Tailgate for Friday game against Winnipeg

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

Gerry
Legend

What does everybody figure on doing this Friday?

I know that a few people (myself included) were a bit pissed that Impark is gouging us for $25 after 3 PM. Who knows, it may be 2 PM this week, as the "gouge time" changes regularly.

I like the Impark location and it does seem popular with people who don't necessarily post here thus making for a bigger group, but I would like to see the whole "group" of old get back together at a place that we can agree on, have a few discreet cold ones, and light up a barbeque.

Bob was down to Impark last game and Derek popped by the game before, but it would be nice to see Dale and Bosco and some of the others that we don't see at Impark.

I realize that there's some politics going on as well, although I'd prefer to stay out of it. Surely we can get along, people.

What do the rest of you think? I know the roof top location is fenced off and the last I saw, we can't go there. How are things at the Beatty Street EasyPark? Can we barbeque there? I heard about someone getting run off by security with dogs. Is that true?

I'd just like to try something that gets us all together again.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Gerry wrote:What does everybody figure on doing this Friday?

I know that a few people (myself included) were a bit pissed that Impark is gouging us for $25 after 3 PM. Who knows, it may be 2 PM this week, as the "gouge time" changes regularly.

I like the Impark location and it does seem popular with people who don't necessarily post here thus making for a bigger group, but I would like to see the whole "group" of old get back together at a place that we can agree on, have a few discreet cold ones, and light up a barbeque.

Bob was down to Impark last game and Derek popped by the game before, but it would be nice to see Dale and Bosco and some of the others that we don't see at Impark.

I realize that there's some politics going on as well, although I'd prefer to stay out of it. Surely we can get along, people.

What do the rest of you think? I know the roof top location is fenced off and the last I saw, we can't go there. How are things at the Beatty Street EasyPark? Can we barbeque there? I heard about someone getting run off by security with dogs. Is that true?

Hi Gerry. I feel your pain. Yes we were run off for BBQing from the movie lot but drinking is OK. Go figure. Im taking L24 and Rachel on a pub crawl starting at 4:30 at the Kingston 20% off food and the start of the Sask Toronto game, 1040 BBQ, Street Party and then finally down to the trolls under the bridge . Join us if you can. Thnx BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
lion24
Legend

Ballistic Bob wrote:

Hi Gerry. I feel your pain. Yes we were run off for BBQing from the movie lot but drinking is OK. Go figure. Im taking L24 and Rachel on a pub crawl starting at 4:30 at the Kingston 20% off food and the start of the Sask Toronto game, 1040 BBQ, Street Party and then finally down to the trolls under the bridge . Join us if you can. Thnx BB
Be careful Bob; Rachael and I are pretty cheap drunks!!!! :lol: :lol: I would like to SEE the game :wink: :wink:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

I'll be at Impark on Friday. You haven't seen me because this is my first regular season game appearance. I too am peeved at the gouge pricing at Impark.

So because we don't BBQ, we'll park at the QE and walk down. Last time it cost me $12 which was up from $7 last year. That might have been because I arrived a few minutes before 5:00 and they charged me for an extra hour. Either way, every lot increased prices.

It's the price of popularity of the Lions. Ironically, I think it keeps some fans away when the price of parking is more than the cost of a ticket.

Lions can't control it, but I wish they would negotiate some deals for their ST holders.
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

Cost of my entertainment, plain and simple. Do I like it? Nope...but it's one of the last places that allows us to hold a real tailgate, not some glorified beer garden where you can get a hot dog and get your face painted and a balloon.

I'll be under the bridge as usual Gerry. Albeit a little later this week I think.

I think you can chalk some of this up to the onetimers that showed up at the WDF last year only to leave the lot in a bloody mess. Someone needs to clean that up, and they aren't doing it for free. impark is doing it because they can. The city is the one who should limit the gouging.
Last edited by OrangeShoes99 on Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
lion24
Legend

OrangeShoes99 wrote:Cost of my entertainment, plain and simple. Do I like it? Nope...but it's one of the last places that allows us to hold a real tailgate, not some glorified beer garden where you can get a hot dog and get your face painted and a balloon.

I'll be under the bridge as usual Gerry. Albeit a little later this week I think.

I think you can chalk some of this up to the onetimers that showed up at the WDF last year only to leave the lot in a bloody mess. Someone needs to clean that up, and they aren't doing it for free. impark is doing it because they can. The city is the one who should limit the gouging.
But I was looking so forward to getting a balloon and my face painted!! :wink: :wink:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Gerry
Legend

I don't always barbeque but it doesn't seem like a real tailgater unless someone has one going and for those that want to, I'd like to be at that place so that the group is together.

So, it sounds to me like it's back to being under the Cambie St. bridge. The price is steep but we have not been hassled there at all since I've been going there. I just have to get over Impark making more money off me than the Lions do. :shock:
pinkfreud

Blue In BC wrote:Parking off site and " pooling " might be something the regulars could work out.
Well one thing I notice is that people like Bob and Brian are extremely generous - they set up their BBQ's and cook up food that they hand out to everyone free of charge. My thought is that if you choose to park off site and walk down and expect to partake in the BBQ scene, you should be offering these guys $3-5 towards their parking (let alone the food and propane and trouble). It's not fair if they pay the $25 and then be expected to cook for and feed people on top of that. They're such generous guys that they would do that and never ask for any money, but it's only right that they be compensated. If you choose to park off site and don't eat their stuff or use their BBQ, obviously there's no need to compensate.

That reminds me, I owe Brian some plastic cups.
Last edited by pinkfreud on Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

pinkfreud wrote:
Blue In BC wrote:Parking off site and " pooling " might be something the regulars could work out.
Well one thing I notice is that people like Bob and Brian are extremely generous - they set up their BBQ's and cook up food that they hand out to everyone free of charge. My thought is that if you choose to park off site and walk down and expect to partake in the BBQ scene, you should be offering these guys $3-5 towards their parking (let alone the food and propone and trouble). It's not fair if they pay the $25 and then be expected to cook for and feed people on top of that. They're such generous guys that they would do that and never ask for any money, but it's only right that they be compensated. If you choose to park off site and don't eat their stuff or use their BBQ, obviously there's no need to compensate.

That reminds me, I owe Brian some plastic cups.
Thnx Pink for the props. I know in my early days with the Lionbackers I would donate a propane bottle or two to the generous chefs. I enjoy BBQing so not a problem but id never turn down a cold one. BB
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

Just a correction here. :) While I appreciate the kind words Susan, I don't cook for everyone. It depends what the deal is but there is usually some extra, and if people would like some, they are more than welcome to eat it up. That or I will give it to one of the homeless people.

I offer my cooler, to people, some supplies like cups, and a place for garbage. a place to store your purse, whatever...I'm always happy to help. I'll always offer a newbie/out of towner a brew. I don't need any money from anyone. If someone wants to bring some cups and throw them in my supply drawer, thats great.

In the past we have had theme nights etc. This year, I just choose to do my thing.
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

BTW. Did we get back the section 17 BBQ that Shaun had IIRC?
I_Bleed_Orange
Starter

Ticket in Section 39 -- $50
Return trip from Victoria -- $180
Parking at the Impark lot -- $25
Hanging out at the Lion's tailgate -- Priceless

See you under the Cambie Bridge on Friday!!
I'm feelin' fine
Sitting in Row A - Sec 39

http://picasaweb.google.com/SayYesToFun
Ballistic Bob
Legend

lion24 wrote:
OrangeShoes99 wrote:Cost of my entertainment, plain and simple. Do I like it? Nope...but it's one of the last places that allows us to hold a real tailgate, not some glorified beer garden where you can get a hot dog and get your face painted and a balloon.

But I was looking so forward to getting a balloon and my face painted!! :wink: :wink:
Dont you worry Shawn. That is on the tour. Bomber paint for you and Lion paint for Rachael :lol:
D
Team Captain

lion24 wrote: Be careful Bob; Rachael and I are pretty cheap drunks!!!! :lol: :lol: I would like to SEE the game :wink: :wink:
It's Rachel that will want to be loaded for the game :wink:

I'm not sure what Shelly and I are donig yet but I assure you pImpark won't be getting $25 from me .... once the saturday games roll around maybe we can get down there early enough to avoid the gouge
I own The Grey Cup! .com
pinkfreud

I think lion24 and his honey's tailgate debut is a really good reason for everyone to amalgamate. After all, they live in Edmonton the poor bunnies.

:yes: