SFU quarterback dies

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columb ... rowns.html

Apparently Bernd Dietrich was in the pool, suddenly lost consciousness and slipped underwater. The CBC site says he was pulled from the pool yesterday afternoon and died this morning in hospital but the report on the 5pm news says he was DOA at Burnaby Hospital. Possible heart condition but we'll await reports.
BEEECEEE
All Star

I'm a SFU football alumni and this is terrible news. I just found out a couple hours ago. It's always hard when you here of a fellow clansman baller passing away.

This guy was a stud and turned the program around. Shocked to say the least.
Formely sfu_guy
Rammer
Team Captain

You don't expect that kind of ending for an athlete, very sorry to hear about this tragic accident. RIP and my condolences to the family.
Entertainment value = an all time low
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

According to news Dietrich had a heart disease which was undetected. Condolences to his friends and family.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Just heard Scott Rintoul speak about Bernd Dietrich on TEAM 1040. Wow. Tears in my eyes as I type, and until yesterday I had never even heard of the guy. A beautiful tribute. Well done, Scott.
Hawkballer 14
Champion

Belize City Lion wrote:Just heard Scott Rintoul speak about Bernd Dietrich on TEAM 1040. Wow. Tears in my eyes as I type, and until yesterday I had never even heard of the guy. A beautiful tribute. Well done, Scott.
A tragedy. RIP Bernie.

Anybody have a link to that audio clip? It would be much appreciated.