Tom Brady blows off Suzy Kolber on MNF

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

David
Team Captain

Did anyone catch this exchange after the Bills-Pats game tonight? It was priceless. To provide a little background, the network carrying the game always has priority for their sideline reporter to interview the star of the game and they almost always oblige. Not this time....

SK: Tom! (ignores her)

SK: Tom! (ignores her again)

SK: "Tom, what's it like to lead a DRAMATIC comeback?" (he starts to run away from her, heading for the locker room)

TB: "I'm going in."

SK: "Tom -- Tom --" (chasing after him)

TB: "I'm going in. I can't hear you."

SK: (repeats her question)

TB: I can't hear anything right now (music in the background)

He finally stops and gives her like, one sentence. I'm sure she was embarrassed and pissed. Their Media Relations people probably got an earful from ESPN. From where I sat, it sure looked like there may have been some history between the Pats and Kolber - players aren't usually that rude, especially after a big win.

Too funny! :rotf:

DH
Roar, You Lions, Roar
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

So I guess he didn't want to kiss her.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Spud387
Champion

I saw that and it wasn't that bad. The way TB was saying he couldn't hear her was because it was too loud. I didn't see anything as much of a snub, he was planning to talk and jog, but it was soo loud that they couldn't hear each other. Remember, when she spoke, mike was to her mouth, when TB spoke mike was at his mouth. We could hear everything clear between those 2 BUT with the noise in a stadium you can't even talk to each other.

Keep in mind I hate the Patriots and TB so I am usually the last to come to his defense.
David
Team Captain

Roar, You Lions, Roar
Tighthead
Legend

I thought Brady looked like a knob.

Stop and do the interview properly. Like it or not, you are the face of the NFL, and TV is important to the league.
nelson95
Legend

yeah weird that he had to run off the field so quick
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
Lionsfan1976
All Star

Haven't you ever been in BC Place when everyone is screaming? It's next to impossible to hear what the person next to you is saying. It's the same thing in QWEST Field in Seattle. I've never been to Gillette Stadium, but again, I'd imagine it's the same thing. He gave her the sound bite, and moved on. Not really a big deal.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Belichick has company now in the jerk store. BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
MacNews
Team Captain

Give Brady a break, he was rushing off to his 2nd job.
David
Team Captain

This article sort of explains what actually happened. Turns out he had already turned down a post game on-field interview, but the Pats PR person hadn't told Kolber - or that's the way ESPN is spinning it, who knows?

story here

[youtube][/youtube]

DH
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

I am a big admirer of Tom Brady but doesn't want to do interviews to stand out above his team. Well about his fans who pay good money for his jersey, tickets and who watch him on TV so they get big sponsors on board? I can see not doing an on field interview due to the place but no interview is dumb. To do what he did makes him stand above his team mates.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
smphantom
Legend

I wish all the networks would get rid of all their airhead bimbos on the sidelines.
Stay thirsty my friends.
MacNews
Team Captain

smphantom wrote:I wish all the networks would get rid of all their airhead bimbos on the sidelines.
:whs:
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

smphantom wrote:I wish all the networks would get rid of all their airhead bimbos on the sidelines.
I agree. Just stick to videotaping them through the hotel peephole while they're in the buff. :i: