Leos/Al's Post Game Thoughts!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Leo_on_Rideau
Champion

Solar Max wrote:2) Simon needs to sit for a game. Sorry, David, but he does.
I dunno, won't that end up being the first step in him demanding a trade or having some other blowup with the team?

If there's one thing I've learned as a fan of Vancouver sports teams, is that players who will give other teams the benefit of the doubt and suck it up, try their best, whatever cliché you can name, are surprisingly quick to turn on the team and want out of town when they're in Vancouver. It's beyond obnoxious.
Kirk is #1

Soundy wrote:I was almost wondering if it was raining or something... Jarious slipping and falling on that one snap... the number of times the ball slipped through someone's fingers... we didn't look very sharp, true, but it just looked too like nothing could go right no matter how hard we tried.

Holy crap, though, that Payton kid is GOOD! Daddy woulda be proud!
Not raining, but cold and damp and windy...

12 or 13C at the most....

And I was supposed to get in the pool and take the stairs out.... like THAT got done...
Kirk is #1

David wrote:
WestCoastJoe wrote:* Murphy and Jiminez overstepped the line of appropriate behaviour in disrespecting the opposing coach (Popp) last week. It must have been a rallying point to some degree to the Alouettes. I know I would be pumped if someone dissed my coach.
This is a good point. While I recognize that Popp can be a mouthy SOB, there are times you take the high road, point to the scoreboard, and move on. I don't think getting in a coach's grill after the game or miming a 'phone call' lives up the the high professional standards the B.C. Lions have set in the Bob Ackles-Wally Buono era. I'd like to think our organization has too much class for that post-game nonsense.

I don't have any doubt that it motivated their troops.

DH 8)
Actually most of the talk in Montreal was about how Popp shouldn't have said anything to the Lions players.

As a coach and GM, he has to be above that. The recently retired Ed Philion was a great trash-talker, but even he has now toned it down as he works the radio games...he will be taking over from Tony Proudfoot when Tony's ALS forces him out of the booth....
midwestlion
Starter

Phillips, who had a great chance on an interception in the second half and couldn't bring it in (it went right to a Montreal receiver...an indication of how our day went)
Phillip was just trying to make a play. He had to stretch out to tip the ball, HE DIDNT "MISS" an interception. For all of you who think Phillips dropped a pick.
SectionW
Rookie

midwestlion wrote:
Phillips, who had a great chance on an interception in the second half and couldn't bring it in (it went right to a Montreal receiver...an indication of how our day went)
Phillip was just trying to make a play. He had to stretch out to tip the ball, HE DIDNT "MISS" an interception. For all of you who think Phillips dropped a pick.
I agree it was close but it was in that hard to get zone.
Like i remember some games at BC place were nothing worked for us, last night it seemed to be the Lions turn on being on that end.
Tremblay tasse toi on veut Cahoooon pour maire!