Edmonton vs Calgary

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

I am glad for Tom Higgins. In my view, he is a class act.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Hmmmmm ...

I wonder if Jacques's chances of replacing Danny Chipmunk are getting better or worse. :lol:

Nothing really against Danny Chipmunk, but Chappy would actually probably be an improvement in terms of leadership (That is how bad the Esks are floundering). Right now, they are both on a sinking ship with no chance to bail out.

Pleasant to contemplate.

As Willie the Shake would say: "A pox on both their houses."
Rammer
Team Captain

That pretty much makes the spread between Edmonton and Calgary three games, although another tie would place a wrinkle in that, since the Stamps hold the tie breaker.

I like that Calgary has won, as it places more importance upon wins, not just to keep pace for a 1st place showdown, but to keep some distance between the us and the Stampeders.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:Edmonton or Calgary, which teams victory/loss is the most valuable for the Lions, discuss.
Doesn't matter. They both suck.

OTOH. I do like to see the EE stand for Early Exit. Two years in row.

Looks good on them.

Sorry Eskinator.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:I like that Calgary has won, as it places more importance upon wins, not just to keep pace for a 1st place showdown, but to keep some distance between the us and the Stampeders.
True. True.

Yup.

But I gotta be honest here. All that matters to me about this game is that the Evil Empire loses again, and loses both ends of the Labour Day Classic.

Stick that sword in there deep, Stamps. :lol:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Is there any truth to the rumour that Hugh Campbell is canvassing the League to allow 4 teams from the West to make the playoffs ?
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The Calgary victory means Saskatchewan could be in third place by the time the Riders host the Lions in two weeks. This is a critical point in the schedule. For now, it's a three-way race for playoff positions in the West.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:The Calgary victory means Saskatchewan could be in third place by the time the Riders host the Lions in two weeks. This is a critical point in the schedule. For now, it's a three-way race for playoff positions in the West.
Shhhh...they'll hear you. :lol:

Everyone knows that Sask will not lose another game this year.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Henry Burris played a solid game tonight. His quarterback draws really caught the Schmoes off guard in the 4th quarter.
Rammer
Team Captain

LB responsibility, and for the second game in a row, no excuses for the Eskimos not to be ready for HB runs.
Entertainment value = an all time low
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:Henry Burris played a solid game tonight. His quarterback draws really caught the Schmoes off guard in the 4th quarter.
Most of Calgary's running and play-action plays caught Edmonton off-guard. How many times did Burriss fool Abdullah on a bootleg? How many times did the Esks blitz Gass off the edge and leave the middle vulnerable for a draw, or give Shabazz middle resposibility, only to have him miss tackles?

Abdullah and Shabazz should have played better but Rick Campbell should not have left them in position where George Cortez could exploit them. This game came down to coaching, and that's why Edmonton lost.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:LB responsibility, and for the second game in a row, no excuses for the Eskimos not to be ready for HB runs.
Gass is too slow, Shabazz is too green, and Garrett is too small.

Then there was the inexplicable decision to move LaRose from his Safety spot to corner, and bring Loftus to the corner. Why not leave LaRose in the position he knows, and have Loftus play corner? Esks were playing off 12 yards anyway.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Anybody notice tonight that Braidwood and Abdullah, both Eskie players who called certain well known Olineman dirty players both got calls of the Unnecessary roughness variety. Abdullah for kneeing a downed player!
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Say it ain't so ! :roll: