Grey Cup Ticket Prices

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

No Ordinary Joe
Legend

I was just checking how much tickets are for the Grey Cup...WOW! They are INSANE!!! There's some seats priced north of $600. A $20 seat in the 500 level for a regular Argo game has been jacked up to $180 for the Grey Cup. These prices seem just ridiculously expensive to me. I don't remember tickets being nearly as retarded when we hosted the Cup a few years ago unless I've just got a really bad memory. How can they justify charging this much in Toronto? There's still going to be a ton of people there, but I think these prices could discourage a lot of people from attending, especially given the fact that the flight to Toronto ends up being cheaper than one ticket to the game.
nelson95
Legend

Anyone know when the 2008 tix go on sale?
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

If Toronto isn't in it, you'll be able to get cheap tickets, almost guaranteed.

If they are, prepare your wallet for a mass exit.
MacNews
Team Captain

It is going to be well attended, as it is already a sell-out. And even though BC wasn't in our GC, it was still well attended.
Ryan
All Star

One thing to note is that all of the lower bowl tickets also included a ticket to the Vanier Cup (whether you wanted one or not).
sports & stuff----ric
Champion

You can always get cheap tickets from the riders fans :lol: :lol:
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

sports & stuff----ric wrote:You can always get cheap tickets from the riders fans :lol: :lol:
Glad YOU said that, Rick! :lol: That's generally true! :wink:
Real women wear orange!!
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

Not really, Rider fans go regardless...say what you want about them, but they always show up at Grey Cup.
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

Cromartie and I went to the 2004 GC in Ottawa with tickets purchased from a Rider fan.

Will the disappointment never end? :no:
Lloyd
Wally!
Starter

If the argos aren't in the GC, scalpers will be practically giving their tix away. In Ottawa a few years back we got $200 seats for $50 still 30 minutes before game time.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Yes, the secondary market is usually pretty ripe for the picking. I know of folks who have never bought GC tickets in advance because of the rampant availability of tickets being sold by disappointed fans. Not to generalize, but a good percentage of those fans are usually wearing green jerseys. Why someone would come all the way to Grey Cup and NOT go to the game is beyond me, but people do, and decent seats can be obtained without much hassle. :wink:
Real women wear orange!!