Ken Miller stepping down

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

joe kapp22
Legend

CFLDaily CFLDaily
That, according to a TSN report just released. Again, 11:00 AM, Miller to step down as HC.
4 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

CFLDaily CFLDaily
11:00 AM Press Conference in Saskatchewan, where Ken Miller will announce he is stepping down as Head Coach of the club. #CFL
Back to back GC losses is hard to deal with, any ideas who will replace him in Riderville?
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
Rammer
Team Captain

ed_lunsford wrote:
CFLDaily CFLDaily
That, according to a TSN report just released. Again, 11:00 AM, Miller to step down as HC.

CFLDaily CFLDaily
11:00 AM Press Conference in Saskatchewan, where Ken Miller will announce he is stepping down as Head Coach of the club. #CFL
Back to back GC losses is hard to deal with, any ideas who will replace him in Riderville?
Richie Hall's name will be one of the contenders, along with Berry's. Then you can add any assistant that Tillman has been looking over for the Esks vacant HC position. I hope that Berry is the selection, he was brutal on his P/K'ers and the Riders are weakest at the K position (at least until Congi makes it back, but that isn't a guarantee at this stage), could be good TV viewing from this vantage point.
Entertainment value = an all time low
ziggy
Legend

Rammer wrote:
ed_lunsford wrote:
CFLDaily CFLDaily

CFLDaily CFLDaily
Richie Hall's name will be one of the contenders, along with Berry's. Then you can add any assistant that Tillman has been looking over for the Esks vacant HC position. I hope that Berry is the selection, he was brutal on his P/K'ers and the Riders are weakest at the K position (at least until Congi makes it back, but that isn't a guarantee at this stage), could be good TV viewing from this vantage point.
Perhaps a good opportunity for Jacques Chapdelaine :pray:
joe kapp22
Legend

Come on ziggy, that is just cruel, inflicting Chap on the Riders is hitting below the belt..
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
princetonfan
Rookie

I agree with Ziggy :cr:
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

Brendan Taman is their GM, so IMHO, Berry is a lock for the spot.
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Great. Now there are two teams who may be looking at Dickenson for his services. Of course we aren't even in the running because we still have someone named Chapdelaine on our payroll.

Thats a pretty rough ride (pun intended) for the greenies however. First Austin, then Tillman and now Miller. That is a lot of turnover in an organization in key spots. in just a few years. Couple that with replacing Tillman with Taman who has been a controversial figure in the past and this does nothing to help that organization.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Berry is the likely successor so the Riders will be looking for a new OC. Miller was OC on the Grey Cup-winning team in 2007 and still had a big influence on the offence in the past three seasons when LaPolice (2008-09) and Berry (2010) served as offensive coordinator.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Perhaps Chapdelaine would make a good HC, as long as he is not calling plays.
Rotor
prospect

THere will be only two candidates unfortunately Richie Hall and Doug Berry

of the two I prefer Berry - but would rather they go outside the organization as we are getting stale

If Hall is the coach I expect Gibson to become the OC

If its Berry the OC will be Dyce - Danny Maciocca or Gibson
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

As long as in hindsight they choose the wrong man I'm happy
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Rotor wrote: If its Berry the OC will be Dyce - Danny Maciocca or Gibson
Doubt it would be Maciocca; he is now the head coach at an university in Quebec
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:
Rotor wrote: If its Berry the OC will be Dyce - Danny Maciocca or Gibson
Doubt it would be Maciocca; he is now the head coach at an university in Quebec
So a HC opportunity at a college in Quebec has been filled. One less opportunity available for anyone else who might qualify ... too bad. :wink:

But congrats to Danny M who seemed way over his head in the CFL.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

ziggy wrote:

Perhaps a good opportunity for Jacques Chapdelaine :pray:
We can only hope :pray: :pray:
Mikemike
All Star

It's not gonna happen with the other more qualified names in the mix, but I'd bring Kavis Reed back and at least interview him for the HC position in Sask. He's a real quality coach and if someone takes a chance on him I have a feeling it will really pay off. Greg Marshall would be a great darkhorse as well.
As long as in hindsight they choose the wrong man I'm happy
LOL If they choose Chapdelaine, doublely so! Honestly guys, I would vote for Chapdelaine to become Prime Minister if it would just facilitate getting him out of the OC position in BC. I don't doubt that deep down he's got some amazing and admirable qualities; but clearly he's in the wrong freakin job at the moment!