Extra ticket(s) available in Sec 17, Th Aug 2 vs Roughriders

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

Rammer
Team Captain

Canuck_4_Life wrote:Everybody makes their own choices in their lives and with those choices come ramifications, good bad or indifferent.

With you guys being "much older" (your words, not mine) than me, you should have a lot more disposable income than me. Disposable income generally allows you the ability to buy more liquor or whatever.

Let me put it to you this way: a 6 pack of Stella is about 1hr of work, pre-tax.

While you, specifically, would rather drink, I prefer the more material things in life (Oakleys, ipods and so on). If that means that my definition of "dragging myself into work" differs than yours, then so be it. It probably also involves the line of work I'm in. Working with heavy machinery during the day generally affects how much and what you ingest into your body.

You judge me (and you haven't been discreet about it either), I don't judge you for making your choices.
You have taken anything said way beyond where it was intended to go, so rather than get worked up into a lather here, I will keep the 5 PM shadow.

As for disposable income, it was never better than when you are single, without kids and a mortgage on top of Hydro, Gas, and property taxes. Enjoy yourself Jay, you are doing fine.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Umm, Jay, they're not talking about choices... they're talking about hangovers.

Going in to work with a hangover is a lot harder than going in to work with an iPod and Oakleys.

They're saying they have no sympathy for you missing the post-game TGer with the excuse of "dragging yourself in to work".
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

Holy smokes Jay.....it was all said in fun......and I was poking myself for the lengths that we go at the games.

Rammer hit the nail on the head....but apologies if you feel I was "judging you" I guess there has to be a PC way of dragging yourself into work now.

Sorry BB....stuck on the Island for work.....another week to go :sigh:

:beer:
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Ah, there's the "Suck" avy I was talking about the other day.

How did we go from my spare ticket to mortgages and hangovers? :hypno:

Maybe next time I'll just delete the post when I close...
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

Soundy wrote:Umm, Jay, they're not talking about choices... they're talking about hangovers.
Cause and effect.
You drink excessively on a weeknight, therefore you are most likely hungover going into work. Speaking specifically for myself, if I were to go in hungover, there's a chance that I kill someone. Honestly, I'm not willing to take that chance. Next Friday, of course, could be a completely different story.

I was never looking for sympathy. The day I look for sympathy from anyone will be the day I stab myself in the eye.

I got a call at 4:30am, asking if I could start early. I show up at 5am, work 11hrs and have to deal with someone who wasn't even at the game, questioning my choicess. Just the way I want to start a long weekend......... :roll:

I know that my life, contrary to what some believe, is a good one. Sure, there's the usual bs that I have to deal with, but would I trade that for a wife, kids, mortgage and even more bills than I have to deal with now?

Not on your life.
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

I'm actually at peace with myself and have been all day long.
Rammer
Team Captain

Canuck_4_Life wrote:
Soundy wrote:Umm, Jay, they're not talking about choices... they're talking about hangovers.
Cause and effect.
You drink excessively on a weeknight, therefore you are most likely hungover going into work. Speaking specifically for myself, if I were to go in hungover, there's a chance that I kill someone. Honestly, I'm not willing to take that chance. Next Friday, of course, could be a completely different story.

I was never looking for sympathy. The day I look for sympathy from anyone will be the day I stab myself in the eye.

I got a call at 4:30am, asking if I could start early. I show up at 5am, work 11hrs and have to deal with someone who wasn't even at the game, questioning my choicess. Just the way I want to start a long weekend......... :roll:

I know that my life, contrary to what some believe, is a good one. Sure, there's the usual bs that I have to deal with, but would I trade that for a wife, kids, mortgage and even more bills than I have to deal with now?

Not on your life.
You are too young to suggest that right now, wait until Ms Right comes along and then you will find that love is blind, and a wife is a real eye opener. :wink:
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

How young do you think I am?
Soundy
Hall of Famer

You're as young as you feel. I often feel like a 19-year-old. Or two ;)
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Rammer
Team Captain

Canuck_4_Life wrote:How young do you think I am?
26?