Bullet of a throw.......

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

BEEECEEE
All Star

with absolute no football sense. Pretty much sums up Jarious Jackson.
Formely sfu_guy
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

Hate to say it but he's another Mike Bishop... but not quite as bad as Burris.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Larry Key wrote:Hate to say it but he's another Spergeon Wynn... but not quite as bad as Burris.
Fixed.
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

cromartie wrote:
Larry Key wrote:Hate to say it but he's another Spergeon Wynn... but not quite as bad as Burris.
Fixed.
:rotf: OK, thats a better comparison!
The Pez
Starter

No "CONTROL" over the game.
.G.
All Star

it's odd, ive never had so many people compliment/make comments towards my jersey as i did tonight. some examples were

"i wish he were here still"

"they could have used him tonight"

"i thought they said jarious was better than him!"

anyways, he looked great at times scrambling, but really has yet to grasp either the game or it just isnt quite clicking for jarious (but not using jow smith certainly wasn't his fault)
MABEY!
hexx

I'm guessing you wear a Dickenson jersey?

Yep, all the ignorant "fans" in this town who like to bad mouth him are getting their wish right about now.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

I'm thinking .G has a "1" jersey...just a guess though.
Balraj
All Star

To say that he has no football sense is going to far. Yes he's struggled but the only way he will get better is with game reps.
MacNews
Team Captain

He didn't look that bad, he just needs more practice with the first team offence. And more reps during games.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Balraj wrote:To say that he has no football sense is going to far. Yes he's struggled but the only way he will get better is with game reps.
Agreed. It was not all Jarious' doing, even if he did deflect criticism onto the team in his post game interview.

Some other thoughts from the Post game show, and some of my own:

1) Angus Reid and Kelly Bates very unhappy about the O-Line's performance.
2) Guilio (Chris Burns) questioning why we once more abandoned the running game with the league leading 'back.
3) Wally claiming that we ran enough, especially in the first half. (I just watched the DVD again and...uh...no.)
4) Defence was dog tired, and we saw shots of Johnson and Williams on the bench in the 4th quarter while on D.
5) LFITQ noted that when we rush 3, squat happens. Rush 4, and Joseph is on the run. Rush more than that, ineffective.
6) Javy Glatt looked out of his element at times to me tonight, especially against Cates. That will cure itself, likely.
7) The Offence is simply not executing no matter what is called.
8.) Clermont dropped a couple, and Simon was used little, except on one sideline pattern, and an 11 yard out.
9) Paris Jackson has really stepped up and become a leader.

This was irrelevant to the better team winning tonight, but the officiating here and in Montreal this evening was horrid.
.G.
All Star

Solar Max wrote:I'm thinking .G has a "1" jersey...just a guess though.
good guess; though im not here to bash JJ merely reporting on what was said to me at the game

with more reps he will improve; i think with the similarities the two share, many expected him to be very similar, its too early to write off JJ as a starter at the moment, if he falters in the next couple games i would start to be concerned

and ffs, wally run the damn ball!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

With all due respect to all the Jarius Jackson fans out there, I'm not impressed by his performance tonight. On the positives he read the blitz and threw to the right receivers, and was able to scramble out of some sticky situation. On the negative he continues to demonstrate what he has demonstrated in his limited playing time. He continues to miss wide open receivers, either underthrowing and overthrowing. He has no touch on his passes. His passes were on a rope all night. Several times receivers had to go on their hand and knees to scoop up passes from the turf. A couple of his interceptions wouldn't have happened if he put a little air on his pass and let the receiver run under it, instead of gunning it in there.
Last edited by TheLionKing on Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:With all due respect to all the Jarius Jackson fans out there, I'm not impressed by his performance tonight. On the positives he read the blitz and threw to the right receivers, and was able to scramble out of some sticky situation. On the negative he continues to demonstrate what he has demonstrated in his limited playing time. He continues to miss wide open receivers, either underthrowing and overthrowing. He has no touch on his passes. His passes were on a rope all night. Several times receivers had to go on their hand and knees to scoop up passes from the turf. A couple of his interceptions wouldn't have happened if he put a little air on his pass and let the receiver run under it, instead of gunning it in their.
I agree with this assessment. The most distressing part was how many times this guy under threw a 5 yard out. No touch is the right way to say it. He looked completely out of sync tonight and the abandonment of the run game didn't help the situation. The play calling tonight was befuddling at times. Why throw a hitch to Simon in the 2nd Q on your own 10 yard line with 20 seconds on the clock, only to kneel down the following play? A pass that could be picked when you are trying to run out the clock??? On the other hand, we have our loss and now maybe that can act as a catalyst for some change. It is hard to complain when you play poorly but still win. Well, today, we saw poor play and it resulted in a loss.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Luke
All Star

TheLionKing wrote:With all due respect to all the Jarius Jackson fans out there, I'm not impressed by his performance tonight. On the positives he read the blitz and threw to the right receivers, and was able to scramble out of some sticky situation. On the negative he continues to demonstrate what he has demonstrated in his limited playing time .He continues to miss wide open receivers, either underthrowing and overthrowing. He has no touch on his passes. His passes were on a rope all night. Several times receivers had to go on their hand and knees to scoop up passes from the turf. A couple of his interceptions wouldn't have happened if he put a little air on his pass and let the receiver run under it, instead of gunning it in their.
Totally agree LionKing. Especially with the bolded part. I didn't see all of the game tonight, but in the games I've seen Jarious play, his passes have certainly looked as you described them.