TSN Reports Printers Headed to the CFL

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

120dB wrote:Buck's the future when Casey isn't here, not when Casey is here. When Casey was here we sure didn't hear too much about Buck, did we?

If Buck is as talented as Casey is, how come Buck didn't demand and get the big bucks that teams are offering Casey right now? Numbers being thrown around for Casey right now are $ 400,000 - 500,000 / year.

Could Buck demand $ 400,000 or $ 500,000 / season from a team and get it?

How much is Buck getting right now? Answer that question !
The real question is: "Why do you want Casey back here so much?

Is it a) You believe he gives us our best chance to win. ( Cuz in case you haven't noticed we have been winning since he left)

or b) you equate Printers with NOISE????

:popcorn:
Last edited by Lion Guy on Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Big Time
Champion

I believe Buck is getting 200K per year. He's also never been a full time starter and never won an MOP award. He may not have the numbers Casey does, but his attitude is at least 100 times better.
Gerry
Legend

120dB wrote:Buck's the future when Casey isn't here, not when Casey is here. When Casey was here we sure didn't hear too much about Buck, did we?

If Buck is as talented as Casey is, how come Buck didn't demand and get the big bucks that teams are offering Casey right now? Numbers being thrown around for Casey right now are $ 400,000 - 500,000 / year.

Could Buck demand $ 400,000 or $ 500,000 / season from a team and get it?

How much is Buck getting right now? Answer that question !
This reminds of the old saying about knowing the price of everything and the value of nothing.
Power-O-O-O-O
Starter

Whether the Lions sign Printers or not, I am confident in Buono and company that they will act in the best interest of the team and fans.
In my opinion, the Buono/Ackles era has been one of unprecedented on field success. A grey cup championship, 3 straight home western finals, numerous individual awards... In Wally we trust!
Power-O-O-O-O
Starter

Big Time wrote:I believe Buck is getting 200K per year. He's also never been a full time starter and never won an MOP award. He may not have the numbers Casey does, but his attitude is at least 100 times better.
He doesn't have the numbers, but he has something that Casey doesn't... a Grey Cup ring!

Seriously though, is Casey twice as good as Buck? I don't think so. If you could save 300K by starting Buck over Casey, I think it would be worth it. 300K is enough to keep or acquire impact players at other positions. The Eskimos have "arguably the best QB in the league" (I would argue against it), but they missed the playoffs last year. One player does not make a football team.
Gerry
Legend

Power-O-O-O-O, you are a voice of reason. :beer:
Enough is enough.
Rammer
Team Captain

Power-O-O-O-O wrote:
Big Time wrote:I believe Buck is getting 200K per year. He's also never been a full time starter and never won an MOP award. He may not have the numbers Casey does, but his attitude is at least 100 times better.
He doesn't have the numbers, but he has something that Casey doesn't... a Grey Cup ring!

Seriously though, is Casey twice as good as Buck? I don't think so. If you could save 300K by starting Buck over Casey, I think it would be worth it. 300K is enough to keep or acquire impact players at other positions. The Eskimos have "arguably the best QB in the league" (I would argue against it), but they missed the playoffs last year. One player does not make a football team.
Buck's contract goes up if he becomes the starter.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Blitz
Team Captain

I LOVE these Grey Cup ring comments! However, they have nothing to do with the future. The key to this question is not the past but the future and what is in our Leos best interests to keep winning and ensure we have the quarterback depth to do that!!
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Power-O-O-O-O
Starter

Rammer wrote:
Power-O-O-O-O wrote:

Buck's contract goes up if he becomes the starter.

Just curious what are the numbers for Buck as the starter? I assume that after X number of starts, his salary would go up?
120dB
Legend

I understand from Lowell's article today that Dickenson offered to defer $ 200,000 of his salary to next season to help with the salary cap. Then I read that the Lions are blocking that move. It's crazy. This is totally crazy.

The problem here is Wally Buono. He just doesn't want Casey back. Why I don't know, but it makes me mad. And other fans may be losing their patience here.

Dickenson is offering to defer $ 200,000 of his salary to next season to help with the salary cap situation and help mabey help get Printers signed. Dickenson realizes he may not play again this season and he's doing the honorable thing: putting the interests of the team first.

Wally is standing in the way according to what Lowell is saying. This is clearly not acceptable. The Lions should be looking at creative ways to improve their club. Being creative financially too.

Casey CAN get signed by the Lions. It can happen. Dave Dickenson is offering to help in the financial situation. Wally is blocking the path.
smphantom
Legend

smphantom wrote:So, if Printers did come back to the Lions, would you become a season ticket holder to help put more butts in the seats?
120db - You haven't answered my question.
Last edited by smphantom on Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stay thirsty my friends.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Love to be a fly in the wall in Wally's office these days as Dhaliwal reports Braley wants him to go hard after to Printers.

Braley is reportedly staying out of it for now but is waiting for a phone call from Wally to talk about what kind of money it will take. The Lions have apparently told Medlock they won't come forward with an offer but want to know what is the best deal he has on the table.

Dhaliwal says the Lions would free up the cap space by putting Dickenson on the injury list for the balance of the season. I guarantee it's Braley feeding him this info too.

Dhaliwal added Printers could be signed with a CFL team within 24 hours with the Ti-Cats and Stamps being the most active teams.

I thought along if Printers ended up back in B.C. it would be ownership or the business side of the team's operations doing a lot of the pushing to get it done.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

The CFL needs Printers in Hamilton. Those fans have suffered....they need something or someone to cheer for.
Power-O-O-O-O
Starter

120dB wrote:I understand from Lowell's article today that Dickenson offered to defer $ 200,000 of his salary to next season to help with the salary cap. Then I read that the Lions are blocking that move. It's crazy. This is totally crazy.

The problem here is Wally Buono. He just doesn't want Casey back. Why I don't know, but it makes me mad. And other fans may be losing their patience here.

Dickenson is offering to defer $ 200,000 of his salary to next season to help with the salary cap situation and help mabey help get Printers signed. Dickenson realizes he may not play again this season and he's doing the honorable thing: putting the interests of the team first.

Wally is standing in the way according to what Lowell is saying. This is clearly not acceptable. The Lions should be looking at creative ways to improve their club. Being creative financially too.

Casey CAN get signed by the Lions. It can happen. Dave Dickenson is offering to help in the financial situation. Wally is blocking the path.
Deferring the $200K just puts the Lions in a tighter spot next year. Wally has his reasons for not wanting to defer the salary, and Casey may or may not be one of them.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

http://tsn.ca/cfl/news_story/?ID=217647&hubname=

OK...so what's your guess?? Hamilton I say.