Cahoon vs Clermont

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

watching Cahoon the last 2 weeks, I found myself realizing that reluctantly, this montreal player is moving up the list of my favorite canadians. Which made me automatically think of Jason. What I want to know is, when is Jason gonna kick a field goal :yes:
squishy35
Legend

Why settle for a FG when he gets you TD's? :yes:
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

:whs:
2012 Season Ticket Holder
almo89
Legend

Cahoon is awesome. He plays so hard and he has sure hands like LION82. Even though he's not that big, he still makes big catches. It's amazing to see someone that small break tackles.
CartWheelFan
All Star

I'd still have to go with JC, not that Cahoon isn't impressive in his play, but look back to last season, coming back from his injury, the impact that Clermont made in the Western Final, I think performances like that really make Jason stand out above the rest.
LFITQ
Team Captain

Straight up I take Cahoon. He just finds the ways to get open. Look at the last drive tonight for Montreal. Everyone in the park knows Calvillo is looking for Cahoon and sure enough he finds him Cahoon, even knowing everyone is looking to him (including the defence) still gets open.

Now this is no slight to JC at all. I think it is just two really good players at different points in their careers. When JC has the seasons under his belt (not to mention time with a single QB!!!) I'm quite sure he will hit his stride (and then look out!).

So for right now, I would take Cahoon. But for future opportunities I would take JC - the potential is just so high.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Cahoon is my favourite non-Lion CFLer, Clermont my favourite Lion. I'd rather have Clermont cuz I like the way he can RUN over tacklers. One of those receivers that is looking for contact almost more than he seems to want the ball.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

LFITQ wrote:Straight up I take Cahoon. He just finds the ways to get open. Look at the last drive tonight for Montreal. Everyone in the park knows Calvillo is looking for Cahoon and sure enough he finds him Cahoon, even knowing everyone is looking to him (including the defence) still gets open.

Now this is no slight to JC at all. I think it is just two really good players at different points in their careers. When JC has the seasons under his belt (not to mention time with a single QB!!!) I'm quite sure he will hit his stride (and then look out!).

So for right now, I would take Cahoon. But for future opportunities I would take JC - the potential is just so high.
That's a pretty good point, LFITQ. It would be interesting to think about how the careers of these receivers would have evolved/would be evolving had they played on opposite teams so far.

JC has so far caught the pass from (or at least shared the field with) Damon Allen, Rickey Foggie, Dave Dickenson, Spergon Wynn, Casey Printers, Buck Pierce and Jarious Jackson. That's 7 QBs in less than 6 full seasons, all of whom -- with the possible exception of Foggie and Wynn -- have had significant reps.

Cahoon has played with Anthony Calvillo, and... er... uh... well, there was that DE-sized guy who took a few snaps after AC got hurt in the 2004 EF.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
I_Bleed_Orange
Starter

For me, Cahoon is the opponent that I most dread in the CFL. If the man is on the field, there is a very good chance that something will go right for the Alouettes. I do agree that a lot of credit needs to be given to the amount of time that he has put in with Calvillo.

I don't quite see JC as the one Lion that other teams fear the most. Maybe that is because he is on our side. Don't get me wrong - there are many times that Clermont has been the clutch guy who made the difference taking and dishing out big hits to make outstanding catches.

Who would I like to see on my team for the next 5 years? #82 ! I hope Wally sees it that way after the season is over.
I'm feelin' fine
Sitting in Row A - Sec 39

http://picasaweb.google.com/SayYesToFun
Scottish Leos Fan
Starter

squishy35 wrote:Why settle for a FG when he gets you TD's? :yes:
:yes: :thup: :s: I like Cahoon he is one of my favourite non-lions. My favourtie though is Jesse Lumsden. He is going to have a great CFL career. I love watching him run people over. Clermont is solid & obviously so far this year has been a go -to guy.
Lets Go Lions!