Edm at Wpg - whom to cheer for??

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

David
Team Captain

Obviously, I never like to see teams in the West gain a point, but realistically, do you see Edmonton going 0-5? Would you rather Edmonton win so that their losing streak is broken (so they can start a new one next week? :roar:)

How about Saskatchewan at Calgary? Do you mind Saskatchewan getting so far in front? Or do you think we should set our sights on keeping pace with the Stampeders?

DH
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Centrum22
Starter

Brutal 1st quarter. Total amateur hour out there. Six yards in total offence for Edmonton.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Rootin' for Buck's team. LaPolice seems to have them going in a good direction. Rootin' against Maciocia and LeLacheur, although I like Ricky Ray as a QB.

I'm likin' the Little Green Riders on the Prairie. Aside from the Tillman madness, the Riders franchise is doing so many things well.

Hufnagel looks too intense, like he is going to have a brain embolism at any moment.
Lion_Pride_26
Legend

I might need to see a Doctor.....I'm actually feeling sorry for Edmonton! :dizzy:

23-0 for Winnipeg halfway through the 2nd quarter! And this is without Buck Pierce!
Centrum22
Starter

What is wrong with Edmonton? This is hard to watch.

Issue for discussion: Is Edmonton the new Toronto?
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Edmonton hasn't hit bottom yet. I don't want to see them put it all together before facing the Lions.

I expect Calgary to win a close one against Saskatchewan. It would be good for the division. Last year only two wins separated first place from last place in the West.
Centrum22
Starter

Johnson returns punt 83 yards for a touchdown against Edmonton in the last two minutes of game to make score 14-47 Winnipeg, adding insult to injury.

Poor Edmonton. Poor, poor Edmonton.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Centrum22 wrote:What is wrong with Edmonton? This is hard to watch.

Issue for discussion: Is Edmonton the new Toronto?

No. I think we are. ;)
Real women wear orange!!
AndrewVB
prospect

Hi guys, this is glenvb from Esksfans.com. My 7-year-old is determined to cheer against all of my teams, so he's decided he's a BC Lions fan. He's just taken great pleasure in my team's humiliation just now, so he said he wanted to sign up for an account over here.

Andrew says, GO LIONS!!
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

AndrewVB wrote:Hi guys, this is glenvb from Esksfans.com. My 7-year-old is determined to cheer against all of my teams, so he's decided he's a BC Lions fan. He's just taken great pleasure in my team's humiliation just now, so he said he wanted to sign up for an account over here.

Andrew says, GO LIONS!!
Welcome Andrew and glen.

LOL ... Kids can be cruel. That was a shellacking the Schmos took. Even had a mercy call by the ref on the Int TD called back.

Be careful, though. The Lions are kinda down near the bottom of the food chain, too.

And, no, if offered, I won't trade you GM Buono for GM Maciocia, even though I have been critical of Wally.

Once again, welcome.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Welcome guys!! I expect next weekend will be fun in your house! :) Glad to have a new fan! :)
Real women wear orange!!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

WestCoastJoe wrote:

And, no, if offered, I won't trade you GM Buono for GM Maciocia, even though I have been critical of Wally.
But we will trade our OC for your's. Heck, we'll even throw in Robert Jordan
AndrewVB
prospect

Thanks guys! Yup, next week is going to be a bit of family rivalry...and I'm not so confident about my team, which is crumbling faster than a stale cake.

Andrew's sure that the Lions will win, and he's got his lucky Lions shirt to make sure that they do.

The following week, I'll get to see the Esks at Commonwealth for the first time in 15 years, against the 3-1 powerhouse Argos.

Cheers, glenvb
Rammer
Team Captain

I wonder if either teams game tape will resemble what has gone on for the first 4 games of the season. Maciocia looked awfully pressured at the end of the game, I wonder if he is concerned about his job, hope not. :cr: :wink:

I hope that the Lions have found some new cleats for use come game time, it was a disaster last time in Edmonton.

Hi Glenvb, you have raised your son well I see. :)
Entertainment value = an all time low
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I missed the first half but I caught most of the second half. I was kind of sad to see the Riders get rid of Jyles. I thought he was a purrfect QB for the Riders based on his limited action in the past. However, he looked good from what I saw of him tonight. I wanted the Esks to lose but only because they are in the west. I still see the Bombers as a Western Team too even though they haven't been for awhile. I hope tonight wasn't the Esks 'hitting bottom'.