What Happens If Jimenez Is Suspended?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Well, nobody has seen the play in question, TSN never showed a replay, Rick and Guilio didn't see it, Moj and Burns didn't see it, the Lions video guy didn't see it, Calgary didn't bring their video guy, however, from talking to some of the Lions themselves, Burns said what Jason Jimenez did was pretty bad. You know it's bad if his own teammates didn't like it. Since he was ejected from the game, I assume that the league will automatically review the incident. It doesn't sound good right now and if Jimenez is in fact gone, then it means we'll be without one of the biggest keys to our offensive line in the biggest game of the year. So, what would be the best course of action to take for Wally? Should Sherko slide over to play the RT spot and Dean Valli steps in for Sherko? This to me would be the best thing we could do. I wasn't very impressed with Farrow tonight and I wouldn't want to see him get tossed in there in that type of game. Dean Valli has been solid in the time he's played, but will Sherko be able to fill the shoes of somebody as talented as Jason Jimenez? Hopefully we won't have to worry about this, but it sounds like there's a very good chance he could be tossed for the Western Final. :no:
Big Time
Champion

If no one saw it, how is it that people are saying that it's so bad? I was at the game tonight and didn't even hear that Jimenez got ejected. Did the radio give any clue about what happened? Sounds to me like if there is no video, there's nothing really to review.

Btw, offensive line stunk tonight. They were really missing Murphy out there. The secondary was getting torched all night as well. Not exactly the Lions A team out there but there were some troubling defensive breakdowns tonight.
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

I'm guessing he'll be out for the WDF and possibly the Grey Cup...just from the sounds of things. Then again I've seen nothing on it except the guy lying on the field.

Personally, I want to get rid of Jiminez. He's agood player and all but I'm sick of him taking BS calls. Tonight is a huge example, and the Holding, Procedure calls pileup and if he's gone - I won't be throwing any goodbye party.
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Big Time wrote:If no one saw it, how is it that people are saying that it's so bad? I was at the game tonight and didn't even hear that Jimenez got ejected. Did the radio give any clue about what happened? Sounds to me like if there is no video, there's nothing really to review.
Well, the ref who tossed the flag obviously saw it, he'll more than likely be asked about what he saw. Apparently it was a chop block.
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

No Ordinary Joe wrote:
Big Time wrote:If no one saw it, how is it that people are saying that it's so bad? I was at the game tonight and didn't even hear that Jimenez got ejected. Did the radio give any clue about what happened? Sounds to me like if there is no video, there's nothing really to review.
Well, the ref who tossed the flag obviously saw it, he'll more than likely be asked about what he saw. Apparently it was a chop block.
And although it kills me to say this about CFL refs, but the league will take their word for whatever happened.
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
Big Time
Champion

If it was a chop block, then it won't be a suspension. Besides, Jimenez could just pull an AJ Gass and appeal this until next year.
Stui

Yeah No Ordinary Joe, I think JJ wil be gone with a 1 game suspension.

According to Tom Higgins, they are now without their defensive lineman. And while he wasn't specific as to whether he was just relating to this game, or to a longer term, I would think that it's pretty certain that JJ has earned himself at least a 1 game suspension.

Even Rob Murphy said that if it was after the whistle, it was bad. He mentioned about the whistle, as he only saw the very end of the play, and so didn't know if it was before or after the whistle.

I agree with the line-shift as you have noted. I wasn't impressed with Farrow. Unfortnately it's only his second game in the past 2 years, so I think it would be too big of a risk, considering the gravity of the game. Valli in at RG, and Sherko out to RT, while not the greatest of things, is a much more comfortable plan.
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

The guys on the post-game show figure that the best course of action is to put Farrow in there because they figure that the least amount of moves you need to make the better. If they move Sherko to RT and then put Valli in Sherko's spot then they've made two changes to the line. I guess I can see their point, I would just be really apprehensive about having Farrow start the WF. If they decide to go that route though, then I'd like to see a lot of two back sets with Lyle Green and they can have Lyle stay back in pass protection on the right side so Farrow has a bit of a security blanket playing behind him.
Stui

No Ordinary Joe wrote:The guys on the post-game show figure that the best course of action is to put Farrow in there because they figure that the least amount of moves you need to make the better. If they move Sherko to RT and then put Valli in Sherko's spot then they've made two changes to the line. I guess I can see their point, I would just be really apprehensive about having Farrow start the WF. If they decide to go that route though, then I'd like to see a lot of two back sets with Lyle Green and they can have Lyle stay back in pass protection on the right side so Farrow has a bit of a security blanket playing behind him.
Yah, agreed. While the Valli/Sherko option requires two moves, for me Farrow's severe lack of experience is a higher risk. And yeah, if he's in, then give him some help out of the back field.
Rammer
Team Captain

Sherko isn't the worry out on OT, nor is Valli a real worry in at RG, but it is the combination of the two that will be the deciding factor.

Oh for the record I think that given the injury inflicted and that the ref tossed Jimenez, we can consider that this his missing the next game is a done deal.
Entertainment value = an all time low
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I was at the game at that end of the field and I didn't see anything. Being ejected from the game is an extreme penalty. I can't imagine anything further coming from it.
Stui

B.C.FAN wrote:I was at the game at that end of the field and I didn't see anything. Being ejected from the game is an extreme penalty. I can't imagine anything further coming from it.
Possibly. Anyone recall if the recent game ejections have suffered any further penalty? Wasn't it Sask that recently had two guys ejected? If it wasn't Sask, I'll apologize to the Sask fans on this board. But anyone know if they got suspended? Just wondering if there's a precedent for it.
Rammer
Team Captain

Stui wrote:
B.C.FAN wrote:I was at the game at that end of the field and I didn't see anything. Being ejected from the game is an extreme penalty. I can't imagine anything further coming from it.
Possibly. Anyone recall if the recent game ejections have suffered any further penalty? Wasn't it Sask that recently had two guys ejected? If it wasn't Sask, I'll apologize to the Sask fans on this board. But anyone know if they got suspended? Just wondering if there's a precedent for it.
Game ejections are always reviewed by the league for further action, the Riders didn't really deserve the ejections IMO, but did get fined afterwards for the helmet toss and leaving the dressing room on the TD drive.
Entertainment value = an all time low
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

The only suspension I recall is Sherko after the incident in Regina, however, he wasn't tossed, it was just Cory Rodgers who wasn't suspended. He was fined, though. Hopefully we can hope for a fine only as the ejection has already happened, but given the fact that the play resulted in an injury, I think that would be like asking for a miracle at this point.
Stui

Rammer wrote:
Stui wrote:
Game ejections are always reviewed by the league for further action, the Riders didn't really deserve the ejections IMO, but did get fined afterwards for the helmet toss and leaving the dressing room on the TD drive.
Ah, OK, thanks for the update. So I guess the thing that might potentially weigh in on this review, is the fact that he caused an injury, and would assume that depending on the severity of it, will affect any ruling. That being said, wasn't Gass suspended, and subsquently appealed, for his game ejection?