CASEY PRINTERS, COME HOME !!!!!!!!!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

120dB
Legend

Good grief, did you not hear that Printers was actually CUT from the KC roster???????????

Cut from the roster folks. Read. Cut means cut.
Gerry
Legend

"Come" home?

Isn't he from Texas? Where are "we"?
Enough is enough.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

120dB wrote:Good grief, did you not hear that Printers was actually CUT from the KC roster???????????

Cut from the roster folks. Read. Cut means cut.
Have you heard of roster moves ?
stansz
Champion

apparenlty now he rejects a PR spot
jeez...im a huge printers fan..but even bigger bc lions fan..so no thanks
pumped!!!
120dB
Legend

1. I can differentiate between a roster move and being cut. A roster move means you get promoted or demoted to another position within the team, much like changing a job classification in a job in the real world.

Cut means you're fired.

2. Yes, I can differentiate between right and left and if you all just wanna attack anyone on here who asks a simple question as to whether a particular QB is a right or left handed thrower then gladly don't bother replying to the thread if you have nothing helpful or sensible to say.

3. I'll decline the offer about making a right and left banner; I have better things to do with my time and I wouldn't want Printers to see that when he runs into BC Place on the 15th wearing either a Lions jersey or an Argos jersey
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

If I were a betting man, I'd put money on him landing in Hamilton.
Blitz
Team Captain

I'll take it!!! How much?? :wink:
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

120dB wrote:Cut means you're fired.
Yes and no. If the team has no intention of keeping you at all then cut means you're fired, bye-bye, bring in the green garbage bag and clean out your locker. However to use your own words if they want to make a "roster move" to "demote" you to the practice squad then they have to cut...I mean "fire" you. Teams cannot simply declare their 53 man roster at final cut down day and transfer 8 other players to the practice squad. For a player to be added to the practice squad where he earns $4700/week the following steps must occur:
1) The player must first be cut, released, waived or fired ......pick your favourite term.
2) The player must be placed on waivers for 24 hours.
3) IF no other team claims the player during the waiver term his former team can OFFER him a practice squad spot.
4) The player then has the option to accept or decline the practice squad offer.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Rammer
Team Captain

Blitz wrote:
I'll take it!!! How much?? :wink:
I am in also, remember CP has his choice and if it were me in his shoes, that would not be the destination of choice, TO all the way.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

Hamilton can pretty much hand him the starting job while releasing Maas.

Bishop just returned and you've got that guy.........Damon Allen. If Allen retires, then Toronto becomes destination #1.

Will DA or Bishop play 2nd fiddle to Printers?
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

120dB wrote: I'll decline the offer about making a right and left banner; I have better things to do with my time and I wouldn't want Printers to see that when he runs into BC Place on the 15th wearing either a Lions jersey or an Argos jersey
Care to wager on that ?
ThreeTimesOneMinusOne
Champion

I've always taken the Casey Printers is a cancer talk with a grain of salt, because I felt a lot of it had to do with his agent. But, I heard a clip of Rob Murphy on Team 1040 today, and he said that he asked his teammates about Casey and they told him that "he was nothing but problems". He'd also said he'd never met Printers in his life and he has no agenda against him, but yet he still said that and that was what he was told. So, it really was an eyebrow-raiser. If you could be a fly on the wall in that dressing room...

I wouldn't have counted on him coming back here, regardless.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

120dB wrote:1. I can differentiate between a roster move and being cut. A roster move means you get promoted or demoted to another position within the team, much like changing a job classification in a job in the real world.

Cut means you're fired.

2. Yes, I can differentiate between right and left and if you all just wanna attack anyone on here who asks a simple question as to whether a particular QB is a right or left handed thrower then gladly don't bother replying to the thread if you have nothing helpful or sensible to say.

3. I'll decline the offer about making a right and left banner; I have better things to do with my time and I wouldn't want Printers to see that when he runs into BC Place on the 15th wearing either a Lions jersey or an Argos jersey
It's not a particular QB junior....it's the QB FOR YOUR FRIGGIN' TEAM!!!! You not knowing what hand he throws with proves you have absolutely no interest or clue and makes your comments and suggestions even more worthless than I originally had thought.
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

Canuck_4_Life wrote:Hamilton can pretty much hand him the starting job while releasing Maas.

Bishop just returned and you've got that guy.........Damon Allen. If Allen retires, then Toronto becomes destination #1.

You can't just cut Maas. He's now eligible for his full contract for 2007. Trade him maybe, but who will want a $300K+ back up QB?

Easier said than done.
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

Blue In BC wrote:
Canuck_4_Life wrote:Hamilton can pretty much hand him the starting job while releasing Maas.

You can't just cut Maas. He's now eligible for his full contract for 2007. Trade him maybe, but who will want a $300K+ back up QB?

Easier said than done.
Whoever decides to take Printers, assuming someone does, will have to fork some money over to the league for violating the SMS.

Perhaps releasing Maas isn't the easiest, but I'm sure there are ways around the SMS to free up what's left of his contract, outside of putting him on the 9 game list.