Jason Maas Traded to Als.

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

bbking
Starter

The soap opera continues . He apparently does not want to go. :shock: I read it over at 13thman.com
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

wow
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

I feel for him and his family. Living apart like that is not fun as I did the same for 5 years. Goodluck to JM.
lion24
Legend

Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
bbking
Starter

I heard a rumor the NFL regular season started today .I am much too busy following cfl news to have noticed .Stay tuned for the next episode .
Blitz
Team Captain

Apparently the deal is off:
That may prove to be interesting! Of course there were a number of Lionbackers who said they would rather have Maas as a quarterback over Printers in 2005...so maybe Maas will beat Printers out!! :roll: :wink:

It's also interesting that Montreal is giving signals that they may be ready to move away from Cavillo in the future. He's getting past his "Best Before' date in age!
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Wow! This is crazy!
Gerry
Legend

Blitz wrote:
That may prove to be interesting! Of course there were a number of Lionbackers who said they would rather have Maas as a quarterback over Printers in 2005...so maybe Maas will beat Printers out!! :roll: :wink:

It's also interesting that Montreal is giving signals that they may be ready to move away from Cavillo in the future. He's getting past his "Best Before' date in age!
I'm sure that there are quite a few members of Lionbackers who appreciate the character of Maas over that of Printers, Blitz.

Why the concern over all of these people who do not share your love of Printers? It's recurring theme of yours.

As for the signals you read from Montreal, perhaps Cavillo is hurt enough that he will miss the rest of the year and the Als looked at Printers as a ready and available stop-gap, hence the offer of a contract for this year only.

All in one post you have managed to be disparaging of Maas, Callvio, and other Lionbackers, yet you wonder at others who do not show devotion at the shrine of Printers.
MacNews
Team Captain

Gerry wrote:I'm sure that there are quite a few members of Lionbackers who appreciate the character of Maas over that of Printers, Blitz.
Count me in. I am somewhat 'old skool' in that sense, which is ironic since I am also a 'young grasshopper'. That is why I am so high on Dickenson, no matter how many injuries he sustains. He is a leader, even when hurt. He plays to whistle, or longer, and 'garbage time' is not in his vocabulary. Replacing him with Jarius on a 3rd down sneak only inspires him to not get into a 3rd down in the first place.

Casey may well have matured over these couple years, and I sure hope so. Otherwise I don't know whether he will be able to handle the inevitable losses for very long.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I heard tonight that Maas has been suspended. I heard that Edmonton is interested in securing his services.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Breaking news: Jason Maas signs with Chiefs as starting QB; Casey Printers throws hissy fit and trashes locker room. Film at 11.

:twisted:
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
rb
Champion

Maas is reporting to Mtl. The smart thing to do. Get paid (handsomely), go to a team with a chance, and then let the future fall where it may.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Gerry wrote:
Blitz wrote:

I'm sure that there are quite a few members of Lionbackers who appreciate the character of Maas over that of Printers, Blitz.

Why the concern over all of these people who do not share your love of Printers? It's recurring theme of yours.
As for the signals you read from Montreal, perhaps Cavillo is hurt enough that he will miss the rest of the year and the Als looked at Printers as a ready and available stop-gap, hence the offer of a contract for this year only.

All in one post you have managed to be disparaging of Maas, Callvio, and other Lionbackers, yet you wonder at others who do not show devotion at the shrine of Printers.
Here, here.

Blitz, I really enjoy your insight into the game of football...your devotion to Printers and your mad-on for those who don't appreciate Printers as much as you....not so much.

He is an interesting character to hitch your wagon to.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Lion Guy wrote:
Gerry wrote:
Blitz wrote:

Here, here.

Blitz, I really enjoy your insight into the game of football...your devotion to Printers and your mad-on for those who don't appreciate Printers as much as you....not so much.

He is an interesting character to hitch your wagon to.
The recurring theme, if there is one, is that the Printers detractors don't like to hear anything positive on the guy. To say that Blitz is disparaging of Maas, Cavillo and other Lionbackers because he states his views is ridiculous. If the Als had got the guy for the balance of the season, I am sure that they'd have been bringing him back as Cavillo is getting older -that's not disparaging, that's a fact. Yes, some on here wanted Jason Maas in BC, that too is a fact. So what. Jason Maas might have performed admirably in BC, who knows.

As far as Maas goes, I can't see another trade for him to the Esks as the Als need QB help fast or there season will slip away on them.

I have never seen a post where it could be said that Blitz has hitched his wagon to Printers. That too is erroneous. I'd say Blitz was torn on the Lions bringing him back now and I felt the same way.

I always thought the goal of fan boards was to generate interest and discussion. Blitz is just contributing to the discussion and is one who doesn't ever resort to name calling or put downs while pleading someone is doing him wrong. This board needs more Blitz type posts, not less.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Agreed, although I'm not sure that the BB would be able to handle the strain given the usual lengths of Blitz's posts. :wink:
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.