Wanna watch and outside canada? Give this a whirl.

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

Was just shown a program and that you can use to avoid the errors on tsn.ca and other sites when international ppl wanna watch lions games. Its a program called hotspot sheild (just google it). It keeps u annoymous while online so that you dont get those errors! Hope it helps.

WBTY
Check out my lions art http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtop ... =4&t=15940

How does a rider fan spell dynasty????

O N E
Spud387
Champion

Wakesbetterthanyou wrote:Was just shown a program and that you can use to avoid the errors on tsn.ca and other sites when international ppl wanna watch lions games. Its a program called hotspot sheild (just google it). It keeps u annoymous while online so that you dont get those errors! Hope it helps.

WBTY
FYI!!!!!!

please inform ppl of all of HotSpot Shield's downsides.
It can be buggy in Vista and could cause a BSOD. It is caused by a rougue .dll file.
It also adds advertisements to the top of your web browser.
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

Spud387 wrote:
Wakesbetterthanyou wrote:Was just shown a program and that you can use to avoid the errors on tsn.ca and other sites when international ppl wanna watch lions games. Its a program called hotspot sheild (just google it). It keeps u annoymous while online so that you dont get those errors! Hope it helps.

WBTY
FYI!!!!!!

It can be buggy in Vista and could cause a BSOD. It is caused by a rougue .dll file.
u just turn it off once your feed starts and u dont get the ads. if ur watchin a game i doubt ur gonna be browsing th web too. none of the ppl that showed me it ever had any probs with it. but use at ur own risk obvi.

O N E
Bobbyp
Champion

I downloaded it it appears to work but I think my computer is sick ( sick not being good ,not the sick of today meaning good)
Some mispelling may or may not occur as well as using a word incorrectly in my posts
READER CAUTION IS STRICTLY ADVISED
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Spud387 wrote: FYI!!!!!!

Good advice. I have had Hotspot Shield for a couple of years and it ran issue-free on my XP platform PC (although it makes it run at dial-up speed). I recently bought a new PC which uses the Vista platform. I naively reinstalled HSS. Suddenly I experienced a constant cycle of BSODs. Mind you, I had reinstalled a bunch of stuff including bittorrent clients and a driver for a more powerful hand-me-down wireless router from my office, etc. so I couldn't pinpoint anything in particular. I took the PC back to the builder who basically just did a restore which wiped off the HSS. I have not reinstalled it and the BSODs have slowed down - but not stopped completely. I think Vista has a lot of compatibility issues.

I have just installed something called UltraSurf which is supposed to be an IP mask/anti-region blocking program like HSS, so we'll see how that works.
Lui05
Rookie

I live in Seattle and I've been watching games from this site.

http://channelsurfing.net/

There's nothing to download and I've never had any problems. Also lets me watch World Junior Hockey games which is a great bonus. I haven't tried the other thing so I'm not suggesting this over the other, but if people have issues with the other, they may want to try this.
I went to a restaurant that serves "breakfast at any time". So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance.

Steven Wright
Spud387
Champion

Lions4ever wrote:
Spud387 wrote: FYI!!!!!!

Good advice. I have had Hotspot Shield for a couple of years and it ran issue-free on my XP platform PC (although it makes it run at dial-up speed). I recently bought a new PC which uses the Vista platform. I naively reinstalled HSS. Suddenly I experienced a constant cycle of BSODs. Mind you, I had reinstalled a bunch of stuff including bittorrent clients and a driver for a more powerful hand-me-down wireless router from my office, etc. so I couldn't pinpoint anything in particular. I took the PC back to the builder who basically just did a restore which wiped off the HSS. I have not reinstalled it and the BSODs have slowed down - but not stopped completely. I think Vista has a lot of compatibility issues.

I have just installed something called UltraSurf which is supposed to be an IP mask/anti-region blocking program like HSS, so we'll see how that works.
No this problem is HSS not Vista. I think HSS might have it fixed now, but one of the versions they released a couple months ago broke it on Vista. the HSS.dll would cause BSODs and I had to restore my PC to before I had updated it.... (1 day earlier :p) I was running a previous version just fine, no BSOD.
Bleddyn
Starter

Lui05 wrote:I live in Seattle and I've been watching games from this site.

There's nothing to download and I've never had any problems. Also lets me watch World Junior Hockey games which is a great bonus. I haven't tried the other thing so I'm not suggesting this over the other, but if people have issues with the other, they may want to try this.
I will always try the option that takes no downloads first. Do you know if they have regular season CFL coverage on there? I can usually get playoff games on TV in San Diego but for regular season I usually just listen to the 1040 stream.

Thanks for the link and also thanks to WBTU for option #1
Lui05
Rookie

Bleddyn wrote:
Lui05 wrote:I live in Seattle and I've been watching games from this site.

I will always try the option that takes no downloads first. Do you know if they have regular season CFL coverage on there? I can usually get playoff games on TV in San Diego but for regular season I usually just listen to the 1040 stream.

Thanks for the link and also thanks to WBTU for option #1
Yes, they have regular season games. I don't know this for sure, but I'm guessing it's some site that is running the same type of software to which WBTU refers. The reason I say this is that it doesn't show every game. It only shows the games that TSN streams over the internet (which is at least 1, sometimes 2 per week) on Friday. Because I don't have the software installed, TSN.ca prevents me from watching directly from their site due to my "south of the 49th" location. This site, bypasses that restriction.
I went to a restaurant that serves "breakfast at any time". So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance.

Steven Wright
Lui05
Rookie

Oh!!! Forgot to mention in the last post, because this site "hides your location" (read: performs whatever magic it does by whatever means it uses to allow me to watch TSN streams from Seattle), it also will work for you BC locals to close to Vancouver when BC is playing a Friday night home game and the CFL has blacked it out in your area. :beer:

Steven Wright
Dan
Rookie

Another one to try with no downloads is www.atdhe.net
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

np guys.....there was no 100% working way to watch last year it seemed for tha american viewers so i figured that i would throw this up there, its what i use for canucks ppv. As for vista, sorry, didnt know. Vista is absolute crap tho. Sorry to those that use it, and i know xp isnt available anymore, but vista is junk. Anyways, hope it helps.

O N E
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Hot Spot Shield will give you an US IP address... so I don't think that will help you watch TSN outside Canada. But it is good for hulu.com or other sites that are US only. One downside to HSS is they have a pretty low bandwidth limit and once you go over your allowed bandwidth you get shut down for 30 days.