Tailgate for September 29th?

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Hey everyone, just wanted to see if the tailgate tomorrow is still happening (not sure if it's a rain or shine type of event). Also, if I'm leaving from GM Place via Pacific Blvd. where do I walk to? I've noticed the Concord Pacific signs in the background in some pictures so it's gotta be close by since we see those from the windows of the store. I know it's under the Cambie Street bridge but I don't know 100% which is the Cambie Bridge. Anyways, just wanted to ask those couple questions because I've got some time to kill after I get off work tomorrow night before doors opened and wanted to come and say hi to everyone.
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

You don't know which is the Cambie bridge? :?

We are right under where it says "Smyth ST."

http://local.google.ca/?ie=UTF8&ll=49.2 ... &z=17&om=1

But yes, it is usually a rain or shine event. There is some cover to help us out.
bbgirl
Legend

The bridge makes for a lovely cover. Plus, once you have a few in you, the rain hardly seems an issue. :wink:
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

Simply put, we are west of the West Airlock.
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Canuck_4_Life wrote:Simply put, we are west of the West Airlock.
Awesome! Thanks.
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

bbgirl wrote:The bridge makes for a lovely cover. Plus, once you have a few in you, the rain hardly seems an issue. :wink:
NOJ, the Lionbacker girls help to keep us warm too.. :love:
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Lionheart wrote:
bbgirl wrote:The bridge makes for a lovely cover. Plus, once you have a few in you, the rain hardly seems an issue. :wink:
NOJ, the Lionbacker girls help to keep us warm too.. :love:
I'M THERE!!! :yes:
David
Team Captain

Lionheart wrote:But yes, it is usually a rain or shine event. There is some cover to help us out.
You mean "cloud or shine" event don't you? It hardly ever rains on game days!

And one giant noogie to the first person to write: "You see? THIS is why we need a domed stadium in Vancouver." :roll:

Fact is, other than last year's West Final in which I recall it being pretty miserable outside, I can scarcely recall walking to B.C. Place in the pouring rain.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Rammer
Team Captain

t when I purchase my ST, I know that the only rain I will encounter will between my vehicle and BC Place. :wink:
Entertainment value = an all time low
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

David wrote:Fact is, other than last year's West Final in which I recall it being pretty miserable outside, I can scarcely recall walking to B.C. Place in the pouring rain.

DH 8)
I recall one time during 2005, other than the West Final, that it poured on our tailgate. I remember being happy that my jacket was actually waterproof.
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

David, weather is a cyclical thing. There is a waveform to the patterns, ours here in BC will change when we get an outdoor stadium someday.

This is one of the Lionheart Rules
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

yea it was raining @ last years WDF
2012 Season Ticket Holder
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

The rain at last year's WF was awful! In the short walk from the skytrain to the stadium I got completely drenched and that's not a far walk at all. I mean, getting wet is one thing but I was soaked! Very uncomfortable for most of the first quarter as a result.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Bosco
Team Captain

From what I gather, NOJ won't have to worry about the arm / leg Impark fee. :helmet: