Casey Printers and the Drugstore Cowboys!!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

I said as far back as 2 yrs ago that I was ready to see a lions team without both DD and Printers. DDs constant injuries makes him just not worth the price or agravation. I think we could have won last yr without him, but who knows.

However, I have always also had doubts about Printers. How manyflash in the pans do we see come up here and do well with their legs for a couple of yrs, then when they slow down, they are unable to adjust and do it more with their heads. I have my doubts that printers will be any good without his legs.

Starting with the agent thing. Either he actually beleives that it is a good thing for him to have his goofball uncle as his agent, which cast serious doubt on his IQ right there, or he is bowing to family pressure which says he is not his own man, which cast doubt on his leadership ability. He seems like an ok person the few times I have heard him talk, but never got the impression that he is real smart. It also seemed to me that as the rest of the league started to get used to him and the times his legs couldnt get him out of trouble, then his overall performance was not so good any more.

I said it before and I say it again, I am fine with going with buck, if he does not prove to also be injury prone, and I am sure Wally will yet again find another future CFL star. I am not a printers hater, but I will be disappointed if the leos bring him in. Dont think I be requiring any medication though :cr:
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Gerry
Legend

PigSkin_53 wrote:Honesty and the courage to speak the truth are rarely rewarded with humility and contrition, when dealing with the envy of cowards and weaklings who lie in wait of but a turn of turn of tongue to vent their poisonous vapors for their enemies to choke upon.

Honesty needs not the recognition of vipers, but only those who love and hold upon its sweet savored taste.
I'm still wondering about this, Pigskin.

Is it a quote from some old poem? I'm not big on poetry or old English, but I'm interested in the reference.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

PigSkin_53 wrote:Honesty and the courage to speak the truth are rarely rewarded with humility and contrition, when dealing with the envy of cowards and weaklings who lie in wait of but a turn of turn of tongue to vent their poisonous vapors for their enemies to choke upon.

Honesty needs not the recognition of vipers, but only those who love and hold upon its sweet savored taste.
Holy Shakespearean wannabe Batman!!
Blitz
Team Captain

Gotta love a guy who has a vocab past Grade 3!! Sometimes one can get tired of reading three letter words!! :wink:

Besides Pigskin writes writes poetic...as our offensive line looks like poetry in action as they mow down defensive lineman in synchronized harmony!! :yes: Oh, oh, sorry....I used a word that is too long....attached is a dictionary!!! :wink: :wink:
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Blitz wrote:
Gotta love a guy who has a vocab past Grade 3!! Sometimes one can get tired of reading three letter words!! :wink:

Besides Pigskin writes writes poetic...as our offensive line looks like poetry in action as they mow down defensive lineman in synchronized harmony!! :yes: Oh, oh, sorry....I used a word that is too long....attached is a dictionary!!! :wink: :wink:
Thanks! I looked it up;

Synchronize - sin-kron-iz - " To concur or agree in time......" As in two posters who would like to impress others at the same time with some form or another of verbal or written gymnastics.

:wink: :wink: :wink:
Yank In BC
Hall of Famer

Blitz wrote:Gotta love a guy who has a vocab past Grade 3!! Sometimes one can get tired of reading three letter words!! :wink:

:sleep: you 2 need to get a room.
Last edited by Yank In BC on Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have my head up my butt - 120db
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Yank In BC wrote:
Blitz wrote:

:sleep: you 2 need to get a room.
just not my room.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Gerry
Legend

Gerry wrote:

Is it a quote from some old poem? I'm not big on poetry or old English, but I'm interested in the reference.
Still waiting...... :juggle: :juggle:
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Gerry wrote:
Gerry wrote:
PigSkin_53 wrote:Honesty and the courage to speak the truth are rarely rewarded with humility and contrition, when dealing with the envy of cowards and weaklings who lie in wait of but a turn of tongue to vent their poisonous vapors for their enemies to choke upon.

Still waiting...... :juggle: :juggle:
Let it go Gerry...

"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
Gerry
Legend

Not likely. You shot your mouth off and now you're wishing you hadn't.

I'm still waiting for an explanation.
Enough is enough.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Blitz wrote: ... writes poetic...as our offensive line looks like poetry in action as they mow down defensive lineman in synchronized harmony!!
Hmmmm

... visualizing this ...

I was thinking that the power of the Lions O Line was like Dancing Bears Doing Russian Ballet over Prone Alouettes.

Or maybe Buffalo Run Mows Down the Alouettes.

How about that title of an excellent George Plimpton book about Alex Karras and John Gordy, a D Lineman and an O Lineman for the Detroit Lions, when they used to have some decent teams:

"Mad Ducks and Bears" it was called. The book was almost as good as his classic: "Paper Lion."
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Gerry wrote:Not likely. You shot your mouth off and now you're wishing you hadn't.

PigSkin_53 wrote:
Gerry wrote:
PigSkin_53 wrote:Honesty and the courage to speak the truth are rarely rewarded with humility and contrition, when dealing with the envy of cowards and weaklings who lie in wait of but a turn of tongue to vent their poisonous vapors for their enemies to choke upon.

To what and whom are you referring, PigSkin_53? Those are pretty strong words.
If you have to ask that Scatchy, you've already answered your own question!
Figure it out Einstein!
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Gentlemen:

Please take this to PMs.
Gerry
Legend

PigSkin_53 wrote:
Gerry wrote:Not likely. You shot your mouth off and now you're wishing you hadn't.

PigSkin_53 wrote:
Gerry wrote:
To what and whom are you referring, PigSkin_53? Those are pretty strong words.
If you have to ask that Scatchy, you've already answered your own question!
Figure it out Einstein!
It's a discussion board, Pigskin. Discussion.

That means that we try to get our thoughts across to other people and listen to theirs in return. We don't deliberately make obscure remarks and we don't answer a request for clarity with an even more obscure remark.

Not if we want to have a discussion that is. Now, we may disagree even while we discuss, but what's the use of posting if we don't even attempt to be clear in our expression?

You're trying to piss me off, I figure. I asked, and you did not deny it. Okay, if that's the way you want it, I guess that's how it will have to be. I'll react accordingly.

Is that clear enough for you, Shakespeare?
Gerry
Legend

Sorry, Solar. I was busy replying while you were posting, I guess.

Yeah, I realize that it should go to PMs, but it pains me that someone who makes gutless obscure remarks on an open forum doesn't have to deal with the consequences in the same way, in the open.

I have no desire to converse with this meathead privately, so I guess that this will have to end the matter.

I'm out.
Enough is enough.