Official NBA Thread

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

GeroySimonFAN
All Star

since we have an NHL and NFL thread...i thought i'd create this one for any basketball fans who want to talk about the NBA. Thanks.
GeroySimonFAN
All Star

The Suns lost last night to Houston, the Suns have now lost two straight games...and Orlando the best team in the East visits Phoenix on Friday to play the Suns. Orlando was in Seattle last night and let me tell you Dwight Howard is probably the best center in the game right now, he's unstoppable!...however Yao had a huge night in Phoenix last night.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

So, how about them Gimpies... er, Grizzlies?
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

How about Jamario Moon? I love watching him play, especially after he pulls a Doctor J last Sunday against the Bulls. He's the real deal for sure.
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
GeroySimonFAN
All Star

i know its early in the season right now but who is your guy's pick for rookie of the year?...
GeroySimonFAN
All Star

despite phoenix losing its last two games nash is the league leader in assists per game at 10.7/per game and he also leads the league in free throws with an amazing 40 makes/in 40 attempts - 100%!!! he makes Canadian Hoops fans proud!
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

GeroySimonFAN wrote:i know its early in the season right now but who is your guy's pick for rookie of the year?...
Kevin Durant....all the way.
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
GeroySimonFAN
All Star

just a heads up to any SUNS fans, the SUNS are playing Orlando right now on Sportsnet Pacific..started at 6pm...
GeroySimonFAN
All Star

Nash just missed his first free throw of the year ending his streak of 74 straight(includes last year)...now it is 107-104 for Phoenix and Orlando has the ball with 15.5 on the clock...
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Love the Suns. They play beautiful basketball. I think this acquisition of Grant Hill could be genius.

Trivia ... What was the first pro sports North American team to hire a black head coach.

Hint ... also the first team to start 5 black athletes (of course it is a basketball team)

Answer ...
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Boston Celtics

and the coach was Bill Russell

Ironically, for a time the Celtics were considered a "white" team ... Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, etc.

One could not call them a "white" team anymore.

And now with Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, and Ray Allen, they are a team that can make a run for the championship.

This is great, good fortune for a legendary franchise that seemed to have bad luck for a few years, starting with the cocaine-related death of the fabulous college player, Len Bias, before he got a chance to be a superstar for the Celtics.

Welcome back, Celtics. :rockin:
Last edited by WestCoastJoe on Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GeroySimonFAN
All Star

SUNS WIN!!!...Orlando has a great record but has beat mostly sub .500 teams... still has trouble beating the upper echelon teams of the NBA.
GeroySimonFAN
All Star

WestCoastJoe wrote:Boston Celtics

and the coach was Bill Russell

Ironically, for a time the Celtics were considered a "white" team ... Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, etc.

One could not call them a "white" team anymore.

And now with Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, and Ray Allen, they are a team that can make a run for the championship.

This is great, good fortune a legendary franchise that seemed to have bad luck for a few years, starting with the cocaine-related death of the fabulous college player, Len Bias, before he got a chance to be a superstar for the Celtics.

Welcome back, Celtics. :rockin:
the Celtics need to stay healthy...if the big three(Garnett/Allen/Pierce) stay healthy all year they can go deep in the playoffs. Definately my pick to come out of the east.
GeroySimonFAN
All Star

The Golden State Warriors/Seattle Sonics game was delayed for 15 minutes during the game last night because a spotlight on the big scoreboard had caught fire. Firefighters put it out. I've never heard of this happening ever during a live sporting event.
GeroySimonFAN
All Star

I'm sick of the media lately saying negative stuff about Nash not playing for Team Canada anymore. They should just leave him alone. Nash is focused on one thing and that is an NBA Ring.