How might this effect team chemistry

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Joshua

http://www.team1040.ca/podcast/bmac_rin ... ov_16~.mp3

the BC o-line have described the hit by Jiminez as "dispicable"

this is no troll thread (before I get attacked) but it must be somewhat of a distraction this week if this is what is being said

at least they all have facial hair though
BC_Brad
prospect

Joshua wrote:http://www.team1040.ca/podcast/bmac_rin ... ov_16~.mp3

this is no troll thread (before I get attacked) but it must be somewhat of a distraction this week if this is what is being said

Just because you say it isn't a troll thread doesn't make it so!
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Yes we know. This is old news.
Joshua

BC_Brad wrote:

good football discussion - well done.

as long as your guys can leave these feelings, more Jiminez and his thoughts about his team-mates saying this about him, for three hours all will be well. Just not the best scenerio eading into the biggest game of the year
Vern Halen
Champion

But Joshua's just asking Lion fans if it might be a distraction, no?

No less than the green guys having Tillman at home - he's been a HUGE sideline cheerleader all year and to have him not there is a loss for the Riders, regardless of who's playing...

We're all just wondering if this might create locker room tension is all. Don't tell me Jimenez hasn't heard about it...
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Having to talk about it ad nauseum is probably bringing them together. Kinda like the 'canned noise' issue for fans/Lions. To put in perspective how do think the Perry hit doing for team chemistry??? If anything, helping it perhaps?
BC_Brad
prospect

Joshua wrote:
BC_Brad wrote:

as long as your guys can leave these feelings, more Jiminez and his thoughts about his team-mates saying this about him, for three hours all will be well. Just not the best scenerio eading into the biggest game of the year
Don't you have a forum of your own? A BC Loving Lionbacker Dopelganger called RF.com! And by the way, the BC O-line didn't describe it as despicable in 1st person; it was "reported" that the bc-oline described it as dispicable-HUGE DIFFERENCE! This is making a mountain out of a mole hill, go back to worrying about your teams injuries!
Vern Halen
Champion

notahomer wrote:Having to talk about it ad nauseum is probably bringing them together. Kinda like the 'canned noise' issue for fans/Lions. To put in perspective how do think the Perry hit doing for team chemistry??? If anything, helping it perhaps?
Fair enough, but why would your hometown sports media be stirring the pot to the possible detriment of some fans or players' psyche? I would have thought that the Team 1040 would have orange-tinted glasses, just like the Sask media has the green tints on. And I wouldn't have thought that something that came out yesterday (IIRC) would be "old news".

No doubt about the Perry hit as a rallying point for the Lions...I'll give you that.

Just like Simon (?) torching our secondary in the final seconds of that game in September will be a rallying point for us. Can't remember exactly who it was (too many Lions receivers have burnt us I can't keep track of who burned us when) :sigh:
Last edited by Vern Halen on Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joshua

BC_Brad wrote:
Joshua wrote:
BC_Brad wrote:

Don't you have a forum of your own? A BC Loving Lionbacker Dopelganger called RF.com! And by the way, the BC O-line didn't describe it as despicable in 1st person; it was "reported" that the bc-oline described it as dispicable-HUGE DIFFERENCE! This is making a mountain out of a mole hill, go back to worrying about your teams injuries!
joined Oct 2007

I've been talking football here for years with some great fans. Just because we don't cheer for the same team doesn't mean we can't football. I know you're new here but this is a good place for debate
Joshua

notahomer wrote:Having to talk about it ad nauseum is probably bringing them together. Kinda like the 'canned noise' issue for fans/Lions. To put in perspective how do think the Perry hit doing for team chemistry??? If anything, helping it perhaps?
I think the Perry hit could have spoiled chemistry, but none of his team-mates questioned him.

That hit did make this rivalry even bigger though - Kent was talking about how BC and Sask never had anything like this when he was with the two clubs. Since 2003 this rivalry has been great.
joesports
All Star

Joshua wrote:
I think the Perry hit could have spoiled chemistry, but none of his team-mates questioned him.

That hit did make this rivalry even bigger though - Kent was talking about how BC and Sask never had anything like this when he was with the two clubs. Since 2003 this rivalry has been great.
Yes this has become a great rivalry. The Riders have become a good team and I'm sure we will see more from them next year. ET I'm sure will add more depth next year and Austin will have a better offence next year.

I think the chemistry here is the best its been in years and no matter what the media says I don't believe it will disrupt the team at all. I think that the media here is less biased and thats not what the Rider nation is used to so it seems like a big deal to you, not us.

All I really ask for is a good game where the winners go on to the Cup and the Riders go home and complain about the Lions like they've been doing for far too long :wink:
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

This is the nature of group dynamics. Did someone at work ever do something you didn't like? Did you stop working with them because of it? Did you get past it? No difference here. If there were any negative thoughts about this from teammates and I do mean IF, then they will take the stance that just about everybody in this forum has taken, that being; It is an issue between Jason and the League and it will get sorted out when it gets sorted out. Until then, they will focus on the goal of winning the game and will probably be happy that they have all their most experienced guys playing.

As far as media is concerned. Their job is to report stories. Where the story maybe thin, they are well versed in the art of playing it up to be something bigger and more interesting. Besides them and Rider fans, who has been bringing this up? The media doesn't have any particular allegiance to the Lions out here. For most, their bread and butter is Canucks, Canucks, Canucks. When they do take an interest, many are playing catch up trying to talk about stuff that they don't follow closely and often don't know much about. Not all are that way, but enough to make you wonder if they are aware that there really is a football team here.
Last edited by Sir Purrcival on Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
uncle leo
Starter

I think it could be a very big distraction. Probably the biggest kind of distraction for a football team to be facing in a play-off game. But, Jimenez, with the CFLPA decided to appeal the suspension. I think that if Wally sensed any kind of team harmony in trouble he would have urged Jason NOT to appeal and to sit out the game, therefore not disrupting the team.
stansz
Champion

mmmm on one hand the REPORTS regarding the comments could be a pretty big distraction....

however i really cant see any of the players just sayin taht to the media..i mean they are all on the same team on the same oline and reports suggest that they are pretty close (again reports :lol:

i guess we will have to wait and see though i reallly dont think this is going to matter
pumped!!!
westvan4

Little if any effect, i'd say. The team is run like a machine. The guys are pros. There's big fish to fry and the pan will be hot. Besides, Carl Kidd will be in the house!!