durant. Your legs help the other parts of your game. Who cares how you get labelled. Play to your strengths, IMO. I think Miller can/will get the Riders going....Now its the Lions turn to get going.....
swervynmerv
Legend

Rammer wrote:Only the Riders have made the move to fire their HC, TO just won and is solidly in control of a playoff spot.
Not their HC, but the Argos fired their DC two weeks ago which is a significant change. The Lions, well.......... :bang: .
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

It looks like the residue of Kent Austin's influence is about gone.

Since Eric Tillman has been forgiven the Riders in retrospect should have just kept him locked up at home for another year, and gradually integrated him back into the operation.

So the Riders make the necessary move. And the Argos fired their DC.

I guess the Lions will make a move too, huh? Ummmmmmm ... Not likely.

Except for a token firing of a low level assistant, or another player or two.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Lions aren't a shipwreck. No need to make changes.

David Braley
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

This was an easy move for the Riders. They just happened to have a former head coach on ther payroll who had taken the club to the Grey Cup in the past two seasons and had won a Grey Cup as their offensive coordinator in 2007. They're still several players away from being the team they were last year but Miller might help them believe in themselves again.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

swervynmerv wrote:Funny that these other teams that have poor records have decided to address it and make changes mid-season. If the Lions lose tonight will they?
“David has publicly indicated that Wally has a job for as long as he wants a job. What does that mean? At the end of the day he may have a job in the organization but it could be a different job, whether that’s precipitated by him coming forward or him getting a tap on the shoulder. Wally knows nothing lasts forever. In our assessment today this is not about changing Wally. Changing a head coach is very drastic. Now is not the time and place.” :hypno:

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Baffl ... z1VW8AyoTX
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis