CASEY PRINTERS, COME HOME !!!!!!!!!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

120dB wrote:Casey, come home !!!

Wally Buono: you messed up once on this whole Printers debacle, you can't mess up twice. It's time to see the forest from the trees and make the right decision.

Spend less effort on this Boerichter guy and concentrate your time and efforts on bringing in a player (Printers) who will excite the crowd and put butts into seats.

Judging from how small the crowd will be tonight for Montreal, you have reason to put more butts into the seats.

Yes printers needs to get better and smarter, learn better how to read defences. But he's the future. he's talented and exciting. Mildly arrogant, but he wants to win, and he wants the ball.

Wally slipped once on this, he can't slip twice. The opportunity is there.

Printers, come home

Geez. Now I wish you'd go back to talking about NOISE signs instead of talking about the BS. How exactly did Wally mess up?
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Wally Buono: you messed up once on this whole Printers debacle, you can't mess up twice. It's time to see the forest from the trees and make the right decision.

Spend less effort on this Boerichter guy and concentrate your time and efforts on bringing in a player (Printers) who will excite the crowd and put butts into seats.

Judging from how small the crowd will be tonight for Montreal, you have reason to put more butts into the seats.

Yes printers needs to get better and smarter, learn better how to read defences. But he's the future. he's talented and exciting. Mildly arrogant, but he wants to win, and he wants the ball.

Printers, come home
GOOD IDEA!! Cuz, like the Lions really SUCK right now. Grey Cup champions, 6-2-1 record, first place, stable locker room etcetc.

Let's blow all that up and get Printers!. He's the answer to all this misery we are suffering.

GO AWAY 120dB. GO AWAY. You have nothing to say. It must be very cold dark and lonesome in your parent's basement.
nelson95
Legend

We don't need him.

Enjoyed his talents and will welcome him back to playing regularly.

Good luck behind that O-line in TO :lol:
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
Ravi
Legend

Rammer wrote:
Reider wrote:

Printers, come home
Are you the guy that quit Lionbackers a few months ago/last year?

Printers may catch on with another team in the NFL. Don't think that he's automatically coming "home" just yet.
And even if he does not stick in the NFL, he will have the option of going to 8 teams in the CFL, not just one.

:wink:
There won't be 8 teams looking for his service, as the one with Chapdelaine won't get a return call from CP. The TEAM reported that 6 teams were interested in CP's services in the NFL, seems high considering, but CP must have made the decision to avoid the PR knowing some interest was out there. This is his first and last shot at the NFL, so it is now or back to the CFL.

TO just signed Boerigter today, they may have themselves in a difficult situation financially and as has been mentioned here, a 9 game IL for DD would make it feasible for the Lions to find Cap room.
There are no NFL teams that are going to say to Casey, "Come on over and be our third string QB right away." The only NFL opportunities he will have is to be on somebody else's practice roster.
jerepeters
Rookie

I think erregardless we Bring Casey Back we need some serious talent Pierce and J Jackson are jut getting a feel for there talent, :? I was a hugh Printers fan :thup: and I think he can be a CFL great do we want him to be a CFL great in Toronto or some other Canadian team :roll:
BC Lions Fan & Season Ticket holder since 2006
GeroySimonFAN
All Star

if Casey was smart he'd come back to the CFL...but not with BC. We don't need him. Like others said in another thread he is wasting his career away by staying on practice rosters. He will make more money up here in the CFL anyways right?(assuming he is only on practice rosters making 100,000 in the NFL). I read somewhere that Hamilton could land him but most are saying Toronto(they take anybody and everybody)
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

The 6 teams that are interested in securing Printers' services, do you suppose that this is just Jason Medlock blowing smoke again ??
notahomer
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:The 6 teams that are interested in securing Printers' services, do you suppose that this is just Jason Medlock blowing smoke again ??
smoke from BC Bud. I'm not that much of a NFL follower but Atlanta might be a good place for CP's style of play and I'm no Harrington fan.
Rammer
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:The 6 teams that are interested in securing Printers' services, do you suppose that this is just Jason Medlock blowing smoke again ??
We just found out that CP was released, heard that he nixed the idea of going to the PR, had 6 NFL teams show interest in him before the waiver wire reached anywhere, then CP suggesting that the CFL may become an interest after he has looked at the NFL, to today's talk of CP being willing to go to the PR if all else fails.

So in a nutshell, I would say yes Medlock is up to his old tricks of self promotion. CP would be wise to exhaust every avenue to the NFL this season, and reassess for next year, as this is his final shot at his dream.

BTW, I would take CP back in heart beat, just think what he could do with this OL and RB, let alone being brought down a rung or two in the "all about me" department.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Blutarski

Well if he comes back to the CFL at least my Casey Printers BC lions rookie card might be worth a buck.
Reider
Starter

Blutarski wrote:Well if he comes back to the CFL at least my Casey Printers BC lions rookie card might be worth a buck.
Naw.. it would be worth more than that dude... more like a buck and a quarter...

(and if you don't get that, then you're on your own)

:beer:
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

notahomer wrote:
smoke from BC Bud. I'm not that much of a NFL follower but Atlanta might be a good place for CP's style of play and I'm no Harrington fan.
Atlanta would be a very bad fit. Bobby Petrino is a strict drop back pocket passer coach. That's why many expressed surprise that he would be hired by Atlanta with the exact opposite of his prototype QB there. Now that the Vick situation has resulted in Vick's departure (for now anyway) Petrino will work with a guy more to his liking in Harrington who will get decent coaching for the first time in his pro career. If Harrington doesn't pan out I expect Atlanta would do what it takes to be in a position to draft Brian Brohm from Petrino's old school Louisville.

I think Printers would be unwelcome in the Falcons camp, although he would get better coaching than in KC.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

It sounds from TSN's story by Farhan Lalji that Printers is going to accept a spot on the KC PR when/if he clears waivers on Sunday(today). CP spoke with Farhan Saturday morning. CP believes he still has a chance to play with Huard not 100% and Croyle struggling.

He won't get to another NFL team as they'd have to put on their active roster to do this, just like what occurred last year.

Wally Buono stated that if Printers decides to come north 'all 8 teams will be interested' in him ergo, BC Lions also.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

I do wonder if the waiving of Printers is one of those roster juggling moves on KC's behalf that has more to do with protecting a player for another position than it was about releasing a QB. KC also waived Jeff Terrell leaving them with only 2 QBs on the roster, Huard and Croyle. But the Chiefs left themselves short by keeping only two quarterbacks. Casey Printers and Jeff Terrell were released. I found this in the KC Star today.

“You’d like to have three quarterbacks, but in our situation right now because of some other positions, we have to go into the game with only two,â€
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Toppy Vann wrote:It sounds from TSN's story by Farhan Lalji that Printers is going to accept a spot on the KC PR when/if he clears waivers on Sunday(today). CP spoke with Farhan Saturday morning. CP believes he still has a chance to play with Huard not 100% and Croyle struggling.

He won't get to another NFL team as they'd have to put on their active roster to do this, just like what occurred last year.
I don't think Printers' situation in KC is all that bad given Huard's health and Croyle's inexperience and inconsistency to date. While he isn't on the active roster today he's still for all intents #3. Huard may be entering his 11th season but the reality is he's no more than a 34 year old journeyman career backup. He has 533 career pass attempts and nearly half of them (244) came last season. He had 289 attempts to show for his first 9 years and the NFL and only 1 in the previous 5 seasons. Croyle of course is a sophomore with potential but lacking experience. It would seem that KC's QB situation is precarious at best as it sits now. One good lick on Huard and Printers would be #2. Some inconsistency and ineffectiveness on Croyle's behalf and CP could be taking snaps. Depending on Huard's condition later in the week it would not surprise me that should CP accept a PR spot he could very well be activated for the season opener. That of course could all change in the next 24 hours as teams scour over the waiver wire. One would have to think a name like Jaguar cut Bryan Leftwich would be very attractive for a team like KC. Although no other names stand out there still may be another QB or two out there KC would be interested in for #3.

Those final cuts are the toughest and in reality the team wants to retain the rights to the 53 they can keep as well as a handful of the other players on the bubble. So when reducing rosters they also often gamble a bit by waiving players they feel are more likely to clear waivers. Claiming and activating a young QB is not an easy decision for a team when they know he will need several weeks in their system before they can really use him. Thus it becomes less risky to release a young QB than it is to release a young DB or LB. The DB or LB likely stands a greater chance of being claimed.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.