Foley wondering if he made a mistake signing with Argos?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Hawkballer 14
Champion

:violin:

Eat one Ricky; you made your bed, now you have to lay in it.
joe kapp22
Legend

This dude is a flake.

I do not say that in a mean way towards Ricky Foley, however he just never seems to find what he was looking for so he is always vacillating between being really happy, and being really disappointed.

As for making his bed, well this is the CFL he could easily wind up back in BC... :popcorn:
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Grass is not always greener on the other side.
The_Pauser
Legend

So does this mean he actually likes the rotating system? I'm confused because one too many times he's said one thing and meant another so I really don't know what he means here.
Roar you Lions roar!
MacNews
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:Grass is not always greener on the other side.
Especially when it turns out to be mud.

Signed,

Rickey Foley
ziggy
Legend

Another year another coach for Ricky to complain about. As I said before he seems to be all about Ricky and therefrore I'm glad we never signed him. Chin up Ricky you get to play part time in front of your family and that's what is important to you right? So no complaints about your playing time and reduced role please, you can't have everything.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

I've got no ill feelings towards Ricky. Why should I have?

He played hard for us. He was good with the fans.

What do I care if he does not know how to negotiate a contract, or is somewhat immature, or was influenced by his family, or took the higher offer?

It's done. I wish him well.

It left us standing at the altar, looking foolish, but if we wanted him that badly, get him to sign the paper, even though a man's word should be good, and even though technically his verbal agreement was a binding contract. A lot of these players are like overgrown children. They have never known anything except football. In Ricky's case, it sounds like he did a few tons of work keeping the farm going when he was a kid. He ain't no city slicker kid.

Players come. Players go. No hard feelings when they are gone.

It was confusing and complicated when we thought he was coming here.

But Wally even said he could help us a little bit. He would have helped with the ratio. If we do not find an import DE who can pass rush ferociously then his loss does hurt us somewhat competitively. But we should be able to find that kind of DE. Perhaps even Brandon Sharpe could be that guy. We won't know unless and until he gets a chance to play.

I liked Ricky when he was here. I do not think he did anything intentional to screw us over, although I was suspicious of that as the story was breaking. And like someone said, he might even end up back here. Would we still be mad at him at that point?
beachboy
prospect

It depends how you define 'ill' feelings.....I don't want the guy to get injured or anything but I think it's ok to call a spade a spade...To say anything else other than the guy looks like an absolute baby and moron is glossing over his actions and words.....He may not 'be' a moron (ie. nice to fans etc....) But the perception is that he is one....Perception become reality.....Based upon the past month I do not want him to become a BC Lion again, I would rather have non-flakes on our team...
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

This is just too rich. I am at a loss of keystrokes.

I fully expect to hear the alarm any moment, as this story cannot be real.
Blitz
Team Captain

I'm not sour on Ricky Foley, just because he didn't sign here in B.C. It was a tough decision for Foley...to play with his old team and teammates or to go back to his roots and family. He was indecisive and Wally himself gave Foley the out by saying to Foley to be sure, after he had said he wanted to return here.

Some are saying that Foley is a flake...I don't know if he is or not. What is obvious is that he's a very good football player, a rare Canadian defensive end who can get to the quarterback, is very athletic, and what impressed me most about Foley was his pursuit and hustle...he hustled more on every play more than any defensive player we had last season.

I'm still disappointed he didn't come back to B.C. and would welcome him back one day in the future...if he became a free agent.

How about a B.C./Toronto trade.....O Neil Wilson for Foley .....just kidding...we could throw in Chap as well.. :wink: :wink:
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Rodu
Champion

Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Excellent news that Ricky Phoney had karma bite him in the butt. Doing that team10hockey interview must have peeved lady luck.

At least he has his wubby, and daddy can tuck him and his white spandex into bed at night.

Great move by Wally by not signing this flake.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

LOL!! But, but I'm.........Rickey Foley! Too funny.

Enjoy TO and the 10k fans that couldn't give a rat's butt about you Foley.

He's made his bed; Wally wouldn't touch this guy with a ten foot pole now, his players would revolt. Foley slighted them and they are pissed. I bet they are chuckling a little today.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Grass is not always greener on the other side.
Soundgarden covered this topic a little better in Outshined. But they echo my sentiments on the issue.