Printers interview coming up on 'NW Sportstalk

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Jim Mullin
Team Captain

Power-O-O-O-O wrote:
smphantom wrote:
David wrote:I am gradually shifting my listenership support behind CKNW. They work harder for it. Breaking story after breaking story regarding the Lions comes from 'NW while TEAM1040 sits idly by as the club's flagship station, content to pick up scaps over the wire. Granted, they do tons of promo work for the club and air lots of interviews with players etc., but as for searching for hard news stories, Rick Ball has as much clout as David Braley's barber.

While I can live without Neil MacRae's anti-Lion diatribes (his rebuke of Dante Marsh's response to the recent dog fighting scandal and how the Lions should have briefed their players on a PC response bordered on slander), Dan Russell has a great CFL segment Tuesday nights with Glen Suitor. :thup:

DH 8)
On the weekend, I heard the TEAM bragging that they will be "all over" the Canucks training camp, all day, everyday, from day 1. There goes any Lions coverage, with the exception of game days. :sigh:
Yes, the TEAM puts on what people want to talk about and that is hockey. I will give them a ton of credit though for the loads of player and management interviews, not just at night, but during drive times.

Also, on game days they do a great job. NW did not have, and would not have the EXTENDED pre-game and post game shows you get on TEAM. If you asked the Lions, I think they would be pretty happy with how the rights are handled.
Spoken like someone who produces a show or two over there.

The TEAM can do so many more things with sports because that's who they are. The play-by-play is great, and the supporting volume of pre and post is better than what NW provided.

But what many of the folks here brought up, is that we break stories at NW and there is an appreciation for that. NW won't get every story first, but we work hard to get the majority of them in this town.

My old buddy David Pratt's envy of this latest Printers story has been palpable, and truly a joy to witness. He will be proven wrong once again.
Krown Countdown U on CHCH TV and the TSN Radio Network.
smphantom
Legend

Jim Mullin wrote:My old buddy David Pratt's envy of this latest Printers story has been palpable, and truly a joy to witness. He will be proven wrong once again.
:lol:
Stay thirsty my friends.
Power-O-O-O-O
Starter

Jim Mullin wrote:
Spoken like someone who produces a show or two over there.

The TEAM can do so many more things with sports because that's who they are. The play-by-play is great, and the supporting volume of pre and post is better than what NW provided.

But what many of the folks here brought up, is that we break stories at NW and there is an appreciation for that. NW won't get every story first, but we work hard to get the majority of them in this town.

My old buddy David Pratt's envy of this latest Printers story has been palpable, and truly a joy to witness. He will be proven wrong once again.
I appreciate that you guys are working to get stories first. Keep it up. Competition is good for us listeners. If you keep breaking and discussing the stories I might just move the dial sometimes when I want to hear sports.
Honour Dewalt
Champion

Isn't this thread a bit off topic? I thought this was about the Printers interview. Obviously nothing much came of it if nobody is saying anything.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

A few years ago the thought of an all-sports radio station in Vancouver was scoffed at. Then we had two of them, but the market would only support one. I dream of a future when we can again have two stations: an all-hockey sation and all-sports-but-hockey station. I'd listen mainly to the latter.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:A few years ago the thought of an all-sports radio station in Vancouver was scoffed at. Then we had two of them, but the market would only support one. I dream of a future when we can again have two stations: an all-hockey sation and all-sports-but-hockey station. I'd listen mainly to the latter.
There wouldn't be enough listenership for the latter to interest advertisers, so your dream would remain just that. I don't think it would stand a chance even if it were all-sports-but-NHL and they carried/talked about various hockey leagues/tournaments outside the NHL (eg, varsity, CHL, AHL, Olympics, World Champs, World Junior Champs).
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.