CKNW - Casey in Canada talking contract

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Rammer
Team Captain

smphantom wrote:Why wouldn't Montreal get in on this with Calvillo getting older and slower?
Montreal doesn't have to worry about selling more seats, they are at the maximum. In order to lure Printers a team like BC or TO have an advantage as they have tens of thousands of seats available, which would pay off any luxury taxes, should they be over the cap.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Gerry
Legend

Yank In BC wrote:
Lion Guy wrote:
120dB wrote:Printers signs with B.C. OR Toronto = 60,000 on the 15th. Automatic sellout. That will be a bigger event that Beckham
No it won't, because he won't be playing. You will see Bishop vs Jackson/Pierce
Let him have his fantasy. Most of us grew up fantasizing that Daisy Duke o r Alyssa Milano would say yes. 120 gets off on filling the dome. There must be a website somewhere that charges 19.99 a month for that.
I was always partial to those farmer's daughters on Petticoat Junction. :yes:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

sj-roc wrote:
LFITQ wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:Wonder how much Josh Boden wants for his #1 jersey ?
Hmmmm I wonder if that is in the mix for the contract offer? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who is #1 in Hamilton?
The only place you'll find a number one in Hamilton is in the win column.
:lol: :lol:
LFITQ
Team Captain

Gerry wrote:
Yank In BC wrote:
Lion Guy wrote:
Let him have his fantasy. Most of us grew up fantasizing that Daisy Duke o r Alyssa Milano would say yes. 120 gets off on filling the dome. There must be a website somewhere that charges 19.99 a month for that.
Daisy Duke - right at the beginning of when I was learning about girls.

Alyssa Milano - right around my age

Petticoat Junction??? - aren't they the same age as my grandmother?? 8) :lol:
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Yank In BC
Hall of Famer

Gerry wrote:
Yank In BC wrote:
Lion Guy wrote:
Just dating yourself there Gerry... :wink:

I coulda gone with C4L's generation and the menage with Rachel and Monica off Friends.
I have my head up my butt - 120db
Gerry
Legend

LFITQ wrote:
Gerry wrote:
Yank In BC wrote:Let him have his fantasy. Most of us grew up fantasizing that Daisy Duke o r Alyssa Milano would say yes. 120 gets off on filling the dome. There must be a website somewhere that charges 19.99 a month for that.
Daisy Duke - right at the beginning of when I was learning about girls.

Alyssa Milano - right around my age

Petticoat Junction??? - aren't they the same age as my grandmother?? 8) :lol:
Well, I was in elementary school, I guess. But that was the first piquing of interest for me. Those girls are probably about 60 now, I imagine.
Gerry
Legend

Yank In BC wrote:
Gerry wrote:
Yank In BC wrote:Let him have his fantasy. Most of us grew up fantasizing that Daisy Duke o r Alyssa Milano would say yes. 120 gets off on filling the dome. There must be a website somewhere that charges 19.99 a month for that.

I coulda gone with C4L's generation and the menage with Rachel and Monica off Friends.
Bah. I'd feel like a child molester (I imagine).
LFITQ
Team Captain

Gerry wrote:
Yank In BC wrote:
Gerry wrote:

Bah. I'd feel like a child molester (I imagine).
For the record - Jennifer (Rachel) and Courtenay (Monica) are actually older than Alyssa Milano ... Milano (born 1972), Aniston (born 1968), Cox (born 1964)

So you wouldn't have to feel too bad Gerry ... ;)
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

Where's Robbie with pictures when you need his "ahem"...usefullness

:lol:
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
Gerry
Legend

Cox is doable, but my wife would likely not approve.
Enough is enough.
Gerry
Legend

Isn't this supposed to be about Printers?

He's probably reading these threads and becoming quite perturbed that we are digressing. Not to mention that 120 dude.
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

Gerry wrote:Cox is doable, but my wife would likely not approve.
Nor would Ms. Cox.....I'm quite sure :wink: :yes: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:
smphantom wrote:Why wouldn't Montreal get in on this with Calvillo getting older and slower?
Montreal doesn't have to worry about selling more seats, they are at the maximum. In order to lure Printers a team like BC or TO have an advantage as they have tens of thousands of seats available, which would pay off any luxury taxes, should they be over the cap.
Should they be over the cap? Huh. Doesn't Pierce make over $200K, plus DD salary which would be at least $200K for the first 9 games.

Add in Printers for 8 or 9 games at a pro rated $200K, plus JJ + Gino and Sankey. That's at least $700K for the season just for QB's and that only if DD immediately goes on the 9 game IR.

The SMS is supposed to create an equal playing field. If the Lions get Printers, keep Pierce and DD recovers and can play again, you may as well take the ball and go home.
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

120dB wrote:Can Braley afford not to?

Sportsnet confirms it's Hamilton or B.C.
Exactly what was going through in my mind too. You know, I've always been a CP fan but with the way he left us, still have a bitter taste in my mouth. DD is done. BP is the future but can we afford not to sign CP?? We can sign him and then deal him to another club next season. I'm sure one can get quite a bit in return. If CP signs here, I'd hate to see a guy like JJ or GD get displaced. It's just bad timing. Wish CP would sign with another NFL team.
120dB
Legend

Printers said his first two choices are Toronto and B.C. Toronto doesn't appear to be in the running. that leaves B.C.

Printers also said he wants to play for a contender. B.C.

In the Hamilton Spectator article, I note that Hamilton planned to have an offer for Casey by the end of this week. It's not the end of the week, and Casey is already here. And there's supposed to be an announcement by tommorow before which time Casey will meet with the coaching staff of the team he signs with.

So did David Braley make a phone call?