Lions 23 - TiCats 21, Post Game Stats and Comments

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
T. LULAY 30/41 424 2 1

Receiving Rec YDS TD LG
J. ROBERTSON 11 92 0 20
E. ARCENEAUX 8 164 2 35
O. WILSON 4 29 0 9
S. BLACK 3 91 0 39
G. SIMON 2 35 0 26
R. LUMBALA 2 13 0 11

Rushing ATT YDS TD LG
J. ROBERTSON 9 27 0 12
T. LULAY 5 34 0 8
J. JACKSON 2 3 0 2
R. LUMBALA 1 2 0 2

Fumbles NO LST REC YDS

Field Goals FG LG XP PTS
P. MCCALLUM 3/4 30 2/2 11

Punting NO AVG NET LG
P. MCCALLUM 7 44.3 270 56

Punt Returns NO YDS AVG LG TD
Y. DAVIS 5 2 0.4 9 0
A. HARRIS 2 7 3.5 7 0

Kickoffs NO YDS LG SG
P. MCCALLUM 3 159 55 0

Kick Returns NO YDS AVG LG TD
Y. DAVIS 2 19 9.5 14 0
A. HARRIS 1 16 16.0 16 0

Defence TKL SK INT FF
S. FRANKS 6 0 0 0
A. MCKENZIE 4 0 0 0
R. PHILLIPS 3 0 0 0
A. HUNT 3 0 0 0
S. ELIMIMIAN 3 0 0 0
T. CRAWFORD 3 0 0 0
D. MARSH 3 0 0 0
A. REDDICK 2 0 1 0
K. BANKS 2 0 0 0
B. JOHNSON 2 0 0 0
J. OLAFIOYE 1 0 0 0
A. LEONARD 1 0 0 0
J. BROWN 1 0 0 0
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
K. GLENN 18/35 287 3 1

Receiving Rec YDS TD LG
M. MANN 6 115 2 41
C. BAUMAN 3 95 0 43
M. MCDANIEL 3 29 0 11
D. STALA 3 28 1 11
D. COBB 3 20 0 12

Rushing ATT YDS TD LG
D. COBB 10 36 0 13
K. GLENN 3 32 0 17
M. THIGPEN 3 31 0 19
Q. PORTER 1 0 0 0

Fumbles NO LST REC YDS

Field Goals FG LG XP PTS

Punting NO AVG NET LG
E. WILBUR 10 38.7 378 53

Punt Returns NO YDS AVG LG TD
M. THIGPEN 6 40 6.7 13 0

Kickoffs NO YDS LG SG
S. DEANGELIS 3 156 54 0

Kick Returns NO YDS AVG LG TD
M. MCDANIEL 2 31 15.5 27 0
M. THIGPEN 1 33 33.0 33 0

Defence TKL SK INT FF
J. JOHNSON 7 1 0 0
O. FLOYD 7 0 0 0
G. TISDALE 6 0 0 0
J. REID 5 2 0 0
J. SHIVERS 5 0 0 0
J. DENNIS 4 0 0 0
R. HINDS 3 0 0 0
D. BOLDEN 3 0 0 0
K. HEBERT 3 0 0 0
J. HICKMAN 2 1 0 0
S. BAGGS 2 1 0 0
M. KNOWLTON 2 0 0 0
D. BARKER 1 0 1 0
G. MACKAY 1 0 0 0
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

424 yards passing. Hands up those who still think Lulay can't move this offence?
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Exciting game. Lots of effort.

Travis Lulay played very, very well.

Jamal Robertson contributed greatly.

Keron Williams had no stats aside from the penalty.

No pass rush.

Stanley Franks still gets picked on like a pinata.
1greatmysticbushape
Champion

Wow - another thrill. works for me.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
T. LULAY 30/41 424 2 1
CFL quarterback kind of stuff ... the Kid's got game.
Receiving Rec YDS TD LG
J. ROBERTSON 11 92 0 20
E. ARCENEAUX 8 164 2 35
O. WILSON 4 29 0 9
S. BLACK 3 91 0 39
G. SIMON 2 35 0 26
R. LUMBALA 2 13 0 11
Manny :thup: Hope he don't take the A-Train to the NFL.

Jamal :thup:

O'Neil Yeah

Black :thup:

Geroy ... to use the phrase from decades ago: "Give it to Geroy." Hope Leroy Sledge is alive and well somewhere. :thup:
geroy_simon_081
Starter

We just grinded that one out. Plenty of heart.They did what they had to do, now all we can do is hope for the best in Regina.
Arcenaux had a hell of a game. I thought Lulay was good and liked our defense as well. Although, as mentioned Stanley Franks is clearly the target in that secondary.

With all the young talent on this team, I'm excited for the future. Funny with the way the season has gone,all our frustrations and all we still end up with a respectable 8-10 season.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Tremendous game by Lulay, 30 of 41 for 424 yards. Arceneaux came up big. Lulay looked for him in man coverage whenever the TiCats blitzed.

Kevin Glenn picked on the two B.C. rookies on the wide side of the secondary throughout the first half, completing three TD passes against Stanley Franks and David Hyland. B.C. came up big in the second half, though, getting more pressure on Glenn and holding the TiCats scoreless, thanks in part to some drops from the Hamilton receivers.

B.C.'s offensive and defensive lines still lost the battle in the but played well enough in the second half to allow the Lions to come from behind for only the second time.

Regardless of what happens later today, the Lions have done a great job to claw back into the playoff race with a 7-3 record in the second part of the season. Go Riders!
donefron
Starter

BC Lions 8-10 coming up a thrill packed tour of the prairies with stops in Regina, Calgary, & Edmonton for the big party.
GO LIONS GO !!!!! :roar:
Big Time
Champion

Okay, happy with the result, so I don't want to be too negative but....

CHAPDELAINE - If you are still on this team next year, I am giving up my season tickets. Two questions:

How many times do you have to throw the ball 15 yards wide to Jamal Robertson to see him make a 2 or 3 yard gain before you realize that this play doesn't work?

How many times do you have to face 2nd and long and throw the ball on a 1 yard out?

I was absolutely DYING to see them stretch the field more. The most frustrating play that a team can run is when they don't even give themselves a chance. If it is 2nd and 10, throw the ball at LEAST 10 yards! This isn't brain surgery! The play calling was so bloody conservative in the first half I felt like they were trying to lose. It's almost like the Lions win in spite of their offensive coordinator.

Other negatives: The offensive line was brutal almost the entirety of the game. Lulay is lucky he didn't get hurt out there.

Defense: played great for the most part but someone needs to teach them how to defend a screen pass. They also got some help when Hamilton made quite a few drops in the second half.

Referees: Otis Floyd has back to back unnecessary roughness penalties on Lulay, the second one a totally needless tackle out of bounds and he doesn't get tossed out? What's a guy gotta do to get ejected from a game? Big blown call by the refs on that one.

Keron Williams: you have been the biggest bust on the Lions this year and your idiotic unnecessary roughness penalty at the end of the game nearly cost us the season. if it had, you'd be out of a job. You may still be considering your performance this year.

I realize I'm dumping a lot of negatives here, but I feel some times like the Lions make it tough to love them. They showed a better amount of discipline today (Williams notwithstanding) than they have for most of the season so I'm glad they got the result. Let's hope the comeback can be completed tonight.
KILLER
Legend

That late procedure call that the Ticats took may have been the biggest play of the game in some respects, it took them back to where they need 15 yards to get a first down and they started letting up right after it. Another big play was that pick at the Lions 5 yard line by Reddick, gave the Lions a jolt of positiveness.
DEATH AWAITS YOU ALL WITH NASTY BIG POINTY TEETH!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Travis Lulay and Emmanuel Arceneaux had their biggest game of their young career. I thought the biggest play of the game was the dropped touchdown pass by the Ti-Cats.
joe kapp22
Legend

Big Time wrote:Okay, happy with the result, so I don't want to be too negative but....

CHAPDELAINE - If you are still on this team next year, I am giving up my season tickets. Two questions:

How many times do you have to throw the ball 15 yards wide to Jamal Robertson to see him make a 2 or 3 yard gain before you realize that this play doesn't work?

How many times do you have to face 2nd and long and throw the ball on a 1 yard out?

I was absolutely DYING to see them stretch the field more. The most frustrating play that a team can run is when they don't even give themselves a chance. If it is 2nd and 10, throw the ball at LEAST 10 yards! This isn't brain surgery! The play calling was so bloody conservative in the first half I felt like they were trying to lose. It's almost like the Lions win in spite of their offensive coordinator.

Other negatives: The offensive line was brutal almost the entirety of the game. Lulay is lucky he didn't get hurt out there.

Defense: played great for the most part but someone needs to teach them how to defend a screen pass. They also got some help when Hamilton made quite a few drops in the second half.

Referees: Otis Floyd has back to back unnecessary roughness penalties on Lulay, the second one a totally needless tackle out of bounds and he doesn't get tossed out? What's a guy gotta do to get ejected from a game? Big blown call by the refs on that one.

Keron Williams: you have been the biggest bust on the Lions this year and your idiotic unnecessary roughness penalty at the end of the game nearly cost us the season. if it had, you'd be out of a job. You may still be considering your performance this year.

I realize I'm dumping a lot of negatives here, but I feel some times like the Lions make it tough to love them. They showed a better amount of discipline today (Williams notwithstanding) than they have for most of the season so I'm glad they got the result. Let's hope the comeback can be completed tonight.

I agree with 95% of what you have emoted, save for the dummy dump off passes that go nowhere, Lulay is a young Qb and sometimes I think it is better to throw a completion that does not accomplish much over an incompletion.

I like Keron Williams game, he is not a pure passrushing DE, if Brent Johnson is to be a spot starter I'd prefer to keep Keron but not expect him to end up with 10 sacks or to consistently pressure the QB.

And let me say, I am tremendously proud of this BC Lions team, 1-7 and they could have easily packed it in, instead they tucked their chin into their chest and kept on grinding on the season, we may make the playoffs, we may not, but I will never question the heart of this team, they are the Jason Voorhees of the CFL, they refuse to lay down.... :2cents:
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
prj
Starter

Line play nearly cost the season. Lots of changes needed on this group, I fear! Gutsy play by Travis ... he's going to be great in this league. Manny played amazingly well.

The old pharte with the strong right leg deserves some recognition too!

It wasn't pretty, but I'll proudly accept it.

Nice game guys.
:beer:
pennw
Legend

Lulay won the game for us plain and simple , something Panic Printers never could have done . 424 yards , so what do you nay-sayers have to say about that ? Lulay can't throw the deep ball , hogwash . Lulay can only dink and dunk , hogwash . Chap doesn't allow QB's to scramble , hogwash . Chap doesn't allow the deep ball , hogwash again . Luly can't win , hogwash I say .
BC can't beat the best teams without Printers , signed the Als , Stamps , Riders and Ticats.
How about a new innovative theory Printers can't win as a starter because he panics under pressure , blames o-line who gets po'd at him and gets out of their game ?
Now go Riders ... :dizzy: