Sports N Stuff Grand Re-Opening w/ pics!

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

LFITQ
Team Captain

I noticed that a few of you put your thoughts in the other thread, but I decided that it needed it's own thread, so here it is.

First of all, that was a lot of fun. Thanks to Rick for putting this event on. It was great getting to see Bobby Ackles, Buck Pierce, Paris Jackson and Joe Smith in such an intimate setting. Thnx also to Rick for putting together the prize packages that really made the event interesting! And one final thnx to Rick for having such a great supply of Lions paraphernalia and with such great prices - along with the discount! My kidss college fund also thanks you! (Oh who am I kidding, my Lions shrine is my kids' college fund!! :lol: )

I also want to thank Bobby Ackles for being there and taking the time to sign his book and to talk candidly about some of his memoirs. It was really great to sit and listen to you and Kay (Bobby's wife) talk about your "adventures". Truly two remarkable people!

Thanks also needs to go out to Paris, Buck and Joe! These guys were absolutely fantastic taking the time to chat it up with the fans, sign all manner of paraphernalia (Joe even signed some pop bottles for one fan who read the article about Joe and pop bottles!) and to generally show why I have the utmost respect for players in the CFL who are so personable! You guys really showed why cheering for the CFL (and in particularly the Lions) is so great! Made me proud to be a fan!

It was a fantastic event and certainly worth getting up at 5:00am and heading out from here to get there at noon and then to head back home after 4pm and get in at 10:30pm. It was a long day (and expensive) for this fan but certainly worth it!

Below you will find some of my pics from the event.
Last edited by LFITQ on Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
LFITQ
Team Captain

Here are some of the pics I took at the event:

Quesdad and Bobby Ackles:

Rick with Bobby Ackles:

Quesdad with Paris and Joe:

Buck getting ready to make the draw for Lionbacker prizes:

Buck and Rick drawing a name from the Lionbackers.

Ballistic Bob and his new prize.

bcbill1's name being drawn for the helmet

.G. posing with Buck and Rick after winning the trip to Hamilton to heckle Casey Printers (inside jke)

Buck pulls the name for the trip to Vegas

Randy and a representative from Carlson Wagonlit Travel after winning the Vegas trip

Buck Pierce talks to a few of the Lionbackers in attendance

Quesdad with Buck Pierce just before we headed back north.

Thanks again Rick for a great time!!
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Great pictures! Thanks for posting those!
lion24
Legend

Great pictures and I would love to see more; other than the fact it makes me jealous I was not there :wink: I would like to get a polo shirt like the one Buck is wearing but is that only a team issued shirt?? :cr:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Yeah, I heard a couple other people ask about that shirt - it's a team issue only. I pointed out we could always roll him in the back alley, he got a chuckle out of that :)
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Thnx Ken for the photo op. Looks like I liked the football. BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
pinkfreud

Ballistic Bob wrote:Thnx Ken for the photo op. Looks like I liked the football. BB
Don't you remember Bob?

:lol:

Great pictures Ken. You and your dad are hardcore fans driving all the way down and back in one day. Good for you. Looks like everyone had fun. Congratulations to all the prize winners. Hopefully I'll be able to make it next year.
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

My pictures are in the other thread, not wanting to stretch this page out further.