Locker Room Sale?

Got em, Need em, Find em, Get em!

Moderator: Team Captains

No Ordinary Joe
Legend

I've never been to one of these before and not sure what to expect really, was hoping you guys could tell me about them. What exactly happens? Is everything available? When I say everything I mean helmets as well as jerseys. What are the prices like? What do you recommend for good souvenirs that don't break the bank, etc. Do they price jerseys depending on the player or is it just one flat price across the board?
Yank In BC
Hall of Famer

The last one I went to was 2 years ago and the helmets were $225. The jerseys were the same, except they had 4 players up for auction, I know I got Clermonts Black for 400 and Dickensons white for 450. David got geroys jersey and I thnk about the same and .G. got the BJohnson I think for 300? The other players IIRC were going for 200-250.

They also had a bunch of GC stuff, but also some Lions sideline wear, the prices on that arent that great, not much better then what Rick can do. But they also will have practice footballs, pennants etc.

Try this thread:

2005 Locker Room Sale Thread
I have my head up my butt - 120db
.G.
All Star

i got johnson for 375 - i have since sold it (bad idea), but was in dire need of money. i plan on making a trip down to the sale this year in what i am calling "operation buy buck pierce's jersey" :lol:
MABEY!
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Looks like I'm saving my money for the '08 locker room sale then. :lol:
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

I was at the 06 Sale. I showed up at like 7am for a 9am opening. I was like 10th in line. I had a set shopping list:
Lyle Green's jersey ($260)
GC champs hat ($30)
Lions shirt for my Mom ($20)
Total damage: $310

I accomplished all 3 and was out of there in less than 1/2hr.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

.G. wrote:i got johnson for 375 - i have since sold it (bad idea), but was in dire need of money. i plan on making a trip down to the sale this year in what i am calling "operation buy buck pierce's jersey" :lol:
That's gonna be a battle to the death with Charlene for that one... :wink:
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
.G.
All Star

she probably has the advantage of season ticket early entry :(

mabey i'll just drop by practice next week and ask him for one, seeing as we're such good friends now :lol:
MABEY!
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

Last year was the best hour of my life (at thelocker room sale)

Picked up a GC Champs hat (signed by Rasouli, i think Singh and Thelwelll), old jersey (circa the 2004 grey cup), couple of shirts, among other thigns spent probably 80 bucks at the end of it. well worth the time.

Unfortunately I wanted to pick up the 15 dollar Printers jerseys but someone in front of me took it right before I was about to take it.
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

OK, stupid question time, do you actually go into the locker room for this? Are any players also there?
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

This past year was in the banquet rooms on field level.
nelson95
Legend

By the time I got there in 2006 there were only nameless jersies left and 2 belonging to some guy named Jackson.
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

nelson95 wrote:By the time I got there in 2006 there were only nameless jersies left and 2 belonging to some guy named Jackson.
#7 or #19?
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
LFITQ
Team Captain

sj-roc wrote:
nelson95 wrote:By the time I got there in 2006 there were only nameless jersies left and 2 belonging to some guy named Jackson.
#7 or #19?
Maybe they were old ones of #7 or #37... 8)
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
sfaytok78
prospect

If anyone is willing to get Barron Miles' jersey for me, I'd love to work something out! Please email me at sfaytok78@aol.com and let me know if you could possibly help out! Being from NJ, I'm not going to be able to make it. :)

Thanks!
Scott
East Van
prospect

When do they usually have the locker room sale ???