Beer lines

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Honour Dewalt
Champion

Now I know there are always some guys at games that are way too drunk (must be from pre-drinking) but the beer service at this stadium is not good enough. In the middle of the second quarter, I was in a line for beer that looked like it was halftime. It must have taken 30 minutes! I was only able to get two beers, one for me and one for my friend, and I was never going to go in the line again, considering I did actually want to see the game. I just don't think this is adequate. Its not like I want to get wasted at the game, and at $7 for one small glass of Bud, I certainly wouldn't have many, but to wait for almost the entire second quarter to get two beers is ridiculous.
I think they should double the Beer tents. Also, does anyone know why they don't have people walking around selling anymore? I'm sure that would cut back on the lines too.

Otherwise, I loved the stadium.
carnifex2005
prospect

Heh. I came to this forum to complain about the exact same thing. If the authorities don't want people drinking beer then they should stop this passive aggressive crap with purposefully not providing enough beer vendors. I'll never grab a beer from Empire again unless they fix this problem.
Wally!
Starter

The beer vendors with trays of beer were literally hijacked by people and sold out of beers before they were even ten feet from the beer tent. They started passing those groups around halftime but I never saw one in section 208. I missed the entire 3rd quarter lined up for beer, won;t be doing that again.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Get there early and stock up. I was there during the street party from 5 and 6 p.m. and all the beer stands on the north and east sides were empty. Staff were standing there with no customers in sight. I've never seen that before. The area was full of people, but no one was buying beer.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

I was in Section 211. I went out at halftime. The porta-potty lines were almost non-existent which was a good thing but the beer lineups were a whole different story. I did my thing in the porta-potty then start flowing with the crowd working north to try getting into the beer lineup for the stand located between 211 and 212. The toughest part was trying to figure out where the lineup actually started. I'd passed Lui somewhere along the way obviously standing in line. By the time I got to where I thought the line started only to realize it was just people trying to wander in the other direction. When I worked my way back to find the actual start of the line Lui was only a dozen people ahead of me. I reckon I must've gone a full section and a half too far looking for the start of the line. I finally got almost back to 211 when I heard some noise from inside the stadium indicating the second half was underway. At that point I figured if I wanted another beer that badly I would miss most of the 3rd quarter as it seemed like it would probably take another 20 minutes based on how slowly the line had been moving. So I gave up and went back to my seat.

Like most new set ups there probably are some tricks or better options once somebody knows what they are. There isn't much room on the east side of the stadium for beer stands but walking around the stadium after the game it looks like there is lots of room to work with on the west side. Maybe things were better there or in the endzones???
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.