TSN Reports Printers Headed to the CFL

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

almo89
Legend

lion24 wrote:
120dB wrote:Hutch, you're in Fort McMurray? How are you hearing 'NW ?

Probably through the same device you are using to put these messages on this site :thup: I can also get 1040 and NW in Edmonton.
:lol:
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

lion24 wrote:
120dB wrote:Hutch, you're in Fort McMurray? How are you hearing 'NW ?

Probably through the same device you are using to put these messages on this site :thup: I can also get 1040 and NW in Edmonton.
Migawd!!!!!! You mean you can listen to radio on the Internet!!! Hallalujah!!!!!! What will they think of next!!!!! Maybe one day I'll even be able to watch TV on the internet!!!!!! Could that happen in my lifetime? No age comments please. ;-)
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
120dB
Legend

Yeah I know about Internet radio. Just verifying. So, it's all over. Printers is gone forever. Printers will never be in B.C. again. It's finished. Gone. Done deal for another team. Turn off the lights. It's dead. A truly sad day for the Lion organization and the fans (some of them) that such a terrible decision could be made.

So Wally better win the Grey Cup this year with what he has left. He made a decision to deny Printers and now he has to live with the ramifications for his decision
hutch
Champion

CKNW online :thup:
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

I am going to regret this, but.......(deep breath)

120, why are you saying that CP is NOT coming here? It's 50/50 with Hamilton, isn't it?
DerekDD
Starter

120dB wrote:Yeah I know about Internet radio. Just verifying. So, it's all over. Printers is gone forever. Printers will never be in B.C. again. It's finished. Gone. Done deal for another team. Turn off the lights. It's dead. A truly sad day for the Lion organization and the fans (some of them) that such a terrible decision could be made.

So Wally better win the Grey Cup this year with what he has left. He made a decision to deny Printers and now he has to live with the ramifications for his decision
Ever heard of the SMS? It might have something to do with why Wally may not sign Printers.
lion24
Legend

120dB wrote:Yeah I know about Internet radio. Just verifying. So, it's all over. Printers is gone forever. Printers will never be in B.C. again. It's finished. Gone. Done deal for another team. Turn off the lights. It's dead. A truly sad day for the Lion organization and the fans (some of them) that such a terrible decision could be made.

Are you welling up and is there some strange guy in your room playing the violin in the background!!?? :roll: I will take the Grey Cup and Hamilton can improve to 5-6 wins and miss the playoffs!!
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

DerekDD wrote:

Ever heard of the SMS? It might have something to do with why Wally may not sign Printers.
Only Sask flaunts the cap, so we are told.
120dB
Legend

I'm just going by what Hutch said. I haven't heard anything else. Hutch said that 'NW said it's officially over. Done deal for another team. Printers isn't coming to the Lions. I haven't heard or seen any updates....
lion24
Legend

Do you realize the Lions won a Grey Cup last year without Printers and have a chance this year as well? If you are a true Lions fan you would support the team otherwise go cheer for who Printers signs with if you are sooooo distraught :bawl:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Gerry
Legend

lion24 wrote:

Do you realize the Lions won a Grey Cup last year without Printers and have a chance this year as well? If you are a true Lions fan you would support the team otherwise go cheer for who Printers signs with if you are sooooo distraught :bawl:
Not to mention that they are 6-2-1 this year (ahead of last year's pace when they did go on to win the Cup) while having gone through a great deal of adversity injury wise. Despite growing pains with new offencive coordinators and major injuries to Pierce and Dickenson, the team is playing very well. We have nothing to complain about. Printers is not needed because we don't need anything.

Pierce is our number one if DD retires. He has earned that, IMO. There is no room for CP and BP on the Lions. There's no hate for CP on my part, but I just don't see how he fits in.
hutch
Champion

120dB wrote:I'm just going by what Hutch said. I haven't heard anything else. Hutch said that 'NW said it's officially over. Done deal for another team. Printers isn't coming to the Lions. I haven't heard or seen any updates....
All CKNW said was that Wally said they won't be making an offer to Printers.
lion24
Legend

Gerry wrote:
lion24 wrote:

Not to mention that they are 6-2-1 this year (ahead of last year's pace when they did go on to win the Cup) while having gone through a great deal of adversity injury wise. Despite growing pains with new offencive coordinators and major injuries to Pierce and Dickenson, the team is playing very well. We have nothing to complain about. Printers is not needed because we don't need anything.

Pierce is our number one if DD retires. He has earned that, IMO. There is no room for CP and BP on the Lions. There's no hate for CP on my part, but I just don't see how he fits in.
Very well said, I think Pierce has shown he can be a number one qb and he WANTS to be here and I think in time he will make everyone quite happy that he is our qb with his stellar play and even better attitude :thup:
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Boy.... Medlock sure knows how to work the media.

From tomorrow's Globe and Mail article:
Printers, who recently cleared NFL waivers after being released by the Kansas City Chiefs, was believed to be in Toronto, where he awaited instructions from his Texas-based agent, Jason Medlock.

Medlock confirmed he had an offer for Printers and that the 6-foot-2, 222-pound passer was in Canada (Medlock wouldn't say where). "He'll be suiting up this weekend," Medlock said. "He won't play, but he'll be suited up."
The offer, the agent said, would pay Printers "in the $400,000-plus range" a season. Ricky Ray of the Edmonton Eskimos is the top-paid CFL quarterback at $460,000.

While the Hamilton Tiger-Cats are eager to sign Printers, given their quarterbacking woes, the offer in Medlock's hands is not from them. Medlock wouldn't identify which team was the first to pony up a contract, but did say the Calgary Stampeders expressed an interest.

"Calgary has called and they haven't sent me a contract, but they have said what they'd pay," said Medlock, who spoke with Stampeders general manager Jim Barker.

Medlock added that the owners of the Toronto Argonauts were scheduled to meet last night to discuss Printers.

Toronto has Michael Bishop, back after a seven-week layoff with a broken wrist, Rocky Butler, Eric Crouch, Mike McMahon and Damon Allen, who is out with a toe injury and won't be back until late in the season.
So which team is it?

http://www.globesports.com/servlet/stor ... tball/home
Blitz
Team Captain

IF we did sign Printers and that could still be a long shot....he won't be 'fitting in' Gerry! He'll be coming here as the starter. The question will be how will Buck fit in!

Right now we're 6-2, not mainly because of our quarterback play but because of our defense and our running attack. If we try to sign Printers it's because Wally and Company believe that gives us our best chance to win. If we don't try to sign Printers that means that our Leos wish to go with Buck in the future.

With Buck signed for three seasons and an option perhaps they believe they could make it work for a while at least, since Buck was ready to sit behind Dickenson.

Perhaps Casey will sign here but there is a pretty good chance that he won't! Perhaps we'll decide that he is too rich for us, under the SMS. Perhaps we'll decide, at the end of the season, that Jarious has played well enough for us that we decide that we can go with Buck and Jarious next season, and try to get Jarious signed.

I believe our Leos are looking not only at Printers but quarterback depth. Let's face it, we've had Dickenson, Printers, and Buck all injured for stretches of games. We have to believe that Buck can stay healthy enough and that Jarious can get signed and be able to be a quality backup. If not, we have to decide that Buck and the raw rookie Gino could get it done..risky though!

I don't believe, if we choose to go after Printers, and we certainly appear to be interested, that it's just about Printers. It's about having enough quarterback depth to continue to win in the future. It doesn't have to do with this season's record or even what happened last season. The only thing this season really tells us is that we are now starting our third string quarterback and we have an untested rookie, who has only had a couple of CFL snaps in mop up time backing him up. It can't be comforting for Wally.

Heck, we went into the Saskatchewan game at home, with Jarious having only one practice to get ready to be the starter, Gino having no reps, and Bret Anderson as the third stringer. That tells Wally he needs to seriously consider the quarterback situation for the future. Jarious is a big factor in all of this because his ability to be a future second string quarterback is critical to the decision. Another factor is obviously that Dickenson's status for the future is very, very precarious!

Wally, Ackles, O'Billovich, and Braley are doing what they believe is best to continue a winning franchise for Leos fans for a long time. It may be exciting to see how a Gino will do in mop up time but winning franchises over the long haul don't want to be in situations where they are gambling big time with their quarterback position. They need to be confident in their quarterbacks being able to get the job done and being able to count on them for long periods of time.

There is a lot of SMS cap in the quarterback postiions on a CFL team, on our Leos presently, and likely will be in the future. A lack of depth there can be deadly!!!!
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)