Lions refuse to fly Dave to Montreal

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

120dB
Legend

I can't believe what I heard on 'NW this morning. Dave's not flying to Montreal? He's staying here? Could he not be a help on the sidelines?

Just shows you how sick Dickenson may be and why it was important to get Dave on the 9 game IR and free up that cap room to TRY and get Casey signed. Mabey the Lions may not have been able to outbid the Ti Cats, but there should've been an effort.

As soon as McDonald asked Wally about the salary cap this morning, Wally interrupted and said he didn't wanna talk about it.

Then we hear that Jason Medlock was phoning Wally after every game and preaching about how his client Printers should been handled, how he should be promoted.

I was not aware that this was happening. In this respect, I can now see the forest from the trees and understand Wally's situation. No coach should have to put up with agent meddling like that. That is just not right.

At the same time though, the fact that the Lions won't fly Dave to Montreal... Jason Maas won't go to Montreal... Printers was on his way to Montreal to sign a contract, then on layover in Cleveland is ordered back to Houston by his agent cause of an offer by Hamilton with the Montreal brass still waiting for Casey to arrive at the airport... it all just doesn't make sense
Big Time
Champion

I know. Montreal is a great city!
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

maybe hes driving lol
2012 Season Ticket Holder
wildthing
All Star

I would guess Dave isn't going to Mtl because of the concussion.
Rammer
Team Captain

Perhaps you also heard the Wally quote by BMac....."When you marry the daughter, you marry the MiL, I don't want to marry the MiL."

The encouraging news is that Wally said that DD had his best week yet (and we also know that he was working out each day). Combine that with Wally still believing that DD will return to the Lions this season, and we aren't doing all that badly.

PS, Maas is in Montreal as of now, he will become part of the Als season, pending on how Cavillo does.
Entertainment value = an all time low
ryant
Rookie

Buck isn't going either....not in the budget I guess.
Zarquon
Champion

This seems strange to me. How much is it for two extra seats on a charter anyways?
Meus occupatio est ut calcitro vestri clunis.
smphantom
Legend

Craven Moorehead is reporting that both DD and BP are about to be traded to Hamilton for CP. :twisted:
Stay thirsty my friends.
mrny
prospect

I dont think they charter.... they do get a discount on seats but its probably still close to 500-600 per seat!
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

It must be a bit disappointing but to me if DD is still recovering from a concussion why would he keep flying until the symptoms are gone? Buck is a different case unless he can't sit in a plane with his injury. That is a long flight. I was surprised he flew to Calgary. Even a short flight has some strain involved. Montreal is even worse. Most of us feel the effects when we travel for business and we aren't concussed.

I am not sure what DD meant when he said that he felt he could have helped them in Montreal. I dont see him on the sidelines during games he is not in doing anything specific with respect to how the game is being played. I may be missing something, but it seems the injured D players are with the D coaches more than the QBs are. I can see DD being acttive in game playing if invited but I haven't noticed him on the sideline giving advice. The presence of him giving advice runs the risk sadly of making the OC look bad given the early season criticism by Dave himself so I am sure the coaches dont want to appear to letting the players make the calls. Right now Kruck is looking great at scheming.

What am I missing as I might be wrong on the role DD is playing at games when he is not playing?

I know that flying across the country takes a toll on the body. If I was concussed I am not sure I'd want to do that flight to Montreal other than to be with the team and be at the game.

That is funny -- the post about BP and DD to the Cats for CP.... We need a thread on that one!!!

The Medlock stuff is new to me but I am not surprised by this at all. Medlock is not a person I'd want to represent me. He is not a strategic advisor either as all of CP's moves including his BC stuff have been poor strategically. The good agents ensure like the NHL guys are good at speaking with the media and not hurting their clients public or team profile. Medlock is awful and Wally may be right that with CP comes this moron and call after call to the HC who has better things to do than constantly talk to an agent when the player is under contract.

Good luck to Hamilton, it will be interesting.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
ryant
Rookie

Actually DD, from what I've seen on the sidelines, is constantly talking to the starting QB as he comes off the field (explaining what he is seeing I assume) as well as the OC. I'm not quite sure what you've been looking at if you've missed these interactions on the sidelines. From what I've been told by other players, DD has made numerous calls since he's been on the sidelines as well as helping with halftime adjustments and signaling plays in (ie when Buck got hurt in Calgary). I believe that BP (when he wasn't hurt) played better when DD was on the sidelines helping out than when he wasn't. Was he helping BP with what he was seeing on the field, or was he just a calming influence...hard to say.
LFITQ
Team Captain

ryant - you are right. When DD was feeling up to it he was on the sidelines giving his input.

It will be interesting to see if there is a reduction in offensive effectiveness this week without him there.

However, that will have to be measured against a more fired-up Mtl team too. So it could be difficult to judge.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Rammer
Team Captain

Not just difficult impossible, with player insertions by Montreal, especially at the LB position.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

The real reason Dave didn't fly to Montreal. :wink:

Soundy
Hall of Famer

You saying his skirt was too revealing for the airline? :lol:

Seriously... I love (not) how 120db's usual negativity colors this. Even the subject line - "Lions REFUSE to fly Dave..." - makes it sound as if they had to drag DD kicking and screaming away from the airport. "Noooo, I wanna GOOOOOO" "No no Dave, we don't want you there..."

How about "Lions DECIDE not to fly Dave to Montreal"? Or "Dave decides not to fly to Montreal"? Is there any actual reason given for Dave not accompanying the team, or just the usual wanker wanking and trying to be sensationalistic? Maybe he's just not feeling well? Family emergency perhaps? Could be any number of reasons besides "Dave's done for good and the team doesn't want him going along."

Maybe 120db should be an editor for a tabloid...