Josh Boden in trouble again

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Rammer wrote:Had is the operative word. Think about it, he was extended an opportunity by Buono that in my terms went above the call for duty, had PJ mentoring him, and then he got involved with the bizarre incident with his g/f. Those charges were dropped and yet that wasn't enough to wake him up. Losing his CFL job with the Lions, then Tiger-cats, almost heading to court on severe charges, now finally this. Who knows what has happened in between.
The ex-girlfriend is dead, for one thing, and no one has been charged yet.
Rammer
Team Captain

Lionut wrote:Josh Boden was trouble with a capital "T" long before the Lions ever saw him. In hindsight, it was foolish to think that they could ever bring him around. He is clearly a sociopath, and an increasingly violent one at that. Sad story...
We have seen other young players turn their life around, I guess Boden just didn't get the wakeup call early enough, perhaps he was too special an athlete. If he wasn't he wouldn't have been under the wings of the Lions and may have had to deal with the potential outcome of his actions before he turned 18. However that said, this latest incident has to tell you that he has deeper problems than may have been controllable.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Rammer
Team Captain

B.C.FAN wrote:
Rammer wrote:Had is the operative word. Think about it, he was extended an opportunity by Buono that in my terms went above the call for duty, had PJ mentoring him, and then he got involved with the bizarre incident with his g/f. Those charges were dropped and yet that wasn't enough to wake him up. Losing his CFL job with the Lions, then Tiger-cats, almost heading to court on severe charges, now finally this. Who knows what has happened in between.
I wasn't really aware of that, but the incident that had him dropped from the Lions was more domestic, certainly not a death as IR. However that also has to be brought into consideration even moreso now.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Boden had many opportunities. He had many people helping him. He took it all for granted, and thought football would give him Carte Blanche for any of his transgressions.

He dd have learning disabilities. Help was given to him in that area as well. He did not take advantage of it.

Eventually it comes down to his own choices in life, his own character. His own mess.
mrs.joesports
Rookie

Rammer wrote:
B.C.FAN wrote:
I wasn't really aware of that, but the incident that had him dropped from the Lions was more domestic, certainly not a death as IR. However that also has to be brought into consideration even moreso now.

The Sun article lays out in great detail several of the incidents Boden has been involved with for the past year or two. The ones involving the girlfriend are the most troubling....the assault charge is what lead to his release from the Lions, but the unsolved murder of the girlfriend a few months later is very disturbing. Just a sad story all around.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/time+L ... story.html

Two relevant snippets from the Sun:
On Aug. 14, 2008, he was acquitted of assaulting his former girlfriend Kim Hallgarth after she wavered on the witness stand. The charge had cost him a spot on the Lions' roster.
In March of this year, Hallgarth — who Boden had dated for eight months last year — was found brutally murdered in her Burnaby home. The Integrated Homicide Investigation Team continues to probe the slaying and Cpl. Dale Carr said Tuesday investigators believe the murder was not a random act.
This is OUR league...
Robbie
Hall of Famer

hwgill wrote:Such a waste of talent, that kid could have been a star, PJ took him under his wing, and he still couldn't get his *poop* together. It's reall sad. :(
:whs:
Some people just can't keep out of trouble. :???:
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

I merged the 2 Josh Boden topics as I didn't feel it was necessary to have 2 running.
Real women wear orange!!
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

If the story is true and he was groping women in broad daylight, this is hardly this is behavior of a violent bad guy but someone looks more like a troubled young man lost and missing something important in his life and I don't mean just football. Groping women in daylight in front of the police or whatever is not a wise move of a truly dangerous guy.

I hope he gets some help fast as it is shame to see any life wasted and someone with some decent talent in a sports that might have been.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

I don't think he is going to get much help in the penal system. The resisting charge is likely to net him time especially given some of his past history and even if he does slip out from under this, it is only a matter of time before we hear from Mr. Boden again I fear.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Rammer
Team Captain

Just got a CKNW update that suggests that Boden was released and police believe that he is a risk to the public still.

From the Vancouver Sun 20 minutes ago...

Vancouver police issue public warning regarding former B.C. Lion player released from custody

http://a123.g.akamai.net/f/123/12465/1d ... boden2.jpg

Vancouver police released a public warning Thursday regarding former B.C. Lion player Joshua Joseph Boden, who has been released from custody.
Ravi
Legend

Tighthead wrote:Did anyone ever call Boden a younger version of Merv?
Fernandez was one of the most skilled players to ever play the game but he fought his own demons too, didn't he?
Ravi
Legend

Toppy Vann wrote:If the story is true and he was groping women in broad daylight, this is hardly this is behavior of a violent bad guy but someone looks more like a troubled young man lost and missing something important in his life and I don't mean just football. Groping women in daylight in front of the police or whatever is not a wise move of a truly dangerous guy.

I hope he gets some help fast as it is shame to see any life wasted and someone with some decent talent in a sports that might have been.
What if he had something to do with his ex-girlfriend's death though? Regardless of that, Boden clearly has some major issues that won't be resolved easily. As has been said here, it is too bad that the Lions get dragged through the mud here a bit as well even though they washed their hands of him a while back. Keith Franklin was another Lion - a fairly longtime one at that - that got into serious trouble with the law after his career ended and is always referred to as a "former Lion".
nelson95
Legend

The cops sure are pissed at Boden.
Many idiots like this make bail and we don't hear a thing

soooooo

is it cause he is suspected in a murder?

or

cause he beat up a cop?
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
Rammer
Team Captain

nelson95 wrote:The cops sure are pissed at Boden.
Many idiots like this make bail and we don't hear a thing

soooooo

is it cause he is suspected in a murder?

or

cause he beat up a cop?
Because he is a pervert that prays upon women, with the suspicion of his ex-girlfriends death as part of his history. Here is his picture from the Sun....he doesn't look anything like the JB that IR.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/foot ... index.html