Lions fans at Commonwelth October 17th.

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Roaring Fan Since 82!!
Rookie

Hey there....huge Lions fan and longtime lurker of this site. I enjoy the reads but don't post very often.

I live in Northern Alberta, (grew up in BC) and haven't been able to get to a Lions game in Edmonton let alone Vancouver in my five years out here, and haven't been to a Lions game period since about 2000 but that's changing Friday night! The Fiance and I are heading in for the game with some friends, and I spurged for great tickets...8 rows from the field about the 35 yard line behind the Eskimo bench. (Didn't purposely plan to be on the Eskimo side, just took what Ticketmaster gave me) My fiance even made some great pro-Lions signs with the TSN logo on them in the hopes of getting on TV. I just hope there's some respectable Eskimo fans who will just allow us to support the Leos and enjoy what should be a great game!

I'll have to figure out how to post some pics on here.

Is there any other Lion fans who will be there Friday night?

Roaring Fan.
Da Lions rule!
lion24
Legend

Roaring Fan Since 82!! wrote:Hey there....huge Lions fan and longtime lurker of this site. I enjoy the reads but don't post very often.

I live in Northern Alberta, (grew up in BC) and haven't been able to get to a Lions game in Edmonton let alone Vancouver in my five years out here, and haven't been to a Lions game period since about 2000 but that's changing Friday night! The Fiance and I are heading in for the game with some friends, and I spurged for great tickets...8 rows from the field about the 35 yard line behind the Eskimo bench. (Didn't purposely plan to be on the Eskimo side, just took what Ticketmaster gave me) My fiance even made some great pro-Lions signs with the TSN logo on them in the hopes of getting on TV. I just hope there's some respectable Eskimo fans who will just allow us to support the Leos and enjoy what should be a great game!

I'll have to figure out how to post some pics on here.

Is there any other Lion fans who will be there Friday night?

Roaring Fan.
I used to go all the time but it is not good for my health.........I tend to get a little mouthy and worked up at times :lol:

Now I just sit at home watch the HD and yell profanities :thup:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
hutch
Champion

Where in Northern Alberta? We are driving down from Fort Mac to watch the game. Sitting in section T row 58...I hope those are good seats.

I don't usually wear my BC stuff to CW anymore. I want to watch the game, not argue and get into fights. CW is bad for that.
lion24
Legend

hutch wrote:Where in Northern Alberta? We are driving down from Fort Mac to watch the game. Sitting in section T row 58...I hope those are good seats.

I don't usually wear my BC stuff to CW anymore. I want to watch the game, not argue and get into fights. CW is bad for that.
:sigh: ...yep
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Agreed. Don't wear colours, and welcome.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

hutch wrote:I don't usually wear my BC stuff to CW anymore. I want to watch the game, not argue and get into fights. CW is bad for that.
Real women wear orange!!
lion24
Legend

I have to admit I have worn my jersey to many games at Commonwealth and been ok but the smallest comment bugs me so I choose not to go to games here just to avoid the aggravation. I find I can express myself at home watching games that will not offend young children and the elderly. :thup:
Roaring Fan Since 82!!
Rookie

I'm from Hinton. I'll be in section I.

Well, I don't have a jersey, but was going to wear a Lions T-shirt over the many layers of clothing. Hmm...too bad to hear Commonwelth is bad for opposing fans. Heck, i'm only 5-6 and hate fighting. I just want to enjoy the game.

Just wanted to hold up our signs when the Leos score a touchdown or something to support the team, (and pretty much just to try and get on TV) but i'll have to rethink that I suppose.

I'll have to try and post pics of our signs...my fiance did an awesome job, and isn't really a football fan, but searched for the proper logos to draw on the signs.
Da Lions rule!
lion24
Legend

Roaring Fan Since 82!! wrote:I'm from Hinton. I'll be in section I.

Well, I don't have a jersey, but was going to wear a Lions T-shirt over the many layers of clothing. Hmm...too bad to hear Commonwelth is bad for opposing fans. Heck, i'm only 5-6 and hate fighting. I just want to enjoy the game.

Just wanted to hold up our signs when the Leos score a touchdown or something to support the team, (and pretty much just to try and get on TV) but i'll have to rethink that I suppose.

I'll have to try and post pics of our signs...my fiance did an awesome job, and isn't really a football fan, but searched for the proper logos to draw on the signs.
I think you will be fine, I just choose not to go because the smallest comment sets me off. You sound a little more easy going than me at games :lol:
David
Team Captain

hutch wrote:I don't usually wear my BC stuff to CW anymore. I want to watch the game, not argue and get into fights. CW is bad for that.
Really? That's too bad. I was there 2 years ago and had a blast (even though we lost the game). No comments, fights or anything (I guess it doesn't hurt when you're 6'3" / 210).

I was in Montreal in August and nothing could be further from your experiences (and this was my 3rd game there). The fans around us were impressed that we'd made the trip from Vancouver, were super-friendly, and didn't even rub it in when we couldn't even cross the 1-yard line. When we were walking to the game (I kid you not), a guy stops his car in downtown Montreal, rolls down his window, and yells " 'ave a great time at da game, guys!" Montreal's such an awesome town!

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
lion24
Legend

David wrote: Really? That's too bad. I was there 2 years ago and had a blast (even though we lost the game). No comments, fights or anything (I guess it doesn't hurt when you're 6'3" / 210).

The next time you are out I will go and then you can be my security :lol:
bigolebubbs
prospect

I am a born and raised North Vancouverite living in Edmonton. I have given my hard-earned cash to the enemy (I own Eskies seasons tiks because I love the CFL). My sports allegiances will never ever change. I have circled this date on my calendar since the summer game where the boys blew that big lead here. I will be proudly showing my orange colours baby!

Oh by the way, Edmonton fans are cool if you're respectful and somewhat humble. If not, they can get pretty rank. Cheer to your hearts delight just don't turn around and start pumping your fist at people behind you after every favourable play and you'll be fine.

Any other Lionbackers planning on attending? Perhaps a halftime 'board meeting' at the bar on the east side might be an order?! Anyways let's go Lions, payback time man!

Oh yeah and PS, don't ever let people forget (when they talk sh*&) that Murphy is the 2-time lineman of the year .
bigolebubbs
prospect

How's 6'5 260?
lion24
Legend

bigolebubbs wrote:How's 6'5 260?

Hmmm you on one side and David on the other :thup: ...........I can go nuts :wink:
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

lion24 wrote:I have to admit I have worn my jersey to many games at Commonwealth and been ok but the smallest comment bugs me so I choose not to go to games here just to avoid the aggravation. I find I can express myself at home watching games that will not offend young children and the elderly. :thup:
lol, and besides, who needs them when you have me to fight with???
Check out my lions art http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtop ... =4&t=15940

How does a rider fan spell dynasty????

O N E