Lions release Buck Pierce

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Lions Communications
Starter

The BC Lions Football Club announced today that quarterback Buck Pierce has been released.

For the story: http://bclions.com/article/lions-release-buck-pierce
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

You can't make the club from the tub. Sorry to see him go, but football life goes on.
prj
Starter

Great heart!
Thanks Buck. Good luck.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

SM and I had the supreme pleasure of meeting him in Crescent City a few years back on our way back from Vegas. He'll always be my favourite. Best of luck Buck! :roar:
Real women wear orange!!
Spud387
Champion

My avatar isn't going anywhere. Good Luck Buck! Please sign with anyone but the green.
Last edited by Spud387 on Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

JohnHenry wrote:A very sad day in Lionsville. I'd like to thank Buck for his efforts with the Lions and wish him all the best in future endeavours. :cr:

I highly doubt Buck is ready to hang up the cleats just yet. So he may be gone, but he'll likely be back very soon...perhaps wearing green or red?
:whs:
bclions16
Champion

Yep, it's too bad. When he was on, he could be very effective and inspiring. He's also just the type of player you want to cheer for, and certainly one of my favorites.

That said, I understand the move. Hope his career is resurrected back east somewhere.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Big Time
Champion

I still think he could be one of the best in the league if he could play an entire season without getting hurt. A true team player, I wish him well, except against the Lions :-)
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Their is a god after all. BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
David
Team Captain

From a personal standpoint, I am very sorry to see Buck leave the Lions' Den. First class individual who gave Lions fans many great moments and will be remembered for some of the gutsiest performances this franchise has ever seen.

From a business standpoint, I was hoping we could have found a trading partner. The Argos - a team in desperate need of a top tier quarterback to sell to their fan base, now run the risk of having another team sign him first.

DH
Roar, You Lions, Roar
mightybuck
Legend

Well it has been interesting and fun. It was great to meet most of you on here and in person. I wish I had been able to attend more games. Thanks for the welcome to this board 5 years ago and since.
"The most competitive men love the most competitive game" Vince Lombardi

A true friend is someone who walks in when everyone else is walking out
mightybuck
Legend

Their is a god after all
Your all heart
"The most competitive men love the most competitive game" Vince Lombardi

A true friend is someone who walks in when everyone else is walking out
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

If Buck had as solid a line in front of him as the Montreal Alouettes organization are able to forge every season for the last two decades, and an offensive coordinator who ran a balanced offence for the past two seasons, then maybe Pierce would not have sustained the degree of injuries incurred as often as was the case.

The best of the best to Buck Pierce who has always been a fearless warrior and competitor, and the finest of team players, which will always be a mark of his class. :thup:
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
Lion_Pride_26
Legend

mightybuck wrote:
Their is a god after all
Your all heart
Most of us are sorry to see him go. He is a gutsy and talented QB, but unfortunately he is too injury prone (due in most part to our O-Line).