Sports personalities and their resume'

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

zark
Champion

Squire Barnes. Did he ever play football ? Did he ever play anything? My wife thinks he may have played golf. 2nd string.
Jay janower. His parents paid Global alot of money to get him his job. Golf? Before CFL play-offs? _ _ _ Golf?....

It's Christmas, I'm sure they love their jobs. I just don't think they're very good at it.
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Jay Janower is a joke. Ever see him on the weekends with Robin Stickley ?They're purrfect for each other. One thinks he knows it all and the other doesn't know a thing about sports.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Barnes used to bug me. Here's a guy named 'Squire Barnes' always making fun of players names. But, he's come to be okay in my books. I've seen him a few times at WhiteSpot in Burnaby.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

I think Squire is quite OK. He's a bit of a pencil-necked geek as an athlete and the very first to admit it and always willing to poke fun at himself in that regard. Hey Janower is a good ol' PG boy. Don't knock him. From what I've seen of clips he can play a decent game of hockey at the rec level. At about 6'3" you sure wouldn't want to get hit by him. Few if any of the folks you see working the sports desks on Global or TSN or Sportsnet have much of a history of playing the game beyond perhaps a CIS or tier II junior hockey level. I know B-Mac was a decent amateur baseball player and Rintoul played some CIS ball. Mullin had a cup of coffee as a Snow Bowl QB. Those who can't play teach and those who can do neither go into media.....don't they Jim? ;-)

Most of them are there because they love sports just like all of us do. They just had the gumption to go out and forge a career in it.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.