Fifa U-20 World Cup

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

LFITQ wrote:The Chilean team should not have been able to compete for the Bronze. They should have been sent packing right away.
There is something very, very odd about what happened after that game. I am personally not sure that the security/police didn't make this a bigger issue than it needed to be. I sure hear conflicting reports on what happened.

The games must go on. FIFA is hugely political and there is no way that sending Chile home wouldn't have cost some people hugely.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
120dB
Legend

What was the biggest crowd for any of the U-20 games and in what city?
Yank In BC
Hall of Famer

120dB wrote:What was the biggest crowd for any of the U-20 games and in what city?
You should try looking it up. There is this neat thing called google, why not try it yourself.
I have my head up my butt - 120db
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Yank In BC wrote:
120dB wrote:What was the biggest crowd for any of the U-20 games and in what city?
You should try looking it up. There is this neat thing called google, why not try it yourself.
Wikipedia has good info on the event too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_FIFA_U-20_World_Cup
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Why insult someone whether they could look it up or not? There are more than enough posters here who will willingly answer or source it nicely for the person.

From Wikipedia, it would appear that the Toronto event at BMO field was the best attended for semi-final that it is still being discussed with differing versions of who did what to whom post game to the Chile team. I suspect it was the Chileans who brought it on themselves.

"On June 28, 2007, two days before the inaugural match, it was reported that 950,000 tickets had been sold,[2] making it the largest single-sport event ever taking place in the country,[3] and on July 3, the tournament organisers sold the one millionth ticket.[4] On July 19, the semifinal match between Chile and Argentina marked this edition as the most attended in the tournament's history, with an accumulated attendance of 1,156,187 spectators, surpassing Mexico 1983's 1,155,160 spectators.[5] Final attendance totalled 1,195,299."
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy