BC Lions Retro Auction is up.

Got em, Need em, Find em, Get em!

Moderator: Team Captains

Spud387
Champion

Damn... Bucky's helmet costs $500 to start :( must be because you get an authentic piece of his noggin with it :shock:
November 13, 2009

(Vancouver) The BC Lions Football Club announced today that the 1960’s-inspired retro uniforms worn this season along with the popular black helmets will be auctioned off through CFL.ca with net proceeds to be donated to the recently established BC Football Hall of Fame.

“We had very positive feedback on the retro jersey and helmets this year and I can’t think of a better way to do our part to help realize the vision of late Lions president and CEO Bob Ackles,” said Lions VP business, George Chayka.

The distinctive look was worn for two regular season road games in Edmonton and Montreal as well as well the club’s final home game versus the Eskimos last week.

Beginning at 10:00 am on Friday, November 13th and running through 11:59 pm on Sunday, November 22nd, fans can visit bclions.com and follow the link to the CFL auction site to place their bid on retro jerseys and helmets.

Click http://bclions.com/article/retro-auction-on-now to visit the retro auction page at CFL.ca
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

So I guess that means we don't get to see them on Sunday. :thdn: :thdn: :thdn:
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Lion Guy wrote:So I guess that means we don't get to see them on Sunday. :thdn: :thdn: :thdn:
I don't want to see ANYTHING that remotely reminds me of that last game. :bang:

Bring on the Orange.. or white
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Im bidding on #64s jersey and helmet. Looks like I won the jersey. BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
LFITQ
Team Captain

Any idea how this went?

I thought the prices were a little high. Especially considering the Ti-cats one was going on at the same time and their prices were CONSIDERABLY lower.

Last I checked there didn't seem to be much movement on any of the items, and then I just plain forgot about it.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Spud387
Champion

LFITQ wrote:Any idea how this went?

I thought the prices were a little high. Especially considering the Ti-cats one was going on at the same time and their prices were CONSIDERABLY lower.

Last I checked there didn't seem to be much movement on any of the items, and then I just plain forgot about it.
diddo. The stuff was SOOO expensive, no way i could justify any of it
Ballistic Bob
Legend

LFITQ wrote:Any idea how this went?

Everything sold with the exception of two jerseys. Lamballa and Yurichuck. With 45 helmets at a minimum bid of 300.00 and some higher and 43 jerseys at a minimum bid of 200.00 and some higher, I think they turned out a tidy sum for the BC Football Hall of Fame. Just at minimum Im calculating 22,100.00. Probably closer to 30,000.00 with most jerseys going for 300.00 and higher and most helmets going for 400.00 and higher. BB
Wear orange or wear nothing