Friday pratice? 10:35-11:55

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Heading out to Victoria on Friday afternoon so I've got the day off work but was thinking of heading down to practice before I left for the ferry. Anybody else going to come enjoy some sun and watch the boys run through some drills before the game on Saturday night? Last week was great, got to meet a few fellow Lionbackers and share a good talk with Joe.
David
Team Captain

Are you sure they're practicing in Surrey? :? The day before a game is usually a walk-through/media day at BC Place. Don't take that to the bank, but I'd check to make sure. You don't want to waste a trip to Walley only to not find them there.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

David wrote:Are you sure they're practicing in Surrey? :? The day before a game is usually a walk-through/media day at BC Place. Don't take that to the bank, but I'd check to make sure. You don't want to waste a trip to Walley only to not find them there.

DH 8)
Yeah I was kinda surprised as well but I guess with the extra couple days off this week they decided to have a practice session on Friday. I didn't see it listed as a walk-through on the site and if memory serves me correct they usually post the walk-throughs on the site.

http://www.bclions.com/index.php?module ... &func=view
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

i would but i got school
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Gerry
Legend

David wrote:Are you sure they're practicing in Surrey? :? The day before a game is usually a walk-through/media day at BC Place. Don't take that to the bank, but I'd check to make sure. You don't want to waste a trip to Walley only to not find them there.

DH 8)
What do you mean?

A trip to Whalley is never a wasted trip. :lol:
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

I always thought it ironic that Wally coaches in Whalley.

How would the Surrey Lions sound? Hmmmmm .... I don't think so.
Gerry
Legend

Sounds fine to me.
Enough is enough.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

yeah always the day before the game they practice at BC Place
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Yank In BC
Hall of Famer

It usually says if it is at BC Place. And if you check the BC Place calendar they list Friday as Lions vs Argos Media/Practice. Call the office and ask.
I have my head up my butt - 120db
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Hmm, a contradiction in the two schedules is a bit weird. Guess I'll have to be making a phone call tomorrow then. They wouldn't have a practice and a walk-through on the same day would they?
Yank In BC
Hall of Famer

No Ordinary Joe wrote:Hmm, a contradiction in the two schedules is a bit weird. Guess I'll have to be making a phone call tomorrow then. They wouldn't have a practice and a walk-through on the same day would they?
No as they are one in the same.
I have my head up my butt - 120db
Smooth
All Star

I've heard the Lions and Argos have both scrapped their day before walk-throughs at the stadium. Lions will be practicing Friday in Surrey.
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

^ Where'd you hear that from?
David
Team Captain

Smooth wrote:I've heard the Lions and Argos have both scrapped their day before walk-throughs at the stadium. Lions will be practicing Friday in Surrey.
:x Well, as much as it may be a hassle/distraction for the teams to do their walk-through down at B.C. Place, it does serve to generate publicity for game and act as a gentle reminder to the casual fan that our football team has a game the next day. With the Canucks now in full practice mode, our Leos are going to need all the media help they can get. Practicing all the way out in Surrey Friday (no disrespect to Gerry intended) will not help their cause. And what's the Argos' excuse??

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
SammyGreene
Team Captain

I did hear Wally earlier this week say he was giving the players two days off because they would be practising on Friday instead of the typical walk-thru.

Still this should be done at B.C. Place. The Argos have to make themselves available to the local media 24 hours prior to kickoff as this is mandated by the league for regular season games. It's the reason why the Lions can't fly into Calgary or Edmonton the morning of the game to save $$$.