Bill Braidwood tries to make nice

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Bill Braidwood is just like a million other "hockey dads" or any other sport where the parent identifies too much with the play of the kid.

I think I will cut him some slack on this one.

Besides it was Abdullah that created the original ruckus. Adam Braidwood kind of got sucked into it.

Here is Braidwood trying to make nice courtesy of Greg Douglas in the Vancouver Sun.

"Eskimo's dad eats humble pie after clash with Lion"

Greg Douglas, Vancouver Sun

Published: Saturday, July 14, 2007

SCENE & HEARD: Bill Braidwood is in his wife's doghouse and he's been scolded by his son. "What hurts even more," he says, "is being referred to as 'portly'. All this time, I thought of myself as a sexy senior citizen."

Mr. Braidwood, 60 in September, is the father of Edmonton Eskimos' lineman Adam. Braidwood senior confronted 6-5, 305-pound Rob Murphy of the Lions after last week's game outside the Leos' dressing room on the lower level of B.C. Place Stadium.

"This portly man comes over to me and says, 'Hey, I'm Adam's father and I just want you to know you're a disgrace to the CFL,' " Murphy told reporters later. Murphy had been ejected from the game with eight minutes remaining following a scuffle with Adam Braidwood after the whistle.

The confrontation involving Mr. Braidwood and Murphy made national headlines. "I guess you could say the media has fed me to the Lions," Mr. Braidwood suggests, trying not to be frivolous. "I'll be straight out: I was out of line. I should never have been down in that restricted dressing room area. I've apologized to the B.C. Lions and I've apologized to Bob Ackles. It was a dumb thing to do."

Mr. Braidwood has promised his wife Robin that it will never happen again. "We'll go to Edmonton and Calgary for a number of games this season to watch Adam," Mr. Braidwood says. "Trust me: I'll be on my best behaviour."

I wonder if he apologized to Murphy as well. I wonder if he is allowed back into BC Place or if he is "suspended."

It should sell a few more tickets in the rematch.
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Kudos to him for manning up and apologizing.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Absolutely. Great fortitude to own up. :thup:
Rammer
Team Captain

Not bad for a portly guy. 8) :thup:
Entertainment value = an all time low
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:Not bad for a portly guy. 8) :thup:
LOL ...... Portly guy makes nice.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

The story reads like this was a one-off incident and he not only is apologetic he made the right contacts to apologize to all including his wife and son. He recognized that he shouldn't have been where he was also. I think he should be forgiven by all.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy