Solomon "Aluminum" Elimimian Shines - Mike Beamish

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Solo ... story.html
“On, that’s standard,” says Aluminum, a.k.a. Elimimian, the Nigerian-born middle linebacker for the B.C. Lions. “My name has been slaughtered since I started playing football. So I don’t mind that. It’s one of those things where you take the good with the bad.”

“I thank God for the passion I have,” says the 23-year-old Elimimian. “I’ve been blessed with that attribute. I love this game and I respect it. Playing linebacker, you have to be very aggressive. And there are times when you’ll get hit. But you always have to have the mentality of punishing the ballcarrier.”
Finally this year, Wally made the decision to stock the cupboard with fast, hard hitting linebackers from the U.S. Guys too small for the NFL, but with amazing speed, athleticism and football instincts. After we lost Otis Floyd, Jamall Johnson and Markeith Knowlton, our cupboard was bare. IMO ...

Elimimian, Leonard, Henderson. These guys can fly. And find the ball. And hit.
“I’ve been blessed to play behind a great defensive line,” Elimimian says. “In the Calgary game, Keron [Williams], [Khalif] Mitchell, J.B. [Jonathan Brown] and B.J. [Brent Johnson] played a tremendous game. They were really the stars. Keron initiated the sack on Henry. I just finished it.”

Modesty becomes him, says coach Wally Buono. But he’s already comparing the magnitude of Elimimian’s contribution with a magnificent linebacker he used to have in Calgary, Alondra Johnson.

“A.J. used to hit everybody, whether you were on his team or not, and Solomon is a hitter in the same mold,” Buono says. “A.J.’s attitude was infectious. We needed that. And Solomon has that. He’s part of a good young core on defence meshing very nicely with our veteran players.”
High praise for Alum.

Henderson seems to have taken a back seat for a while, but I don't think the Lions have given up on him.
pennw
Legend

Should hope they haven't given up on Henderson . He's still a very good fast LBer . But I gotta admit we can't take Elimimian out . These guys collectively have to be one of the best LB groups we've ever had . If anything , Mackenzie may be the one looking over his shoulder next year .
Rick James
Legend

pennw wrote:Should hope they haven't given up on Henderson . He's still a very good fast LBer . But I gotta admit we can't take Elimimian out . These guys collectively have to be one of the best LB groups we've ever had . If anything , Mackenzie may be the one looking over his shoulder next year .
Nothing beats the trio of Kidd Simpson and Ayanbedejo.
pennw
Legend

I didn't say they were the best ever , just one of the best groups . They're still very young rookies , give'em some time , they'll be very good . A far cry from what we had the last couple of seasons . Nice to see our D develop into a very good unit .