Game Day Thread - Lions @ Argos

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Lulay vs Lemon.

Braley vs Braley.

Buono vs Barker.

The Lions have lost to arguably the 2 best teams in the league: the Riders and the Alouettes.

The Argos will be a test of a different stripe. In most years, we would expect to win handily. This year we will take the win, regardless. If we don't win, then we will have some idea of the amount of work needed to climb back into the ranks of the contenders.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I'm excited for Lulay to get an opportunity to show what he can do. From the start of training camp, Printers has not looked sharp and has made too many bad decisions. The change of QB is what this team needs in the short term. Hopefully we'll see a new Printers when he's healthy.
Rammer
Team Captain

WestCoastJoe wrote:Lulay vs Lemon.

Braley vs Braley.

Buono vs Barker.

The Lions have lost to arguably the 2 best teams in the league: the Riders and the Alouettes.

The Argos will be a test of a different stripe. In most years, we would expect to win handily. This year we will take the win, regardless. If we don't win, then we will have some idea of the amount of work needed to climb back into the ranks of the contenders.
Regardless of the Lions win/loss tonight, the Lions already know the amount of work needed to climb back into the ranks of the contenders. If we lose tonight, we will know that we have a ton of work needed to climb into a playoff position.

I can live with the two early losses to last years GC contenders, however, TO is a given in order to make a crossover at least. So far the Lions are on track for a rebuilding season given the competition, tonight a loss will move the Lions to the back of the pack.
Entertainment value = an all time low
woody
Champion

Who does Braley root for?Does he wear a Lions cap in first half then switch to Argo blue in the second half :juggle:
orangegloves
Starter

Sitting in the press box, will try and provide a first hand look all night long. Any questions let me know, I'll do my best to try and answer.
David
Team Captain

I have a "good feeling" about the Lions today. While they've been mostly subpar in two of the three facets throughout the first three games, I don't think they're nearly as bad as they've been portrayed this week by fans and media, IMHO.

Coincidentally, Wally called it the "best week of practice in years" this morning on the TEAM, with his guys being highly motivated.

We'll soon find out.

DH
Roar, You Lions, Roar
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Game Time.

Adrenalin rising ...
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

Rush home to beat the traffic to watch the game at home.... only to find out Blck is the PxP man. :bang:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Here we go again. 1st play and we're in a hole :bang: :bang:
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Lovely reddog blitz by banks
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
orangegloves
Starter

Not a great start. Here is my view for the game!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Stubler football. Phillips on the HB blitz = sack.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

OMG did I just witness a running play ?
orangegloves
Starter

TheLionKing wrote:OMG did I just witness a running play ?
Yup we all bore witness. Finally
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

2nd and long and the Lions throw a 5 yard pass :bang: