Questions?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Who will be behind centre for the Al's today?

Does anyone know the current status of Calvillo, and if it is back spasms or something worse?

A better question would be why Jason Mass would have such an aversion to taking over the helm of a juggernaut like Montreal

They have all the tools to make them the class of the league. One of the finest offensive lines ever to play in the CFL (although you'd never have believed that a week ago Friday).

They have arguably one of the most aggressive defensive lines to play our game in recent years.

Their receiving corps are the equal of our own in every way.

Their defensive secondary when healthy is among the elite of the league...

Their special teams both coverage and runback are second to none, and you have Duval's foot as your insurance.

So what is it with all those tools available to him, is it he is just terrified at how it will expose him for the mediocre talent that he is???

What else could be it be?

The French thing?
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

PigSkin_53 wrote:A better question would be why Jason Mass would have such an aversion to taking over the helm of a juggernaut like Montreal
It was reported in the news that he did not want to disrupt his family situation. He ultimately received the OK from his daughter that it was all right to go to Montreal.

Charming to say the least, and I am serious.

I wish him well in Montreal. In my view, he has always behaved like a complete pro.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

I was under the impression that if was family related, but I dont get that as I thought they also said that his family lived in edmonton??

For me, it would be the french thing, language that is :twisted:
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
joesports
All Star

It was reported in the news that he did not want to disrupt his family situation. He ultimately received the OK from his daughter that it was all right to go to Montreal.

Charming to say the least, and I am serious.

I wish him well in Montreal. In my view, he has always behaved like a complete pro.
I agree with WestCoastJoe

As for is Maas afraid of being exposed as a mediocre QB, I think he is talented and was playing on an offence that is not that good. Whether thats due to play calling or poor receiving it's hard to say. Maas did play well when he was in Edmonton. He worked well in their offence.

I think he's being made a scapegoat for an organization that is undergoing a transformation(????). He should feel like he's being treated poorly and maybe questioned if he still wants to play. His family said its Ok for him to go and I'm sure we will see a better Maas in Montreal.

I wish him well as he is a Complete Pro and a TEAM player.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Anyone see Maas talking to Cahoon on the sideline ?Cahoon didn't seem too happy to be talking to Maas.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Anyone see Maas talking to Cahoon on the sideline ?Cahoon didn't seem too happy to be talking to Maas.
I got that impression, but I figured I just imagined it.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
LFITQ
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:Anyone see Maas talking to Cahoon on the sideline ?Cahoon didn't seem too happy to be talking to Maas.
I took that as more of a disappointment that he (Cahoon) was on the sidelines. Cahoon is a fighter and would much rather be out on the field than talking to anyone. Not to mention they said he was on the sidelines due to a rib injury. He might have been in some discomfort. I don't think it was the company he was with, rather the situation he was in.

Besides, it doesn't hurt for him to start talking to the QB who may be leading the team for the next little while with AC out.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??