Source: Preds owner wants binding agreement

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

Wally!
Starter

Sounds like a pressure tactic ...

http://www.nashvillepredators.com/press ... ry_id=1381

[quote]
“We did send the NHL a letter today requesting that it not do any further due diligence on Jim Balsillie’s offer for the Nashville Predators until we reach a binding agreement. If Jim is interested in reaching a binding agreement, we are prepared to move forward.â€
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I think Balsillie made a big mistake by openly selling season tickets in Hamilton before the sale of the Predators is final. I thought he was a better businessman than that.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:I think Balsillie made a big mistake by openly selling season tickets in Hamilton before the sale of the Predators is final. I thought he was a better businessman than that.
Sort of like Frank D'Angelo unveiling the new Uniforms for his Ottawa Steelbacks/Cheetahs before even talking to the League?

Some things are more publicity moves than anything else.
GeroySimonFAN
All Star

well it looks like a guy that wants to move the team to Kansas City is now the frontrunner to get the franchise

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article. ... 75003_4696
GeroySimonFAN
All Star

Bettman is screwing Canada over...he wants a team in Kansas City all along, word is that the guy who is now purchasing the predators and relocating them to KC is paying $48 or 50 million less than what Ballsillie was going to pay. just so Bettman can put a team in KC.
LFITQ
Team Captain

Anyone watched Bon Cop Bad Cap? That one is pretty funny. Bettman bashers will love it!
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??