Official BC at Calgary Game Day Thread - July 28

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Robbie
Hall of Famer

BC has started the season at 4-0. Do you remember the last two times they started off the season with this record? Of course, I'm sure we all remember 2005 when they started off the season at 11-0. But prior to that, I believe it was 20 years ago when the Lions started at 4-0 before dropping a close fifth game. Let's see if the Lions can start off the season with five straight wins. Chat away.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

LETS GO LIONS!
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Rammer
Team Captain

It would be a nice win to be sure, in one of division rivals stadiums along with seperating us by 2 games from the nearest Western opponent. If Buck plays the game without injury, we will have a good shot at this one. Otherwise I suspect that the OL isn't playing well enough and neither QB will get enough time, nor will our running game be producing. Alot rests on our OL, they are finally going to be accountable for a victory, moreso than the D today, IMO.
Entertainment value = an all time low
lion24
Legend

Dan_Payne_fan!! wrote:LETS GO LIONS!
:whs: I will just agree with this statement and forget about ragging on the team for once :roll: :roll: :lol:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Why isn't the pregame show being broadcast on team1040.ca? I'm hearing ESPN Radio on the team1040 online player. Huh?
Rammer
Team Captain

Lions4ever wrote:Why isn't the pregame show being broadcast on team1040.ca? I'm hearing ESPN Radio on the team1040 online player. Huh?
Just checked and I hear Rick Ball on the pregame show...??
Entertainment value = an all time low
maddeep73
Champion

Anyone gonna be in the chat room during?
Keepin' it real
LFITQ
Team Captain

Just got a phone call from the Red and White room in Calgary.

The Lions are pumped and they (from the coach all the way down) want this one really bad!!

:rockin: :rockin:
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

1040 audio is a good 4-5 sec ahead of CBC. The play is nearly over on the radio before the snap on tv.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
LFITQ
Team Captain

CBC is lousy today. Just watched the Edm/Sask blowout and had great picture clarity and everything. Now all the players have little ghosts and some angles look out of focus. Not to mention sometimes the talk seems to be behind the picture (ie I am watching an old dubbed Japanese movie).

And why oh why do we get saddled with armitage??? Rod Black this morning and now Armitage. Talk about a poor day for football announcing.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

I have the team1040 on the web, with the DVR playing the game on delay...synced up perfectly.

This is an Armitage free zone.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I thought the TSN picture from Regina was terrible. There were few closeups and the green uniforms of the Riders just blended into the new turf.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Looks like they delayed the radio a little to match the tv better after the 1st ad break. Still 1/2 sec or so ahead.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

That loss of down on the Murphy major foul was the right call. Same thing happened last night in the Wpg/Ham game.
BEEECEEE
All Star

Pierce has got to lay the ball in the receivers hands not throw a dart. Frik
Formely sfu_guy