Orange Destruction-Our Defensive Line

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Blitz
Team Captain

Brian Chui called them the best defensive line he has ever seen. Chui has played for a lot of seasons in the CFL and seen a lot of different defensive lines. It's quite a compliment and well deserved! Our defensive line leads the league in sacks. We have the two best defensive ends in the CFL in Cameron Wake and Brent Johnson. Both are major award winners for their play at defensive end. Ty Williams is the league's best run stopper and an all-Canadian defensive tackle. Hunt adds a dimension at defensive tackle that compliments his three teammates in that he can 'hunt' a quarterback down, stuff a run, or even drop into a zone blitz. Ricky Foley has speed to burn, can play defensive end and linebacker, and is outstanding at getting to the quarterback.

We had the infamous Head Hunters in B.C. in the 1960's....a famous CFL nickname for a defensive line. In the NFL they had the Fearsome Foursome and the Purple People Eaters in the NFL. Let's give our defensive line a well-deserved nickname.

I still wear my Wrecking Crew t-shirt with pride. It's signed by all our Leos offensive lineman. We need a nickname for our defensive line and perhaps some t-shirts can get made up for them as well.

I'm going to choose 'Orange Destruction' for our defensive line. The meaning of 'destruction' is:
(n) destroying agency; a cause of ruin or of devastation; a destroyer.
(n.) The state of being destroyed, demolished, ruined, slain, or devastated.
(n.) The act of destroying; a tearing down; a bringing to naught; subversion; demolition; ruin; slaying; devastation.

Other defintitions includez:

The act of destroying,, devastation, havoc, ruin, ruination, undoing, wrack1, wreck, wreckage.
An act, instance, or consequence of breaking: breakage, damage, impairment, wreckage.
Something that causes total loss or severe impairment, as of health, fortune, honor, or hopes: destroyer, downfall, ruin, ruination, undoing, wrecker.

If you have suggestions please add them here.

Once the nicknames are in we'll start a poll on Lionbackers and choose our favorite!! I'll then forward it to our Leos and the press!

Don't be a "Chap"...be creative!!! :wink: :wink:
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
pennw
Legend

Probably been used before and not original , but here goes anyway: "The Orange Crush"
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

pennw wrote:Probably been used before and not original , but here goes anyway: "The Orange Crush"
Yeah... Denver Broncos.

Agent Orange?
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
pennw
Legend

sj-roc wrote:
pennw wrote:Probably been used before and not original , but here goes anyway: "The Orange Crush"
Yeah... Denver Broncos.

Agent Orange?
Ok , well then , I guess I'll scratch that one.
uncle leo
Starter

the 'Four Horse-Men'?
pennw
Legend

Iron Curtain?
longtimefan
Starter

How about Headhunters Too or the New ( or Next) Headhunters...a takeoff and a plaudit for being as intimidating as the original Headhunters in the early 60's consisting of Mike Cacic,Dick Fouts,Mike Martin and Gus Kasapsis. I give away my age as I remember them from my early teens.
Blitz
Team Captain

longtimefan wrote:How about Headhunters Too or the New ( or Next) Headhunters...a takeoff and a plaudit for being as intimidating as the original Headhunters in the early 60's consisting of Mike Cacic,Dick Fouts,Mike Martin and Gus Kasapsis. I give away my age as I remember them from my early teens.
I recall when the Head Hunters decided to go inner tubing down the Puntledge River in Courtenay after a practice one day. No one told them about the rapids and a couple of small waterfalls..and the river was high that season. They had more than a few scrapes and bruises but no one missed practice. Tough guys! Nothing wrong with remembering the 60's...most people don't! even if they were there. lol:
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I like the Headhunters.
Blitz
Team Captain

I'm changing my mind about my own suggestion for our defensive line. I'm starting to like a new name "Mayhem Incorporated".
bclions16
Champion

Four big sissies?
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Soundy
Hall of Famer

bclions16 wrote:Four big sissies?
Yeah, just don't tell THEM that.

"Hey, opposition O-line... you know these guys are called the Four Big Sissies?"

"Hey, I hear you guys are Four Big Sissies..."
*SMASH!!*
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
bclions16
Champion

I would hope they could hear the irony/sarcasm...
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Zarquon
Champion

uncle leo wrote:the 'Four Horse-Men'?
Orange Apocalypse

or

Apocalypse Now

I like the Orange theme but Apocalypse Now is kind of catchy.
Meus occupatio est ut calcitro vestri clunis.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Four Sassy Pigs :lol: :lol: OK I'm only kidding