Tailgate for Friday game against Winnipeg

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

LFITQ
Team Captain

Just a query for those of you that have been to Calgary tailgates ...

It is my understanding that where the tailgates are situated it just isn't feasible for people to park near the TG'er action - am I correct?

If so, then don't the majority of people that do go to the Calgary tailgates park in other locales and all just congregate at the one location?

How is the food/drink supply situation handled there?

Perhaps we can look to Calgary to help us out here and have a good tailgate with everyone there and not everyone will have to get gouged by Impark (sucks).

I am really hoping we can get it all worked out by Sept 15th as I am working on getting a special guest to come to the tailgate with me for that game and it would be GREAT if we had all the details worked out by then to put on a good show.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Rick James
Legend

sept 15 is going to be epic! A whole beef tenderloin spinning on a spit all day.
lion24
Legend

pinkfreud wrote:I think lion24 and his honey's tailgate debut is a really good reason for everyone to amalgamate. After all, they live in Edmonton the poor bunnies.

:yes:
:wss: Exactly; hopefully I can actually get out of Edmonton and to the airport because it seems like every road and backroad for that matter is under construction or I will have to hook up my horse and buggy to get there :lol: :lol:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

lol i know what ur talking about lol
i was there in april
2012 Season Ticket Holder
lion24
Legend

Dan_Payne_fan!! wrote:lol i know what ur talking about lol
i was there in april
Sorry to hear that Brian :wink: :wink: They should offer free alignments in the city as well with all the potholes! :bang:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Gerry
Legend

LFITQ wrote:Just a query for those of you that have been to Calgary tailgates ...

It is my understanding that where the tailgates are situated it just isn't feasible for people to park near the TG'er action - am I correct?

If so, then don't the majority of people that do go to the Calgary tailgates park in other locales and all just congregate at the one location?

How is the food/drink supply situation handled there?

Perhaps we can look to Calgary to help us out here and have a good tailgate with everyone there and not everyone will have to get gouged by Impark (sucks).

I am really hoping we can get it all worked out by Sept 15th as I am working on getting a special guest to come to the tailgate with me for that game and it would be GREAT if we had all the details worked out by then to put on a good show.
I'm glad you brought this up because that was one of the things that prompted this thread.

There was a guy (a Bomber fan) on the Zone I think asking where we tailgated here (because he's coming to the game) and he wanted to meet Ritch and Bob. What am I going to do? Tell him that Ritch is under the bridge and Bob might be, but that he's usually in the movie lot? Send him to two tailgates because we're all pissy with each other, or are nickle and diming over parking rates?

Based on what I've read here, and a couple of PMs I've gotten, I think our best bet is to stick with the Cambie lot. There's more room. We can barbeque. There are more other Lion fans there to get to know. We have cover if it rains.

The only thing that sucks is the price. And if we get together and organize something, we can mitigate that. If we want to, that is.
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

I think it's better to not rock the boat personally. I tried to do the right thing and work with Easy Park and they ended up deciding they didn't want it period. Currrently Impark is letting us tailgate. I see no reason to try draw anymore attention to the situation.

Just my 2 cents.
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
Gerry
Legend

OrangeShoes99 wrote:I think it's better to not rock the boat personally. I tried to do the right thing and work with Easy Park and they ended up deciding they didn't want it period. Currrently Impark is letting us tailgate. I see no reason to try draw anymore attention to the situation.

Just my 2 cents.
I'm not making any banners, Brian. I just wanted an in house discussion. Nor am I saying that we should organize to cheat Impark.

But we could put a few select vehicles in the tailgate lot for people to store a cooler or food or a barbeque in during the game that people could count on, and then not everyone would have to bring a car (to that lot anyway). Some might want to Skytrain it or park a few blocks away where it's cheaper and walk and still want to tailgate.

I know that you would do that anyway, and have done so in the past.

Impark knows darn well that people like to TG there and that that is why they're charging $25 when they only charge $18 in their lot right at the stadium. I'm just saying that for those of us who are really put out by the price, we can work something out, and hopefully get the group back together.
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

That's cool Gerry, I wasn't saying you were going to make any banners. Some others are suggesting we try and cut a deal with Impark. All I was saying is we best let a sleeping dog lie in that regard. If people want to organize to save money amongst themselves, theres nothing wrong with that.
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
pinkfreud

Gerry wrote:But we could put a few select vehicles in the tailgate lot for people to store a cooler or food or a barbeque in during the game that people could count on, and then not everyone would have to bring a car (to that lot anyway). Some might want to Skytrain it or park a few blocks away where it's cheaper and walk and still want to tailgate.
I think that's a good idea Gerry. I'd be willing to put $$ into a collective pot of some kind that you guys decide on - depending on how much as I'm a girl on a budget now.
Gerry
Legend

pinkfreud wrote:
Gerry wrote:But we could put a few select vehicles in the tailgate lot for people to store a cooler or food or a barbeque in during the game that people could count on, and then not everyone would have to bring a car (to that lot anyway). Some might want to Skytrain it or park a few blocks away where it's cheaper and walk and still want to tailgate.
I think that's a good idea Gerry. I'd be willing to put $$ into a collective pot of some kind that you guys decide on - depending on how much as I'm a girl on a budget now.
It's not about the money for me, even though I did express some displeasure at the increased rates.

I'm more interested in everyone getting together. When you have Derek, Bosco and his clan, BB, Dale, Rammer and his crew, LFITQ, Solar and Kim and others all together with the group we've had lately at the Cambie lot it's a lot more fun and it doesn't feel like there's something missing.

If the Impark rates are an issue to getting that group back together, then I'm looking for ways to make it happen. If it's politics, I'm saying that we should live and let live. Members of any group will sometimes disagree and get pissed with each other. That's normal. But the group is better off together to get the disagreements out of the way. And the group suffers if we split up.

My sons bus it or park elsewhere and congregate at my truck. Pacific sometimes stores a little bit of her stuff in my truck during the game. Ritch has parked his beer in my cooler. Those people can count on me for that, and others could as well if they want. My truck will hold quite a bit more.

Bosco. You could drive down, drop off what you want at my truck, and park in Chinatown if you like. Derek can do the same. Or Skytrain it. One day I may not have the truck with me, but I'll want to throw a dozen in someone else's cooler for the afternoon. Let's just get together and have the one really great Lions fans tailgate.
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

Being one of the few that doesn't drive to games for various reasons, it's re-assuring to know that people (you know who you are) are willing to let me leave my bag in their vehicle during the game.

As for getting the entire crew together, I'd like to see it happen, however, I'm not holding my breath. I can only speak for myself, but I'll put aside any grudges I may have with someone (none of the regular TGers, at the moment) for a couple hours and be somewhat sociable.
bbgirl
Legend

I'm bringing a guest all the way from Wales to the game Sept 15th. Good times.
pacific
All Star

Don't forget to pick up something for the tackle hunger night.