Casey Printers and the Drugstore Cowboys!!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

squishy35
Legend

There's nothing wrong with setting lofty goals for yourself. But we differ in that opinion.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

LFITQ wrote:
PigSkin_53 wrote:
WestCoastJoe wrote:
"It wasn't one of those things where i said 'forget BC.' My agent, (Jason Medlock), my uncles, my mother said if the offer been significant enough I would have still been in BC. Period."
So for 300,000 more, at that time CP would have stayed in BC and shared the helm with DD right?
When on with Brian Williams last night CP said he didn't want to play second fiddle. He felt he deserved to be the #1 guy (and he also said he felt Dave deserved to be a #1 guy) and the deal the Lions were offering at the time was not going to make him the #1 guy in BC.

IIRC Wally was offering the $1.2 mill but much of it may have been back loaded. The way I think many saw it developing here was that DD would be the #1 guy in 2006 with CP taking over in 2007 and subsequent years

But let's not forget, Casey came to the CFL with designs on getting to the NFL (and you can't blame him for that) so I'm not sure anything Wally was going to offer was going to be good enough. Casey wanted his shot in the NFL, his agent talked him into it and off he went to get caught up in the futility and politics of the NFL. Now he is back where he belongs.

he only thing to wonder about is if he will suffer from the NFLitis that many players having returned from the NFL suffer from when they come back (and some don't) - only time will tell.
CP was railroaded into the NFL by his uncle, his mother's brother, to increase his worth upon returning to the CFL.

They could not care less where he played, only how much!!!
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Speaking of Printers and Flutie. I am not sure if I had much of an opinion when Wally sat Printers in 2004, I think I saw reasons for and against. Guess because I didnt really favor either one. However, I sure did have an opinion when dumbass philips sat Flutie for Johnson in the Playoff game. It was, go with the one that got you there.

Now, one would think Wally would have learned something from that, but I guess he wasnt paying attention :twisted: :wink:

Note: this is just for humour and interesting comparison. No need to rehash all the reasons why wally did or did not do the right thing. :thup:
Every day that passes is one you can't get back