2007 Lions Game Day Giveaways, Promotions, and Events

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

I think the entire Rammer clan got one each. When I entered the stadium at like 720, they still had some down at entrance off the Cambie Bridge.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

pinkfreud wrote:It was his first football game and he was so excited by the crowd. He blew me away when he asked me if Montreal sucked worse than Hamilton!

:lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Robbie wrote:
pinkfreud wrote:Because I'm going to have one upset 5 year old (my friend's child) if he doesn't get one tomorrow.
Did he manage to get one, Pinkfreud?

How about the rest of you with kids?
Yes I did thnx to Kieth A.
Wear orange or wear nothing
Ballistic Bob
Legend

SammyGreene wrote:Noticed the Lions have updated their info on their game day giveaways:
August 31 vs. Montreal
Game Sponsor: Save-On-Foods
The first 4,000 kids ages 12 and under will receive a free zipper binder courtesy of Save-On-Foods.
Saturday, September 15 vs. Toronto
Game Sponsor: RONA
Ladies Night - the first 3,000 ladies through the gates will receive a free pink BC Lions eco-friendly tote bag, in support of the game's Lions Share partner, the BC Cancer Foundation.
Saturday September 29 vs. Calgary
Game Sponsor: Frito Lay Canada
Fan Appreciation Night - post game giveaway of 15,000 team posters, and other random prizes will be awarded throughout the game!
Saturday October 20 vs. Edmonton
Game Sponsor: Subway
Subway Salute to Amateur Football
Saturday November 3 vs. Calgary
Game Sponsor: SportsAction
The first 3,000 kids 12 and under will receive a free Geroy Simon Bobblehead courtesy of Rogers Home Phone.
This is the first I have seen of the Geroy Bobbleheads being only for fans 12 and under. I am glad my son comes to the games with me but this is WILL NOT go over well with everyone else.

Also... I take it most of you received the invite for the season ticket holder survey. Some very interesting questions covering just about everything.
If memory serves me right the Damon Allen bobblehead a few years ago was for kids 12 and under. BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
Rammer
Team Captain

Ballistic Bob wrote:
SammyGreene wrote:Noticed the Lions have updated their info on their game day giveaways:
August 31 vs. Montreal
Game Sponsor: Save-On-Foods
The first 4,000 kids ages 12 and under will receive a free zipper binder courtesy of Save-On-Foods.
Ladies Night - the first 3,000 ladies through the gates will receive a free pink BC Lions eco-friendly tote bag, in support of the game's Lions Share partner, the BC Cancer Foundation.
Saturday September 29 vs. Calgary
Game Sponsor: Frito Lay Canada
Fan Appreciation Night - post game giveaway of 15,000 team posters, and other random prizes will be awarded throughout the game!
Saturday October 20 vs. Edmonton
Game Sponsor: Subway
Subway Salute to Amateur Football
Saturday November 3 vs. Calgary
Game Sponsor: SportsAction
The first 3,000 kids 12 and under will receive a free Geroy Simon Bobblehead courtesy of Rogers Home Phone.
This is the first I have seen of the Geroy Bobbleheads being only for fans 12 and under. I am glad my son comes to the games with me but this is WILL NOT go over well with everyone else.

Also... I take it most of you received the invite for the season ticket holder survey. Some very interesting questions covering just about everything.
If memory serves me right the Damon Allen bobblehead a few years ago was for kids 12 and under. BB
Your memory is correct, I almost felt sorry for the young Rider couple who attended the game, as I had four bobbleheads and they had come early for the give away.
Entertainment value = an all time low
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

What a load of crap! I really wanted one of the Geroy bobbleheads and was even planning on asking for that day off specifically so that I could go early to ensure I got one.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

That goes to show how stingy Rogers Home Phone is to give away only 3,000 bobbleheads when in Seattle, 25,000 bobbleheads are given away at various Mariners game day promotions. I remember when the first bobblehead doll was given away at a Mariners game, many people even camped overnight.

I don't think parents would trust their under 13 year old kids to camp outside BC Place overnight.

Repeating my earlier point, I wonder how the under 13 rule will be enforced on November 3. I'm sure there will be many 13, 14, and 15 year olds claiming to be 12.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

A reminder for all you ladies to pick up your giveaway:

Last year at this time, some of you lamented on missing out on the pink scarf giveaway during ladies night. So be sure to get there early if you want your pink tote bag.

On a side note....I wonder if young girls qualify as ladies with regards to the giveway. If not, then at what age does RONA set regarding whether a young woman qualifies for the promotion.
lion24
Legend

Robbie wrote:A reminder for all you ladies to pick up your giveaway:

Last year at this time, some of you lamented on missing out on the pink scarf giveaway during ladies night. So be sure to get there early if you want your pink tote bag.

On a side note....I wonder if young girls qualify as ladies with regards to the giveway. If not, then at what age does RONA set regarding whether a young woman qualifies for the promotion.
I think this giveaway is sexist; maybe I wanted a pink tote bag :wink: :wink:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Soundy
Hall of Famer

lion24 wrote:I think this giveaway is sexist; maybe I wanted a pink tote bag :wink: :wink:
Maybe if you show up in a dress and spike heels, they'll give you one!
:rockin:
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Soundy wrote:
lion24 wrote:I think this giveaway is sexist; maybe I wanted a pink tote bag :wink: :wink:
:lol:
Good idea, we could use some drag queens in the audience.

And if you also wanted that Geroy Simon bobblehead at the last home game, I'm sure a young man like you can think of a way to disguise yourself as a 12-year old.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Sure, once I take off the two-o-clock shadow, I'm just a babyface ;)
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
lion24
Legend

Soundy wrote:
That's easy because that is my "get up" every friday night as I head out on the town!!! :wink: :wink: :lol:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Good to finally see you in person, Susan. Did you pick up a pink tote bag?
MacNews
Team Captain

My grandma got one, they looked pretty decent for free.